Who the fuck deleted the "it's a Jungle out there" Thread?

oldschooler

I am seriously disgusted with this fucking place. 

All I said was Dan is one of the finest people I have ever met and that he is not a racist.

Although he and I do not agree about Guns, I realize we have travled different roads.

And his opinion is just that , his opinion. I am so sick of seeing people belittle and degrade

others because they don't share your views. It's bullshit. 

I'm sorry I didn't come to your defense sooner Dan. 

Dan is no longer a Mod while motherfuckers call him a racist and attack him.

Mods have their powers stripped away because I threatened to suspend someone

that kept attacking me.Now there are Bears Trolls infesting this place and I have to sit bye

and watch it. I tried to edit, delete and hid their posts, but after 20 minutes I gave up.

What the fuck is wrong with this place? I worked my ass off for years for this place.

I have to step away because of my job and straight downhill it goes. 

Some of you people should stop patting yourselves on the back and start hanging your heads in shame. 

I am ashamed of you. And I am ashamed of this board. 

I am seriously disgusted with this fucking place. 

All I said was Dan is one of the finest people I have ever met and that he is not a racist.

Although he and I do not agree about Guns, I realize we have travled different roads.

And his opinion is that just, his opinion. I am so sick of seeing people belittle and degrade

others because they don't share your views. It's bullshit. 

I'm sorry I didn't come to your defense sooner Dan. 

Dan is no longer a Mod while motherfuckers call him a racist and attack him.

Mods have their powers stripped away because I threatened to suspend someone

that kept attacking me.Now there are Bears Trolls infesting this place and I have to sit bye

and watch it. I tried to edit, delete and hid their posts, but after 20 minutes I gave up.

What the fuck is wrong with this place? I worked my ass off for years for this place.

I have to step away because of my job and straight downhill it goes. 

Some of you people should stop patting yourselves on the back and start hanging your heads in shame. 

I am ashamed of you. And I am ashamed of this board. 

Well said, sir. +1 and sorry it could not be more.

Thought that thread was locked. Anyhow, probably a good thing it's gone as Backer was making an ass of himself.

I could post in it. It is one of the few powers I have left. 

And it looked like a mob ganging up on a good man to me. 

This forum is the devil. People forget we are all drawn here for the same reason.

And they forget to treat others with respect. You can be against the view without

acting like the person that has the differing view is beneath you. It's called tact.

You should try it sometime. You might find those who disagree with you respect

you and your opinion more. I know I respect others more that show me respect.

I am "oldschool" that way. 

I could post in it. It is one of the few powers I have left. 

And it looked like a mob ganging up on a good man to me. 

This forum is the devil. People forget we are all drawn here for the same reason.

And they forget to treat others with respect. You can be against the view without

acting like the person that has the differing view is beneath you. It's called tact.

You should try it sometime. You might find those who disagree with you respect

you and your opinion more. I know I respect others more that show me respect.

I am "oldschool" that way. 

I was not ganging up on him

Cui bono on the thread delete? That thread was a troll started by a guy who was bent out of shape by his anger. Just another case of a guy with bull-in-a-china-shop social views who gets hurt feelings when someone speaks up and calls out the violence-prone bullshit. You know, kinda like that way-back-when thread that was so embarrassing to you that you deleted it.

And tact? Read the first post in this thread and try to keep a straight face. Lol.

Cui bono on the thread delete? That thread was a troll started by a guy who was bent out of shape by his anger. Just another case of a guy with bull-in-a-china-shop social views who gets hurt feelings when someone speaks up and calls out the violence-prone bullshit. You know, kinda like that way-back-when thread that was so embarrassing to you that you deleted it.

And tact? Read the first post in this thread and try to keep a straight face. Lol.

It was started by a guy that wanted to share his views. If you don't agree with him, then great.

But I read the thread. And from the get go he was called a racist and a host of other things. 

I mean how the hell do you talk about something that is an issue to you if your are too busy

defending yourself from stupid shit? Oh that's right, you can't. 

And I never deleted anything because I was embarrassed. I deleted it because it was a case of 

banging my head against the wall. And because I could delete it. Nothing more. I have no shame in my beliefs.

And I sure as hell have no shame for how I treat others. 

Also, I read it and my face is still straight. I get attacked and Mods get powers stripped away.

Dan gets attacked and gets his powers stripped away. It's like a "Mob Rules" mentality here. 

It would be nice if people could share their views here without being attacked. That is all. 

This forum turns some nice people into some not  so nice people. I would love for that to change. 

Just something to think about. 

But it's not like I haven't tried before to get some people here to tone down on the vitriol. 

Like I said, Dan is a good guy. If you take that into account while addressing him, then things

should go swimmingly well from that point on. 

Nice thoughts. But a bit naive and self-excusing. I mean, you abused your mod powers in the previous case and Backer didn't have his mod status taken away from him--he resigned. He set himself up for that. He knows it, too. Let's pray for the martyr.

Ummm, threatening to suspend someone for attacking you over and over after you have

pratically begged them to stop is not abusing power. Matter of a fact I never did anything

but tell you to stop or I would make you stop. Wow. Pretty abusive aren't I? 

And he stepped down because people were up in arms about a "racist" being a Mod

and acted like they wanted no part of this board because of it. 

Look, I am just trying to get you and everyone else here to play nice. You don't want to? That says more about you

than it does anyone else. And I notice you had to throw a couple of jabs in there. 

Way to start off on the same foot you left off on. Geez. 

This whole thing sucks. I like Dan. I don't really understand why he went out on a limb and fell on his own sword as it were, but it is what it is. I enjoy the differing opinions on this part of the board. I used to participate more in the past than I do now and that's a direct function of having my views challenged and the abstract wisdom time provides. I do think that there are some serious lines in the sand that no matter what someone says, provides cites for or whatever that they aren't going to change certain people's minds so it surely can be an exercise in banging one's head against the wall, as Oldschooler states.

I will not take sides nor will I genuflect before any altars. I grew up one way and as I age I see the world in an increasingly different light in many respects.

I still cannot for the life of me understand why we cannot all be civil and get along despite our differences of opinion. That's what I thought this forum was for. That, and killing the dead space in between seasons....:lol:

But seriously...there needs to be some hatchet-burying here, on all sides. Dan started a provocative thread and there was instant negativity to perceived racism in it, AFAICT. Like I said, I skimmed it but avoided it. I would have never deleted such a thread. Maybe you don't share Dan's views but you can certainly respond without instantly calling out the racist card just because some of the videos he posted were of black people perpetrating crimes. Or the fact that he used the word "jungle" in the thread title.

I don't think Dan is a racist, at all. I think he's a little xenophobic and deep into gun rights, but that doesn't make him a bad person nor a racist.

Can't cooler heads prevail? Was it Ryan that obliged him his offer of stripping him of his "powers" (and we REALLY need to stop referring to them as such, it makes us sound like we're the Avengers or some shit)?

Archived