Washington Navy yard shooting

Numbers

Here we go again:

http://liveblogwp.wtop.com/Event/Breaking_News_31

WASHINGTON -- The Navy Yard office confirms that the Navy Yard is on lockdown as of shortly before 8 a.m. Thursday.

The Associated Press confirms that a Navy official says shots have been reported.
Navy spokesman Petty Officer 1st Class Pedro Rodriguez says a lockdown is underway. He did not give information on injuries or other details Thursday morning.

The D.C. police say that M Street is closed between South Capitol Street to 11th Street Southeast.

What's with the Navy Yard, of all places?

This coming from someone that lives about 20 minutes from it, I have no idea.  Nationals Park is pretty close to there as well.  One of my friends lives close to it as well. 

From what I'm reading nobody has been shot & some sources are questioning whether any shots were fired.  Possibly just someone spotted with a gun? Not seeing any reports of injuries.

Depending on what Twitter you follow, some are stating one person thought they heard a gunshot and called 911. 

What's with the Navy Yard, of all places?

It has gotten better since the Nat's Park was put there, but it used to be the sketchy part of town. We used to go to Raves back in my late 20s early 30s at a place called Nation Night Club up that way, you had to lock your stuff in your trunk at night or it was going to get broken into, know a person that happened to once.

Archived