To the Marvin Haters (Disher)

I frequently take exception to ML's game day coaching.  He frequently abandons the rush game which drives me fucking nuts.  I did not see that today.  We did not run the ball as many times as I want but it's more difficult when you leave so many plays on the table with 4 turnovers.  His challenges usually leave a lot to be desired, both challenging when he should not, as well as not challenging when he should.  Today, however, his challenge won the game, so, kudos to Marvin today.

That being said, Rumble, referring to Marv as the greatest coach in our history is laughable on its face.

my point made for me.

Shit flows uphill. Thats the way it works in any organization.

I'm not talking specifically about this game, and the only reason I am criticizing ML after this win is because thats exactly what this thread was asking for. And I'm talking about a sum of all the years Marvin has been here. Hopefully, ultimately this is the year where everything changes. but it hasnt so far. It costed us the Bears game, the Stealers game was good but probably closer than it should have been, and we gave up 30 freakin points IN A ROW today. Its amazing to have won this game- but frankly I dont have any less doubts about Marvins ability to get us to a SuperBowl than I have during any other year. He just seems completely incapable of getting the team over the hump- having the team playing well enough to get a playoff win (at least) and into the SB. And if other people dont have this concern, then they dont have the kind of expectations normal fans have and are just beaten down into mediocrity acceptance.

I suspect you take Rumble, and his thread, too seriously.

Per Marvin's challenge ...

When the Bengals coaches saw the Fox Network feed in their booth, all agreed it was short and advised Lewis to throw the challenge flag.

“They said we were good, and when I saw it on the (scoreboard) I felt better about it. I thought they gave him further than what he got,” Lewis said.

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Notes-Newman-crowds-Packers/260477ec-afdf-4d6c-8a6e-a955898f3050

well, i'll be damned. all marvin had to do was contact bubba. bubba got eyes. bubba knows all. on top of that, bubba can make the call from his "crib". why spend all that cash on those high dollar MF'ers up in the booth, when ya got bubba in his crib, who can do just as good of a job, if not better?

Something still scares me knowing that our coaches in the booth are relegated to relying on the Fox News feed. I guess now we know why teams rush to snap - not because they want to prohibit other teams times to review their video - but because the network has to film live and so won't replay if the team is about to snap the ball again.

Seems to me they should at least throw a couple hundred bucks and throw a DVR up there :machinegunyellow:

Lol can't believe I was called an asshole for what I said. I think Marvin is a good coach and will probably get us to the playoffs again, but I really don't care about that, I expect to compete in the playoffs, something he has not been able to get his team to do. I hope he can this year, but his record is what it is for a reason. Hopefully this is the year he can inspire a team in the playoffs

Lol can't believe I was called an asshole for what I said. I think Marvin is a good coach and will probably get us to the playoffs again, but I really don't care about that, I expect to compete in the playoffs, something he has not been able to get his team to do. I hope he can this year, but his record is what it is for a reason. Hopefully this is the year he can inspire a team in the playoffs

Meh, I've been called much worse here for no reason.

Seems to me they should at least throw a couple hundred bucks and throw a DVR up there :machinegunyellow:

Not allowed...

Teams are only allowed to watch the game cast and stadium replay system. Some scoreboard operators are better than others. I've been to a couple Saints games and can tell you the Superdome operators don't show ANYYHING on the jumbotron that might help the opposing coach. When the Bengals won there a few years ago, Marvin Lewis challenged a play that was not shown on the big screen EVEN WHILE IT WAS BEING REVIEWED. That's what you call home cooking. Lol

Something still scares me knowing that our coaches in the booth are relegated to relying on the Fox News feed. I guess now we know why teams rush to snap - not because they want to prohibit other teams times to review their video - but because the network has to film live and so won't replay if the team is about to snap the ball again.

You act like we are the only team who's coaches are staring at the replay while clutching the red flag in our hands...

An opinion that becomes something more is the most common way people self destruct in public

changing your mind isn't as great a crime as refusing to,  despite new data

Since we have an emotional stake in our team, being objective went out the window a few beers ago

so lets enjoy the conjoining of several great trends,   and ride this team's play  as far as it can go

The bandwagon becomes a train with room for all

An opinion that becomes something more is the most common way people self destruct in public

Since we have an emotional stake in our team, being objective went out the window a few beers ago

so lets enjoy the conjoining of several great trends,   and ride this team's play  as far as it can go

Do you have a jingle to go with that?

Do you know a girl named Hayden?

Would you like to?

Lol. Omg dude ur posts on this are really bizarre.
Yeah my chest is puffed and I'm pounding it. Lol.
Dude I had a house full watching from my crib and I called it before replay. U dont buy that ? Cool. Who gives a shit.
More dudes in this board saw the same. Smh

Ed's a jackass, pay no attention to him.

Not allowed...

Teams are only allowed to watch the game cast and stadium replay system. Some scoreboard operators are better than others. I've been to a couple Saints games and can tell you the Superdome operators don't show ANYYHING on the jumbotron that might help the opposing coach. When the Bengals won there a few years ago, Marvin Lewis challenged a play that was not shown on the big screen EVEN WHILE IT WAS BEING REVIEWED. That's what you call home cooking. Lol

Ignoring the home cooking angle, how about the play earlier in the game where Green Bay was credited with a completed pass that was later shown to be incomplete due to the ball making contact with the ground? The fact that the Packers rushed to get the next play off before a replay could be shown was enough to know the pass hadn't been completed, but would have required Lewis to challenge the call without benefit of a replay.

Point being, I think Lewis was absolutely correct not to challenge the earlier contested play even though a challenge would have resulted in an overturned call.  

Can you teach me English?

Archived