AJ going COC.

If they're matched up against a good defense, the WRs aren't going to get open very often. The QB has to make a good throw. That's how you pass on a good defense. A good defense isn't going to have the ability to stop plays from happening all the time, but I feel most of the times they'll at least negate YAC by prompt tackling. The QB just has to be more accurate, man. Our guys don't always have great separation because the guys on the other side are getting paid too. But at least the offense knows where each other should be at certain times

I can see that with Haden (although green should be able to make plays against anyone), but I have seen Buster Skrine over the years and he's atrocious. For Sanu and M. Jones to not consistently beat him like a drum is a disgrace. Did you watch Atlanta vs. New England? It's not simply having your WR's always get 5 yards of separation. it's having your WR's do whatever they can to get themselves in good position to catch the football. Much like the end of last season, i did not see that yesterday. For the first 3 quarters yesterday, i was yelling for Dalton to get rid of the football. it was only after seeing a few aerial views that I noticed that there simply was nowhere for him to throw it. 

Gruden definitely could've thrown some different looks in there too. Put Eifert or Gresham out wide and put AJ or Sanu in the slot. If the D is in zone, then the LB or safety that was going to cover a TE will now be trying to cover Green. If they're in man coverage, then Gresh or Eifert will have a size/speed mismatch outside.

Bottom line is, when the D is all over your guys, you have to get creative. Don't keep running the same shit over and over hoping for something to change.

I'm as big a fan of green as anybody, but he is no longer a top 5 receiver in the league like he was last year. I'm thinking it has alot to do with the lack of training camp for him. That will get better with a little more time. The bigger issue to me is he doesnt seem to have his head in the game. Almost appears to me he doesn't give a shit at times, and hopefully I'm wrong about that but wtf?

I really think our offensive woes comes down to multiple things. Bad play calling, Dalton missing on easy passes (which leads to frustrated receivers[which leads to bad mistakes by said receivers]). The bengals flat out are just playing really bad football. Reminds me of the first half of last season. I really do see us turning it around and having a good, playoff bound season, but they have alot of work to do to get there. That includes coaching staff, AD, AJG and the offensive line.

I can see that with Haden (although green should be able to make plays against anyone), but I have seen Buster Skrine over the years and he's atrocious. For Sanu and M. Jones to not consistently beat him like a drum is a disgrace. Did you watch Atlanta vs. New England? It's not simply having your WR's always get 5 yards of separation. it's having your WR's do whatever they can to get themselves in good position to catch the football. Much like the end of last season, i did not see that yesterday. For the first 3 quarters yesterday, i was yelling for Dalton to get rid of the football. it was only after seeing a few aerial views that I noticed that there simply was nowhere for him to throw it. 

One of the plays they showed was 4 verticals where are 4 WRs run a 9 and the RB should be open underneath...like what they ran vs. Pittsburgh when Gio caught the TD.  The WRs aren't making any moves, their job on that play is to open up room for the RB.  The problem is, we had BJGE in to get the ball, not sure why he was in.  Other times they were showing the plays before the WRs would make their cuts.  Remember, being open in the NFL doesn't mean having 5 yards of separation, it's about position. I'm not saying the WRs did a great job, but I don't think it's fair to assume the WRs weren't getting open b/c of 3 arial shots.

why not have Dane out there?  He did what was asked of him and Jones and Sanu weren't having good games.

I actually like him alot.  Was hoping he would get more PT.  I think his savvyness and his ability

to get open and catch everything is what Andy could use more of.  He may not be the fastest

but either is Wes Welker and he's open all day long.

At what point yesterday did it look like our "real good WR's" were getting separation from the defensive backs covering them? I'm very curious on this one because if you actually spotted this, I immediately call for you to replace both Dalton and Gruden as QB/Offensive Coordinator.

If you ask me, in watching that tire fire of a football game, I would say Dalton was awful, extremely skittish in the pocket, afraid to step into any of this throws (even when he had time) and horribly inaccurate on almost all of his passes.  I would also say he might have thrown 2-3 passes all game long to WR's/TE's who got any sort of separation. Dalton has been bad for the most part this season but his WR's have been just as bad, maybe even worse.

P.S. Not to mention the fact that they have also fumbled away 3 balls in 4 weeks.

I'll give you one. Muhammed was open on that flee flicker and he under threw him. Thank god for the P.I. call but it didn't do us any good since we couldn't get into the endzone.

I'll give you one. Muhammed was open on that flee flicker and he under threw him. Thank god for the P.I. call but it didn't do us any good since we couldn't get into the endzone.

Sanu also open in the first Q and the throw (maybe the first of the game for Dalton) was way off. A.J. Green finally got open once deep in single coverage on Haden, and Andy way overthrew him. I can understand that one because Haden slowed down A.J. just enough with the bump to throw off the timing.

Andy also put way too much loft on an earlier deep ball to A.J. where A.J. actually started to get over top of Haden. That's one where Andy should have driven the ball far rather than going for height. He hung it up so long the free safety almost picked it off. Finally there was a crossing route where A.J. was wide open in the middle of the field, and Andy threw it three yards behind A.J. Just a bad game overall for Andy.

Sanu also open in the first Q and the throw (maybe the first of the game for Dalton) was way off. A.J. Green finally got open once deep in single coverage on Haden, and Andy way overthrew him. I can understand that one because Haden slowed down A.J. just enough with the bump to throw off the timing.

Andy also put way too much loft on an earlier deep ball to A.J. where A.J. actually started to get over top of Haden. That's one where Andy should have driven the ball far rather than going for height. He hung it up so long the free safety almost picked it off. Finally there was a crossing route where A.J. was wide open in the middle of the field, and Andy threw it three yards behind A.J. Just a bad game overall for Andy.

The long bomb downfield is low percentage pass and I agree you can't just Johnny Football the thing in the air and pretend an NFL caliber safety won't make a play on it.

AJ is becoming Chad? Really?!? 

I respectfully and incredulously disagree. I would frankly be more concerned about him if he didn't look frustrated with the way the entire offense played yesterday. Why do we need to create drama where none exists? 

Just a week ago we were openly pondering whether or not we are an elite team.

Now AJ=Chad and Andy is a bum. If you are going to post please take more time to think than your average ESPN analyst.  

I bet he would.  He's not a "throw my QB under the bus" type of guy.

And its not like any other QB from that draft has been awesome.  

Wait, you put AJ's statement up about wanting Dalton to throw him the ball as evidence he wanted Dalton as his QB,  then you go on to say that he's not a "throw my QB under the bus" type guy.....so which is it?   Was he telling the truth when he said he wanted Dalton as his QB or was he just not being a "throw my QB under the bus" type guy?   You're talking out of both sides of your mouf. 

AJ Green was frustrated as hell after the Houston loss last year and his confidence in Dalton has been steadily declining ever since.  This is a fact.   If I was AJ and I wasn't getting the ball or when it was thrown to me, it was Daltoned (wobbly duck, inaccurate), I would be pissed too.  I just may not give 100% effort on every play because of this.   And get off that shit that AJ needs to "fight for balls more".  How about getting a decent pass?  

Even Tillman's INT in front of AJ was a bad read by Dalton as well.  AJ wasn't even expecting the ball to come because of the way Tillman lined up.  That should have tipped the QB that the ball shouldn't go there.  AJ read it perfectly, dumbo Dalton however, did not.   AJ wasn't expecting the pass because it shouldn't have come his way based on CB positioning. 

I've tried to give this douchebag a chance but I'm learning that he is going to always be the limitation, the hinderence to this offense as he is currently.   The rest of you all will realize soon enough.  But keep making excuses for him until then.   Remember, he's only in his 3rd year..................then next year, he will only be in his 4th year.  "Give him a break, he's only been in the league for 9 yrs!!!".  <-- 2018 Go-Bengals post from any one of about 7 people. 

What's he rank like 20th in yds / pass?  Passer rating down in teh 20s as well?   Dalton Mania!!!!!1  I feel so good about winning the big one this year! 

It's not his fault, he threw it as far as he could.  35 yds later, a pass interference call.  

Wait, you put AJ's statement up about wanting Dalton to throw him the ball as evidence he wanted Dalton as his QB,  then you go on to say that he's not a "throw my QB under the bus" type guy.....so which is it?   Was he telling the truth when he said he wanted Dalton as his QB or was he just not being a "throw my QB under the bus" type guy?   You're talking out of both sides of your mouf. 

AJ Green was frustrated as hell after the Houston loss last year and his confidence in Dalton has been steadily declining ever since.  This is a fact.   If I was AJ and I wasn't getting the ball or when it was thrown to me, it was Daltoned (wobbly duck, inaccurate), I would be pissed too.  I just may not give 100% effort on every play because of this.   And get off that shit that AJ needs to "fight for balls more".  How about getting a decent pass?  

Even Tillman's INT in front of AJ was a bad read by Dalton as well.  AJ wasn't even expecting the ball to come because of the way Tillman lined up.  That should have tipped the QB that the ball shouldn't go there.  AJ read it perfectly, dumbo Dalton however, did not.   AJ wasn't expecting the pass because it shouldn't have come his way based on CB positioning. 

I've tried to give this douchebag a chance but I'm learning that he is going to always be the limitation, the hinderence to this offense as he is currently.   The rest of you all will realize soon enough.  But keep making excuses for him until then.   Remember, he's only in his 3rd year..................then next year, he will only be in his 4th year.  "Give him a break, he's only been in the league for 9 yrs!!!".  <-- 2018 Go-Bengals post from any one of about 7 people. 

What's he rank like 20th in yds / pass?  Passer rating down in teh 20s as well?   Dalton Mania!!!!!1  I feel so good about winning the big one this year! 

It's not his fault, he threw it as far as he could.  35 yds later, a pass interference call.  

what are you talking about?  The comment from AJ was made BEFORE Andy Dalton was ever drafted.  He was asked what QB in the draft he'd want to play with if it was his choice.  He said Dalton.

As for the Tillman part, Gruden disagrees with you.

what are you talking about?  The comment from AJ was made BEFORE Andy Dalton was ever drafted.  He was asked what QB in the draft he'd want to play with if it was his choice.  He said Dalton.

As for the Tillman part, Gruden disagrees with you.

Then AJ disagrees with Gruden.  So do a few ex NFL players.  But what do they know......

C'mon, Khat...you know AJ couldn't get Hayden out of his pants all day. You have eyes. If AJ was pissed, it was because that little shit was owning him...and mocking him as well.

Sure, Hayden always plays AJ well....since college, but at the same time there are plays that should be made and they aren't.  That's why I imagine it leads to the frustration.....you don't get many chances against professionals, so when you do have a chance at a play, you HAVE to make it.  I see AJ's frustration.   He needs to play better as well, completely agree and Hayden talking shit to him probably added to the already building frustration. 

Archived