Article about Palmer

VonBlade

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/9842765/bill-barnwell-carson-palmer

I don't think the elbow was the problem. The moment his knee was shredded he was never the same. I also disagree that his career was out of his control. He's the holdout/quitter/retiring bag of suck.

But if we could take back the Kimo Dickbag hit...

That is the saddest thing I've ever read. 2005 Palmer is the best thing I have ever seen in a Bengals uniform.

I need to drink booze now.

What's sad is feeling sorry for some schmuck who quit on his team for reasons that are suspect at best & just so happened to become a multimillionaire in the process.  You'd think he was the first NFL player to have to deal with an injury to listen to this sob story. Boggles my mind that people want to make him some tragic figure. Where he is now is the result of his own decisions, and honestly where he happens to be isn't exactly a Cambodian refugee camp. Boo-fuckin-hoo.

NFL's least-liked players

1. Michael Vick (53 percent respondents expressed a dislike for the Eagles' QB)

2. Manti Te'o (48 percent) -- Turns out, fake girlfriends who die from fake cancer don't make for heartwarming underdog stories.

3. Ndamukong Suh (43 percent) -- He'll no doubt try to recapture the "most-disliked" title in 2014.

4. Ben Roethlisberger (40 percent) -- Myriad off-field issues from several years ago won't soon be forgotten.

5. Mark Sanchez (40 percent) -- Even when he's injured for the season people hate him.

6. Jay Cutler (33 percent) -- How can you hate this guy?

7. Tony Romo (32 percent) -- We don't care what anyone says, Romo is a Hall of Fame-caliber quarterback for 3.5 quarters.

8. Tom Brady (25 percent) -- He's married to a supermodel and she makes way more than he does. Of course guys hate him.

9. Carson Palmer (24 percent) -- We're skeptical Palmer's "awareness score" with the public reached 10 percent.

10. Reggie Bush (22 percent) -- Obviously Kim Kardashian's fault.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24117108/michael-vick-named-forbes-mostdisliked-nfl-player

Nah.   Chad Johnson from that period is the best out of that group of players.

Having a glorious WR doesn't have the same impact as having a glorious QB.  Bengals had the most magical QB in the entire league for a short period.  Then he got Kimo'd.

Having a glorious WR doesn't have the same impact as having a glorious QB.  Bengals had the most magical QB in the entire league for a short period.  Then he got Kimo'd.

Bullshit.   Your love affair with Carson proves the point.    Chad Johnson's impact was so great you fell in love with a run of the mill QB.

You have to admit...well at least I will...coming out of SC, very few this side of Peyton had so wowed the college game in the past decade. And he seemed to be the prototype elite QB in the making over that brief 04-05 period.

But if the knee was so bad...how does that explain '06? He looked even more impressive that year arguably than the prior.

Something just fell off for him. Sort of like the pitcher Steve Blass...one day (almost literally) he is the best in the game, the next he can't find the plate.

Not complicated.    Wasn't knee or elbow.    His supporting cast made him look like an elite QB.   That fell apart and Carson jumped ship before it could be rebuilt mainly because he didn't believe in the organization.

He robbed his legacy and a chance to prove he was the upper elite QB Bengal fans rushed to make him.

Why do people think he lost his shit after he got kimo'd.

He played great in 2006. It was 2007 when his elbow hot destroyed.

His elbow is his downfall. Noodle arm = INTS.

There is an epic thread from that time frame about his elbow here somewhere.  Basically, half the board thought he should get the surgery and the other half said he should not.

Half of us was Right!

Archived