Refereeing

So, let me get this out of the way before the result of the game is determined. This is absolutely horrible refereeing. Between the B.S. hands to the face and roughing the passer calls for Rodgers, the absolutely legal teeing up and late hits on Dalton, the missed holding calls on the Packers O-Line, and the out of bounds kickoff that hit a Packers player before actually hitting out of bounds, something has to change. More penalties need to be automatically reviewed, and this crew needs more training.

Also, the Bengals are playing like shit. If they lose it will be because they look like shit. With only an assist by the ref's.

Agree...for the most part.  However, regarding the kickoff.  I'm almost positive that if the receiver has a foot out of bounds when he touches the ball, the ball is considered to be out of bounds.  So they actually got that call correct. 

This is correct. GB return man clearly knew this because he planted his foot OB, looked at the ref, and grabbed the ball.

This ref crew was terrible, besides getting the call right on the Newman fumble return. Blatant holding every play on both offenses and some really bad personal foul calls. 

Agree...for the most part.  However, regarding the kickoff.  I'm almost positive that if the receiver has a foot out of bounds when he touches the ball, the ball is considered to be out of bounds.  So they actually got that call correct. 

So if the ball is rolling down the sideline on a kickoff, the correct thing for a player to do is step out of bounds and touch the ball to get the illegal procedure?  Somehow I doubt that.

They missed a ton of holding calls on the Green Bay o-line.  I'm not one to normally notice them, but they were blatantly apparent to me in live action.

That kickoff rule needs to be changed, then.  The BALL should have to go out of bounds for it to be a penalty.

I don't think it's just a kickoff rule.  If there is a fumble and one of the players had a foot out-of-bounds when he touches the loose ball, the ball is considered to be out-of-bounds, and therefore, dead.

The roughing the passer was HORRENDOUS.

Burfict's defenseless receiver penalty was complete bullshit.

Two of the "roughing" penalties on GB were bullshit too and we didn't deserve those calls, but they weren't nearly as game/score defining as the 2 called on us. The pure BS roughing the passer call gave them a free TD when it should have been our ball. Those refs were horrible all around for both sides.

So if the ball is rolling down the sideline on a kickoff, the correct thing for a player to do is step out of bounds and touch the ball to get the illegal procedure?  Somehow I doubt that.

Don't doubt it.  That is exactly the rule.   I saw a NE player catch one on the fly that was going to land in the endzone...placed a foot OOB reached back into the field of play and caught it creating a penalty and 40 yd line start.

The roughing the passer was HORRENDOUS.

Burfict's defenseless receiver penalty was complete bullshit.

Two of the "roughing" penalties on GB were bullshit too and we didn't deserve those calls, but they weren't nearly as game/score defining as the 2 called on us. The pure BS roughing the passer call gave them a free TD when it should have been our ball. Those refs were horrible all around for both sides.

The one on AJ was legit.  The LB speared him helmet to helmet, the other three were, indeed, bogus.

The officiating favored the Packers a bit. The roughing the passer call was total crap. Marvin should have challenged Gresham's fumble. But good teams overcome, and today we did that.

Absolutely not.  That was a fumble, and I actually told Sois "Marvin better not challenge that shit"...

No, not necessarily. If the ball goes out of bounds at ALL on a kickoff it's an illegal procedure penalty. The ball did in fact go out of bounds right as the returner placed his hands on it today, but it wouldn't have mattered either way because it simply went out of bounds.

Absolutely not.  That was a fumble, and I actually told Sois "Marvin better not challenge that shit"...

Ha ha, I thought the exact same thing and drunkenly gave Marvin the stinkeye through the TV as if I could prevent him from making a key mistake throwing the red flag...

Archived