You know who you are...

8-8 / 11-5 / 8-8 right? I am not sure if I remember correctly. I think I am right on the two, but not sure if we went 9-7 or 8-8 in his 3rd year.

9-7 / 10-6 / 11-5 (possible finish). Dalton is only three wins away from tying Carson for his first three seasons. I have no doubt that he will surpass Carson.

I think Carson was out injured for two or three of the wins in his first active year (2004)

8-8 / 11-5 / 8-8 right? I am not sure if I remember correctly. I think I am right on the two, but not sure if we went 9-7 or 8-8 in his 3rd year.

9-7 / 10-6 / 11-5 (possible finish). Dalton is only three wins away from tying Carson for his first three seasons. I have no doubt that he will surpass Carson.

I don't understand why Dalton and Palmer's success is always compared.

Palmer had success in spite of his horrific defense. Dalton has success in part because of the excellent Bengals defense.

Palmer had success in spite of his horrific defense. Dalton has success in part because of the excellent Bengals defense.

True enough, but the Carson also dropped into a much better offensive situation - veteran line, WR, etc.  The parts of Dalton's offense were much more unready and have grown with him.  And to say Carson's D was horrible was an exaggeration - the turnovers that 2005 D generated were a great help.

Because QBs are measured by wins. 

Why else would Terry Bradshaw be in the Hall of Fame?

My suggestion: if you want to see some real top notch fan bitching and groaning...go to the Stoolers or Raven's fansites and watch them impload week to week for the rest of the season.  That way you can see some real negativity in a positive light.  Being around both fan bases at my workplace, I have been really enjoying watching both team's fans suffer and meltdown like a bunch of 4 year olds every week.  Does that make me a football sadist? 

So he wouldn't have been the only one able to catch it if he had put it deeper then the DB Green had already beaten? I;m not following on this one.

then you need to rewind to the ones he threw too long that green couldn't get to. it seems to me he's learning from those mistakes and giving green a chance with a ball that's completely catchable. perhaps, obviously to your chagrin, his coaches have advised him this way? perhaps he made the adjustment himself, after all the heat he took for the one that could have won the playoff game against houston. in that situation the completion's a helluva lot more important than the TD, and with AJ the TD is always a possibility thereafter.

then you need to rewind to the ones he threw too long that green couldn't get to. it seems to me he's learning from those mistakes and giving green a chance with a ball that's completely catchable. perhaps, obviously to your chagrin, his coaches have advised him this way? perhaps he made the adjustment himself, after all the heat he took for the one that could have won the playoff game against houston. in that situation the completion's a helluva lot more important than the TD, and with AJ the TD is always a possibility thereafter.

and while Dalton needs to do a better job, AJ Green needs to take some lessons from Tyler Eifert on how to properly track the ball in the air, which has been an issue a couple times this year (particularly the one down the middle AJ should have been able to come back to).  

Not getting into the whole Dalton throwing deep crap.    Just sayin  I've heard many o' times through the years watching pro and/or college it's much better to under throw a deep pass vs. overthrow.

The rational has always been  it's gives your target a chance to make the play.   The defense back is always almost at a disadvantage finding the ball.    Forces action that gets called PI when coming back for it.

and while Dalton needs to do a better job, AJ Green needs to take some lessons from Tyler Eifert on how to properly track the ball in the air, which has been an issue a couple times this year (particularly the one down the middle AJ should have been able to come back to).  

Also, he has been known to get too close to the sidelines, in turn not narrowing the window in which Andy has to throw it in....

Archived