PC Gamers

B.A.B.

Built my first rig last night. Spent a good deal of cash but hopefully won't have to upgrade for a while. Should run anything out now and coming out in the near future on max settings. What are e playing on PC though? I just re bought Infinite on PC cause I wanna see how pretty it can be and because it was only 13 bucks. Got Borderlands 2 also.

I don't think I've bought anything new since Skyrim and Diablo III. I love the Total War series and saw where Rome II has been out for a month or so, I might get that.

I've been off the WoW additction for about a year and a half now and I'm a better person for it.

Borderlands 2 & started playing TF2 again some..  Fallout New Vegas was pretty good.  Tropico is cool, that's like a twisted version of Sim City run by a banana republic despot.   DayZ should be nice when & if it's ever released.  Kerbal Space Program looks fun but I haven't checked it out yet. Yankee Air Pirate is a cool mod for Wings over Vietnam if you're into flight sims. There's also a mod called Grey Wolves for Silent Hunter 3 which is an older game as well but also should look pretty nice on a new system, if you're into sub (u-boat in this case) sims.

First of all, you can't give a shout out to the PC gamers here about your new rig without posting it's specs, man!

As for games, I haven't bought any new ones lately, but I sure as shit am getting Battlefield 4 when it comes out. The Battlefield series of games are AWESOME on a decked out PC.

If you really want to benchmark your rig's performance, pick up a cheap copy of the original Crysis and run that at full everything and see what kind of frame rate you get. The game is fun as hell, too.

Battlefield series were fun - played the crap out of the Desert Combat mod - but what fucked them up is everybody hanging around the airfields waiting for planes & helos to spawn.  Red Orchestra didn't have aircraft but they had a system where you had to be a "Tanker" class to drive them & each team only got so many tanker spots depending on the # available on each map. Ditto for snipers, mg's, & all the other non-rifleman classes. Consequently the teamwork in MP was better on average than anything before or since.

Haha rookie mistake. My bad. Here's what I got:

Case: Fractal Core 3000 ATX

Motherboard: ASROCK Z87-EXTREME4 ATX LGA 1150

CPU:Intel i7-4770K

Graphics Card: MSI R9 280x

SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 128 GB

HD: WD Blue 1 TB

Ram: 8 GB Crucial 1600

CPU Fan: Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo

PSU: EVGA 750B 750W

Also got a pretty nice monitor and a DVD drive.

Really digging this though. Happy I finally got into PC gaming. Building it by myself for the first time with just tutorials and minor previous know-how was kinda a bitch, but mainly just the fucking cooler fan. I dunno why but the brackets that you use to mount it over the top of the CPU were really giving me a shitty ass time. But still I feel so accomplished with it sitting there ever so silent. :)

Bout to load up Bioshock Infinite and see how good this shit looks.

I had an issue going on. Had to re-install Steam and re-install the games. Took forever, but its working flawlessly now. Bioshock fucking Infinite is goddamn gawgeous.

I told you it was. Try tweaking your settings too. You may be able to wrench more detail out of your PC yet.

I told you it was. Try tweaking your settings too. You may be able to wrench more detail out of your PC yet.

Think I got everything as high as you can put it. Not so much as a hiccup. Now running KOTOR, on the other hand, had to enable vsync to prevent one fuck up from happening. So happy I can play this shit again though. Bioshock Infinite was 13. Borderlands 2 was 10. Mass Effect Trilogy was 13 and KOTOR was 10. Not a bad start. Battlefield 4 drops Tuesday, bro. You getting it?

Think I got everything as high as you can put it. Not so much as a hiccup. Now running KOTOR, on the other hand, had to enable vsync to prevent one fuck up from happening. So happy I can play this shit again though. Bioshock Infinite was 13. Borderlands 2 was 10. Mass Effect Trilogy was 13 and KOTOR was 10. Not a bad start. Battlefield 4 drops Tuesday, bro. You getting it?

I probably will but not right away. My rig is old. The only thing keeping it going when I max it out playing games is taking the side off the case and placing a powerful fan there to cool my ancient processor, and my semi-recent video card upgrade.

PC Gaming is Retarded :P

Console is where it's at. PC just reminds me of A-Tracks! Who really wants to sit on a chair at a desk playing games?

I know that console systems are better in graphics and all that shit but I just can't do it. Gimme an Xbox controller or a PS controller instead.

PC Gaming is Retarded :P

Console is where it's at. PC just reminds me of A-Tracks! Who really wants to sit on a chair at a desk playing games?

I know that console systems are better in graphics and all that shit but I just can't do it. Gimme an Xbox controller or a PS controller instead.

My computer has hdmi out and I play everything besides shooters with my 360 controller on the tv. Just plug the controller in. It's not rocket science lol

My computer has hdmi out and I play everything besides shooters with my 360 controller on the tv. Just plug the controller in. It's not rocket science lol

What if your computer is in an office, and your main TV is in the living room, and you want a nice clean setup? Pain in the ass. My PC is in the sitting room in my bedroom, I could run an HDMI cable through the basement and through the wall behind the TV in my living room, but that sucks. And if I did that, how to I ensure the controller can talk to the PC?

And I don't know how things are nowadays, but back when I did a lot of PC gaming, each game had to be setup to use the various controllers that were available, and I don't have time to tweak all of the settings on games designed for a keyboard and mouse to work properly on a controller.

What if your computer is in an office, and your main TV is in the living room, and you want a nice clean setup? Pain in the ass. My PC is in the sitting room in my bedroom, I could run an HDMI cable through the basement and through the wall behind the TV in my living room, but that sucks. And if I did that, how to I ensure the controller can talk to the PC?

And I don't know how things are nowadays, but back when I did a lot of PC gaming, each game had to be setup to use the various controllers that were available, and I don't have time to tweak all of the settings on games designed for a keyboard and mouse to work properly on a controller.

didnt you know everyone lives in a one bedroom apartment or in their parents house still, lolzzerz

Setting up a PC to play games on a modern TV is ridiculously easy. Console games are inherently inferior from the hardware to the way the listening server lobbies are set up. You can use console controllers on your PC, it isn't complicated. The advantage consoles have is more immediacy in playing, and in my mind they are much more fun for sports games (especially since so many big sports titles aren't ported to PC). 

But, games like Skyrim, Bioshock, Fallout, Battlefield, COD, etc are infinitely superior in every way to consoles...IF you have a decent rig to run them. 

Sounds like a personal problem lol.

And nah, in regards to the controller thing, everything's pretty much plug n play with 360 controllers nowadays

Sounds like a personal problem lol.

And nah, in regards to the controller thing, everything's pretty much plug n play with 360 controllers nowadays

How do you make an Xbox controller reliably function with a PC on the other side of the house? Run a really long USB cable with an Xbox controller receiver on the other end? Or are you stuck with a corded controller?

Archived