2013-14 TV Season

Go Skins

The new season started Monday night, the final season of How I Met Your Mother, new comedies sprinkled throughout the week, ABC premiered Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. on Tuesday night (had over 20,000 check in's on Get Glue, which I have never seen since I have been using that app, and that show and NCIS was trending nationwide on Twitter), Survivor started last week, Amazing Race starts Sunday night, 2 hours of Law and Order:SVU tonight, FOX premiered a few new comedies last week (Dads and Brooklyn Nine-Nine) as well as new dramas such as Sleepy Hollow, and other shows are coming back.

Discuss.

The new season started Monday night, the final season of How I Met Your Mother, new comedies sprinkled throughout the week, ABC premiered Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. on Tuesday night (had over 20,000 check in's on Get Glue, which I have never seen since I have been using that app, and that show and NCIS was trending nationwide on Twitter), Survivor started last week, Amazing Race starts Sunday night, 2 hours of Law and Order:SVU tonight, FOX premiered a few new comedies last week (Dads and Brooklyn Nine-Nine) as well as new dramas such as Sleepy Hollow, and other shows are coming back.

Discuss.

Great:

SHIELD, Sleepy Hollow, The Blacklist, Hostages

Good/Shows Potential:

Dads

Mom

Trophy Wife

Back In The Game

Brooklyn 9-9

Watching Lucky 7 as we speak.

Homeland starts Sunday.  Best show on TV behind GoT.  If you haven't seen season 1 and 2, I really recommend it.

Watched the first few episodes and found it impossible to believe any of it.  The whole story is just so implausible and only got more ridiculous as it went on.

The Blacklist has potential. The Silence of the Lambs premise is a bit cliche, but workable. Spader is great.

I have a pet peeve with children on TV dramas. They are bad actors, they're written poorly, and writers always make a lead character have this insane connection with them... It bugs the crap out of me. I had to fast forward through everything involving the little girl, but the rest was pretty good.

I worry the husband side story is going to annoy me.

well BB fans?

a satisfying end, but I'm surprised there was no shocking moment or a specific scene that you didn't see coming.

[spoiler]  I think the machine gun scene would have played better if they hadn't shown him testing it.

I had expected him not to go after the Schwartz's so it was kind of surprising to see him show up there but it made sense how that played out.

Even the scene with Walt/Skylar, something seemed off with the placement of the pillar that was concealing Walt.  Didn't make any sense for a pillar to be there, lol.

Really the only surprising thing of the episode was that Jesse didn't pull the trigger. [/spoiler]

Of the shows I normally watch I thought Criminal Minds and Big Bang had the best starts.

Sleepy Hollow and Blacklist were both great.

My wife got me addicted to Castle this summer, but I have a couple more episodes from last season I need to watch before this season's premeire.

Have yet to watch Hawaii 5-0 and Once Upon a Time.

The Crazy Ones was ok, but not great.  Will give it a few more episodes.

Two and a Half Men needs to change it's name now.

a satisfying end, but I'm surprised there was no shocking moment or a specific scene that you didn't see coming.

[spoiler]  I think the machine gun scene would have played better if they hadn't shown him testing it.

I had expected him not to go after the Schwartz's so it was kind of surprising to see him show up there but it made sense how that played out.

Even the scene with Walt/Skylar, something seemed off with the placement of the pillar that was concealing Walt.  Didn't make any sense for a pillar to be there, lol.

Really the only surprising thing of the episode was that Jesse didn't pull the trigger. [/spoiler]

I thought the ending was great/perfect.

[spoiler]

The machine gun part was good I thought, you could kind of figure out what he was going to do when he was working on that rotating thing. At least that he was going to have the gun on is rotating and mowing fools down...

The Schwartz part did play out cool...didn't expect that...Badger and Skinny Pete being there was kinda cool.

The pillar was concealing Walt.. She was talking to Marie on the phone and you didn't even know he was there until the camera rolled around.

Also.. that whole scene was awesome..from Walt and Skyler's talk to him saying goodbye to Holly...

I knew Jesse wouldn't pull the trigger, well I would have been really surprised if he would have.

I think this last show was really great, only a little predictable... How they did everything worked out perfect....

I am gonna miss this show so much...[/spoiler]

Of the shows I normally watch I thought Criminal Minds and Big Bang had the best starts.

Sleepy Hollow and Blacklist were both great.

My wife got me addicted to Castle this summer, but I have a couple more episodes from last season I need to watch before this season's premeire.

Have yet to watch Hawaii 5-0 and Once Upon a Time.

The Crazy Ones was ok, but not great.  Will give it a few more episodes.

Two and a Half Men needs to change it's name now.

I haven't watched Criminal Minds yet..still in the DVR..

BBT was pretty good...That show is goofy, but I love it..

The Blacklist was awesome in episode one..IMO.. Excited to see the second...

I don't watch any of the other shows you listed.

I thought the ending was great/perfect.

[spoiler]

The machine gun part was good I thought, you could kind of figure out what he was going to do when he was working on that rotating thing. At least that he was going to have the gun on is rotating and mowing fools down...

The Schwartz part did play out cool...didn't expect that...Badger and Skinny Pete being there was kinda cool.

The pillar was concealing Walt.. She was talking to Marie on the phone and you didn't even know he was there until the camera rolled around.

I knew Jesse wouldn't pull the trigger, well I would have been really surprised if he would have.

I think this last show was really great, only a little predictable... How they did everything worked out perfect....

I am gonna miss this show so much...[/spoiler]

[spoiler] I think you misunderstood my points.  Yea the machine gun part was cool, but it would have been more of a badass moment if they hadn't shown him designing it.  I think they should have shown a more cryptic scene of him designing it, something they've done greatly throughout the series.  Giving you a tiny piece and waiting to see how it fits in.

Also with the pillar, yea that's what I was saying.  It was obvious he was behind the pillar.  That pillar was so out of place, lol.

[/spoiler]

I don't watch Castle, but didn't they catch Red John like 3years ago?  It's basically the only part of a castle episode I've watched.

[spoiler] it was in a mall and it was neal mcdonough.  Was that just a curveball?[/spoiler]

I think that's a different show.

Archived