You know who you are...

So, we are 5-2, in first place by 2 games, and the 2 seed currently, with wins over the Patriots and Packers, and people are bitching about our QB who has posted back to back games with over 300 yards, 3 TDs, and ratings over 100, because one aspect of his game is not as pretty as guy who just quit on this team 3 years ago.

Really?

So, we are 5-2, in first place by 2 games, and the 2 seed currently, with wins over the Patriots and Packers, and people are bitching about our QB who has posted back to back games with over 300 yards, 3 TDs, and ratings over 100, because one aspect of his game is not as pretty as guy who just quit on this team 3 years ago.

Really?

I'm with you. Another win, 5-2, #2 seed....why all the doom & gloom? Dalton, regardless his shortcomings or not, is a winner! He has been for 2 seasons and this season is no different. I'll take that every Sunday, yes sir!
Who Dey!!

I post on the game day threads when I can and read almost all of them.   I think a poster said it well, it's like sitting at a bar with your friends and venting in the heat of the moment.   I vented plenty with 3rd and long conversions, stupid penalties.   Most are like this.  About the only overboard posts were about the Brown/Nugent debate and if you read to the end, most of the vitriolic posters were apologetic and called themselves out.  

If you take the friends in the bar approach, I find it enjoyable and therapeutic to see if others are thinking what I'm thinking.  It's entertaining many times to read the "out there" comments, but take them in context and they aren't that annoying.

Yep. My wife and dog don't really care how frustrated I am looking at Marvin's stoic/bewildered face on the sideline when he is deciding whether or not to take a 3rd Qtr timeout or challenge a play. Only my friends and you guys in here understand that frustration.

Yep. My wife and dog don't really care how frustrated I am looking at Marvin's stoic/bewildered face on the sideline when he is deciding whether or not to take a 3rd Qtr timeout or challenge a play. Only my friends and you guys in here understand that frustration.

We should have a Go-Bengals bar event and watch the game together. We can all yell at each other and get all the negative emotions out and make the message board a better place!

I post on the game day threads when I can and read almost all of them.   I think a poster said it well, it's like sitting at a bar with your friends and venting in the heat of the moment.   I vented plenty with 3rd and long conversions, stupid penalties.   Most are like this.  About the only overboard posts were about the Brown/Nugent debate and if you read to the end, most of the vitriolic posters were apologetic and called themselves out.  

If you take the friends in the bar approach, I find it enjoyable and therapeutic to see if others are thinking what I'm thinking.  It's entertaining many times to read the "out there" comments, but take them in context and they aren't that annoying.

This

So now Marvin's challenge to end a Detroit drive is a bad thing? 

We should have a Go-Bengals bar event and watch the game together. We can all yell at each other and get all the negative emotions out and make the message board a better place!

:lol:

Who wants to bring their laptop to the bar so I can Skype?

Really?

That's the one thing I always said about Carson, I couldn't give a flying rats ass if he has a 4,000-5,000 yard season. The only yard that matters is the one that crosses that goal line. I'll take Andy getting us into the end zone with less finesse than I would Carson's acrobatics that never go anywhere.

MULLY

I bet by the time Andy gets to where Carson was with this team he'll have more wins under his belt

Really?

Some folks will bitch that Dalton choked up too much on the Lombardi as he hoisted it triumphantly in New York...

I view the game day thread as therapeutic. it has the same feel of me and my buddies at a bar bitching about the Bengals. As you say it's all snap reactions but if you don't take the thread too seriously and come in knowing that it's more fun then anything else.

With that said it would be tough to watch that game and say that Andy Dalton's lack of arm strength isn't an issue. Also our secondary isn't that great and I can't remember a time in recent memory that guarding RBs and TEs wasn't a concern.

I think it comes down to how serious you take that thread. I love going in there and venting when I don't have my friends around to vent to.

Pretty much this. In hindsight of course it seems ridiculous. But it's a way we can go full retard with a bunch of other like minded individuals. Lol just stay out if it's that big of a deal

That's the one thing I always said about Carson, I couldn't give a flying rats ass if he has a 4,000-5,000 yard season. The only yard that matters is the one that crosses that goal line. I'll take Andy getting us into the end zone with less finesse than I would Carson's acrobatics that never go anywhere.

MULLY

I bet by the time Andy gets to where Carson was with this team he'll have more wins under his belt

Andy's already played in as many playoff games and taken way more playoff snaps than CP. Almost positive he has a better W-L record than CP as well. CP has more division titles (2), highest wins in a season (11 to 10), and Pro Bowl appearances (2 plus an MVP). 

If you compared their careers straight up through 2.5 years AD has had a better one, and I'd bet my hat by the end of his Bengals run, we'll all look back at the Dalton era as FAR better than the CP era.

MULLY

Andt had nine more wins in his first year, and four or five more in his second year...and has nearly half of what Carson had in his third year right now.

Jesus Christ.

Our defense can't get off the field at third down and infinity the whole game, gives up TDs with triple coverage and we have to even consider talking about the faults of the QB that WON THE GAME FOR US.

I have to say it's not an illegitmate gripe. He's not wrong. Dalton DID underthrow Green on more than one occasion. The first TD was the most obvious. It was lucky that the Lions DB bit on the double move like he did. You know me, I'm no Dalton hater but that play was a CLEAR example of his arm strength limitation. If Green was hit in stride it was an automatic TD. Like the other deep ball to Green...had THAT been in stride he would have scored when he did not. Let's not put lipstick on the pig here. Green continually has to come back on his routes to get the ball when he should be continuing down field. It's not rocket science, anyone can see it.

Where I differ from the Dalton haters is that I've recognized that limitation (and please guys, it IS a limitation) all along and I didn't care anyway. Dalton plays to WIN, he's a WINNER, and before anyone castigates me and makes the Tebow comparison, the fact of the matter is that Andy Dalton CAN make all the other throws ACCURATELY. His one downfall doesn't doom the team. He's a LEADER, much more than the holy number 9 ever was, with his big ass and arm. I like what we have now. Dalton WILLS the team to success. Yes, I wish he could put up monster stats and TD numbers but....THAT IS NOT HIS GAME AND IT NEVER HAS BEEN NOR WILL IT EVER BE.

Have to take the good with the bad, Dalton is not perfect, but he had a QB rating of over 135 and we are 5-2. I'll take it. Keep winning, team.

Well when people spend 20 posts complaining about the style of an 82 yard TD pass, that is a reasonable inference about what they expect.

2 or 3 TDs come to mind where Chad Johnson had to stop or slow down on bombs from Palmer and nobody has ever debated his arm strength. An underthrow can be a timing problem and doesn't mean that he can't get it there.  Why would AJ run a route that long if he doesn't think Dalton could get it there? 

2 or 3 TDs come to mind where Chad Johnson had to stop or slow down on bombs from Palmer and nobody has ever debated his arm strength. An underthrow can be a timing problem and doesn't mean that he can't get it there.  Why would AJ run a route that long if he doesn't think Dalton could get it there? 

Carson's arm strength was never an issue until after his elbow injury.  It's pretty well know Dalton doesn't have the strongest arm, but that shouldn't stop him from being an effective QB.  At the end of last year and the beginning of this year I was questioning if he could take that next jump.  I've still got some questions, but he's playing a lot better.  I'd like for the offense to play better against the defenses in our division, but overall this year I'm generally happy with how the offense, and Andy in particular, have played.

As I watched the game, I followed the game thread here.  It was painful.

I swear, if I wasn't watching the game, I'd have thought the Bengals got beat by 4 touchdowns.

There were a whole host of "fans" that...

1.  Screamed bloody murder when Andy Dalton missed two deep balls while watching Matthew Stafford miss half a dozen...

2.  Called Mike Nugent everything but a child of God...

and/or

3.  Talked cash shit about a defense that hadn't allowed a 300 yard passer in 2 years.

THIS... is for you...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eGJOqMHsDI

Wow, after being a member for so long, I'm surprised that this is the first game thread you've followed.

MULLY

8-8 / 11-5 / 8-8 right? I am not sure if I remember correctly. I think I am right on the two, but not sure if we went 9-7 or 8-8 in his 3rd year.

9-7 / 10-6 / 11-5 (possible finish). Dalton is only three wins away from tying Carson for his first three seasons. I have no doubt that he will surpass Carson.

Archived