You know who you are...

As I watched the game, I followed the game thread here.  It was painful.

I swear, if I wasn't watching the game, I'd have thought the Bengals got beat by 4 touchdowns.

There were a whole host of "fans" that...

1.  Screamed bloody murder when Andy Dalton missed two deep balls while watching Matthew Stafford miss half a dozen...

2.  Called Mike Nugent everything but a child of God...

and/or

3.  Talked cash shit about a defense that hadn't allowed a 300 yard passer in 2 years.

THIS... is for you...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eGJOqMHsDI

As I watched the game, I followed the game thread here.  It was painful.

I swear, if I wasn't watching the game, I'd have thought the Bengals got beat by 4 touchdowns.

There were a whole host of "fans" that...

1.  Screamed bloody murder when Andy Dalton missed two deep balls while watching Matthew Stafford miss half a dozen...

2.  Called Mike Nugent everything but a child of God...

and/or

3.  Talked cash shit about a defense that hadn't allowed a 300 yard passer in 2 years.

THIS... is for you...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eGJOqMHsDI

This is why I haven't followed a game day thread in a looooong time.  My enjoyment has gone up a lot.

Face it folks, Dalton carried us this game.  Wrap your mind around that how you will.

This is why I haven't followed a game day thread in a looooong time.  My enjoyment has gone up a lot.

Face it folks, Dalton carried us this game.  Wrap your mind around that how you will.

Dalton played great, probably his best game of the season.  He made great reads all game and generally made some great throws.  Let's not act like everything was perfect, but if he plays like that every week we can go far in the playoffs. 

I make game threads and then run like the wind. 

I got tired off trying to talk people of the ledge and telling them just enjoy the ride. 

yea I do my best to avoid them. I try to avoid the entire site during games.  Too many snap reactions.  Natural if you're watching the game, a little overboard to actually type them out and hit send.

yea I do my best to avoid them. I try to avoid the entire site during games.  Too many snap reactions.  Natural if you're watching the game, a little overboard to actually type them out and hit send.

Same here. I pop in a few times, but the game day thread is like getting a root canal.

I post in them, but rarely read them.

I'll jump through them after the game to watch ebb and flow of emotion. Dalton has a fantastic game. Hard to pick at. However, the missed two deep balls came on same drive that would have been huge. Not defending whatever mud was slung but would have been huge plays.

I view the game day thread as therapeutic. it has the same feel of me and my buddies at a bar bitching about the Bengals. As you say it's all snap reactions but if you don't take the thread too seriously and come in knowing that it's more fun then anything else.

With that said it would be tough to watch that game and say that Andy Dalton's lack of arm strength isn't an issue. Also our secondary isn't that great and I can't remember a time in recent memory that guarding RBs and TEs wasn't a concern.

I think it comes down to how serious you take that thread. I love going in there and venting when I don't have my friends around to vent to.

AVERAGE ANDY(as I refer to him) payed a great game today. PERIOD! Nugget is a very solid kicker who made a huge game winning kick today. It's not always going to be peaches and cream, but im pumped to ride and die with this group. Whodey!

God forbid Andy Dalton misses a pass!!!! he's terrible!!!! fire everybody!!!! wait...we won?

LOL

Its not that he just missed a pass its that he missed a pass in an area that he has consistently had issues with and underthrew Green fairly badly three times. Lets not be disengenous about this.

I think we should start doing a Good, Bad and Ugly, game day thread edition. Start exposing these mofos. Everybody gets annoyed at stuff when its happening, but some folk are just way over the top. I absolutely hate when people say how the game is over already 3 minutes into the game when the other team picks up 4 yards.

Otherwise, its kinda amusing. 

I think we should start doing a Good, Bad and Ugly, game day thread edition. Start exposing these mofos. Everybody gets annoyed at stuff when its happening, but some folk are just way over the top. I absolutely hate when people say how the game is over already 3 minutes into the game when the other team picks up 4 yards.

I'm an OSU fan and the Buckeye message board I frequent usually has a "game day thread lowlights" post the day after the game. Usually it is full of people calling for the heads of assistant coaches.

I think game day threads for all teams are exactly like that. Full of over the top emotional reactions. It is what it is.

I don't participate but I am sure I would type crazy stuff in the heat of the moment if I did. I definitely would have had some unfriendly comments to direct towards Jermaine Gresham today...

Lmao

I'm an OSU fan and the Buckeye message board I frequent usually has a "game day thread lowlights" post the day after the game. Usually it is full of people calling for the heads of assistant coaches.

I think game day threads for all teams are exactly like that. Full of over the top emotional reactions. It is what it is.

I don't participate but I am sure I would type crazy stuff in the heat of the moment if I did. I definitely would have had some unfriendly comments to direct towards Jermaine Gresham today...

All season long, I'm ready to cut him.

Not extend him at the very least...

Its not that he just missed a pass its that he missed a pass in an area that he has consistently had issues with and underthrew Green fairly badly three times. Lets not be disengenous about this.

Jesus Christ.

Our defense can't get off the field at third down and infinity the whole game, gives up TDs with triple coverage and we have to even consider talking about the faults of the QB that WON THE GAME FOR US.

Archived