Government Shutdown

Go Skins

Might as well start this thread.

Ran across this on Twitter:

http://www.capitalgazette.com/news/naval_academy/government-shutdown-could-put-navy-air-force-game-in-jeopardy/article_c1dbac7e-2361-57e1-bfc3-fa3096990864.html

This Saturday’s sold-out Navy-Air Force game in Annapolis could be in jeopardy.

Hours after the government shutdown Tuesday morning, officials from the Naval Academy Athletic Association and Air Force Academy Athletics

Department were not sure how it would impact the service academies’ football game at Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium. Kickoff is set for 11:30 a.m. and CBS is scheduled to broadcast the game.

Troy Garnhart, associate athletic director for Air Force, said there was a chance the game could not be played.

“It is a possibility,” Garnhart said.

Garnhart explained that upper-class cadets at the Air Force Academy are considered military personnel, which means they could be subject to travel restrictions under the shutdown.

Scott Strasemeier, Naval Academy associate athletic director, could not confirm Tuesday morning whether the game will take place.

The game is the first in a series of three sevice academy showdowns for the Commander-in-Chief’s Trophy.

Navy and Air Force athletics officials expected to know more later today. Follow the story on www.capitalgazette.com.

When you vote in people who hate government, this is the result you should expect.

If you voted for this minority that is holding the majority hostage. I sit here at home because I cant go to work today and say from the deepest place in my heart fuck you!!

I just don't get it. The funds for Obamacare were already allocated. The bill has already passed into law. That ship had already sailed. What is the purpose of this obstrucionist bullshit to allow the government to shut down? Free unpaid holidays for everyone?

http://www.cnn.com/2013/09/30/politics/shutdown-congress-staff-paid/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Washington (CNN) -- In an extended shutdown, most of the federal workforce would go without pay, but the checks will keep coming to the 533 current members of Congress.

"That is disgraceful in my view," said freshman Rep. Tulsi Gabbard, D-Hawaii, told CNN. "Basically the only people who get paid in a shutdown are members of Congress, and that is irresponsible."

Gabbard plans to send any pay she receives during a shutdown back to the Treasury. The combat veteran said she was shocked to find out recently that members' pay is protected.

It is -- by the Constitution.

The 27th Amendment to the Constitution restricts any Congress from changing its own pay. The measure was proposed in the first days of the Republic but was not ratified until 1992, after a grass-roots movement promoted the idea and the necessary number of state legislatures approved it.

While many may have wanted to restrain Congress from increasing its pay, the amendment also blocks Congress from freezing or cutting its compensation.

The result? Congress gets paid no matter what. Gabbard is not the only member surprised.

Let me reiterate, if you support the tea party, fuck you!

Exactly!  I said it in a post on another site, and it's apropo here as well, You wouldn't get a guy who hates meat to be a butcher, You wouldn't hire a salesperson who hates sales to sell, you wouldn't buy insurance from a guy who hates insurance, but for some reason you think it's okay to take people who Hate Government and elect them to government offices? 

BTW, I hope they settle this shit soon, so you can get back to work!

http://youtu.be/3zDT42rVcmY

In other words, "Hey Republicans, get your heads out of your fucking asses!"

I just don't get it. Listening to her, everything she says is logical and makes sense. And if what she is saying about the hangup with the Pubs and the ACA is over fucking birth control...BIRTH CONTROL!! In 2013! Jesus Christ there's no help for us. Stop electing these retards, people!

Archived