Bengals Fans: No More Katy Perry

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887324807704579087202383749082.html?mod=wsj_share_tweet

After enraging their fans with a misguided musical choice, the Cincinnati Bengals are calling an audible.

The Bengals—who on Monday unveiled Katy Perry's megahit "Roar" as a pregame, in-game and postgame song at Paul Brown Stadium—said on Friday that the song will no longer be featured as prominently.

The decision comes after a social-media backlash over the team's usage of the song—which, as bubblegum pop fare, was an affront to typical football tastes. Fans took to Twitter to complain before the game against the Pittsburgh Steelers was even over.

I think they played it 3 times within 10 minutes at the start of the game. They've been heavy Katy Perry and Ke$ha the past few years. Someone's teenage daughter must be selecting the music.

The title of the thread isn't accurate, it they are still going to play it just not as much.

I wasn't at the game, but the issue is probably that they played it too much, not that they played it at all.  It would probably to be fine to play as people are coming into and going out of the stadium.  

We missed the Katy Perry to start the game, and didn't notice it if they played it later... If it had been a normal afternoon game, I'd have timed it perfectly. As it was, security took longer than we'd have liked, getting food took longer, and the one beer per person meant we all had to stand in line (with everyone else in the stadium who had to stand in line).

at least they chose something where the lyrics fit.  "I got the eye of the tiger, a fighter, dancing through the fire. Cause I am a champion and you’re gonna hear me roar"

Detroit Tigers fans don't seem to have a problem with it.  Sounds like a small number of Bengals fans just chose to complain.

The song is also featured in the stadium mixes for other tiger-named teams, with little to no fallout. A Detroit Tigers spokesman said the team "will continue to play it at most if not all Tigers home games this season."

Archived