Josh Freeman Signs with the VIKINGS

If I were MB, I'd only sign him if he understands he's coming in to be the backup.  Realistically it would take him at least a month if not more to learn the offense to a point where he could be used in a game.  Based on how Andy finishes the season, there would be a competition for the job.  The only problem is with all of our injuries, there really isn't a spot for him, unless we cut Orson.

If I were MB, I'd only sign him if he understands he's coming in to be the backup.  Realistically it would take him at least a month if not more to learn the offense to a point where he could be used in a game.  Based on how Andy finishes the season, there would be a competition for the job.  The only problem is with all of our injuries, there really isn't a spot for him, unless we cut Orson.

that's why I don't see it happening.  I have little faith in Johnson, but they can't afford to carry a 3rd QB right now. 

...he's shown he can be a good qb in the NFL.

Not really. He was OK a couple years ago, but he's regressed AND he wants to start. Coming in behind a healthy guy who's taken his team to playoffs in his first two seasons and has a couple years left on his contract is probably not the most direct route to a starting gig.

Freeman was awesome for awhile last year.

He doesn't have to be better than Johnson or Dalton to make the team. I would certainly sign him. He has to be better and more valuable to this team now and in the future then who ever the 53 best guy is on the roster.

how does he not have to be better than the 2 QB's on the roster to make the roster?

No. Bengals' fans at the game I went to were screaming for Johnson to come into the game. I seriously just don't want to listen to people bitch and moan they Freeman should be the starter.

The Bucs apparently paid him money to go away. Why bring that here?

Archived