2013-14 TV Season

Go Skins

BTW: got all caught up on Longmire, and really dig it. Great show. Gorgeous scenery. Camera work is pretty badass. They love to show off the landscape, and really play off light and shadow with faces. Total homage to classic Westerns, while still being a quality crime drama.

Watched Masters of Sex and just was not digging it very much.  Might give it a chance next week, but probably my least favorite Showtime show I've watched.

Homeland was on point, though.  Eastbound and Down looks to be great again.

Of the shows I normally watch I thought Criminal Minds and Big Bang had the best starts.

I finally watched last weeks criminal minds last night... Damn....what a creepy start to the season.. It was good though..

side note... does JJ get better looking every year or what....

I finally watched last weeks criminal minds last night... Damn....what a creepy start to the season.. It was good though..

side note... does JJ get better looking every year or what....

She is certainly hotter now than she was when the show started.

Sleepy Hollow and Blacklist were both great.

I watch so little TV other than junk TV to fill time that I'm out of it, pretty much.

I did watch the premier of Blacklist and liked it pretty well, will continue especially if its on

OnDemand.  I don't care for how all the new shows of the last X years are episodic and interconnected.

Miss one and your lost for the next.  

But Blacklist was good enough.  

Sleepy Hollow... nope.  Too contrived.  Great set and setting, peachy costumes, neat-o special effects

but really a stretch to swallow all of that.  After awhile it got to the point where you were saying "Oh, come ON".

Reminded me of Grimm which I watched for quite awhile until I missed an episode or two and was lost.

That became too formulaic in that every week it was the monster du jour raising Hell and being defeated and

some sort of vehicle to move along the subplots with the characters interactions.

No one watches but... my two favorites...

Copper was cancelled after two seasons.  The last show was just that, the last show.

Boardwalk Empire is off to a fantastic start.  Last season it was all about Gyp Rosetti (who won the Emmy

for his performance) and this year there are several subplots evolving already.  Fantastic actors as well

as the period costumes and sets are great.

AND... they have already announced there will be a 5th season next year.

But for me, what a perfect Sunday.  Bengals in the afternoon, Boardwalk Empire at night.

BTW: got all caught up on Longmire, and really dig it. Great show. Gorgeous scenery. Camera work is pretty badass. They love to show off the landscape, and really play off light and shadow with faces. Total homage to classic Westerns, while still being a quality crime drama.

Waiting for it to end and the new season of Bates Motel return to replace it.

At least that's the way I think it will work.

Watched the second episode of Sleepy Hollow.

[spoiler]Super happy with the last two minutes. My biggest disappointment with the first episode was that they killed Clancy Brown. Ghost, hallucination, whatever. That dude rules, and needs to be on the show. [/spoiler]

So far How I Met Your Mother is alright.  There are some truly brilliant moments, but they are diluted by filler.  There is maybe 5 minutes of each episode with the old magic.  It's still satisfying, and I hope the show can conclude with the great ending it deserves.  It has always had charm and a poetic view of the passage of time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

HIMYM from Monday, Nov. 11th, anyone watch?

I missed like the first minute (thanks for the reminder, going to go watch it now), but yes.  

Very heartfelt episode, I love that they are moving away from the comedy even though it is one.  The show is at its best when they go heartfelt, or when they go balls to the wall with the musical pieces.  Given that its been a long journey and you're invested in the characters, heavy on the heartfelt just feels right.

That's not to say there still can't be plenty of comedy, which it has had in spurts.  However, the comedy now accents the heartfelt, rather than the heartfelt accenting the comedy.

According to Cobie Smulders, an upcoming episode is done completely in rhymes. 

I missed like the first minute (thanks for the reminder, going to go watch it now), but yes.  

Very heartfelt episode, I love that they are moving away from the comedy even though it is one.  The show is at its best when they go heartfelt, or when they go balls to the wall with the musical pieces.  Given that its been a long journey and you're invested in the characters, heavy on the heartfelt just feels right.

That's not to say there still can't be plenty of comedy, which it has had in spurts.  However, the comedy now accents the heartfelt, rather than the heartfelt accenting the comedy.

According to Cobie Smulders, an upcoming episode is done completely in rhymes. 

I've been trying to avoid spoilers (that includes the teaser that is shown at the end of the episode) but I did hear about the future episode being done in rhyme. 

It was so Barney style in the store on Monday's episode.  

Archived