PC Gamers

B.A.B.

How do you make an Xbox controller reliably function with a PC on the other side of the house? Run a really long USB cable with an Xbox controller receiver on the other end? Or are you stuck with a corded controller?

Your location has been noted, as well as your disagreement with Microsoft products. A "representative" will be along shortly to address your "needs". Harshly.

For those who want their computer hooked up to the TV, Steam is working on revolutionizing the entire gaming community. Check out Steam Box, Big Picture, etc. In a few years, XBox and PS will be going the way of Blockbuster, unless of course, they watch what Steam is doing and copy.

For those who want their computer hooked up to the TV, Steam is working on revolutionizing the entire gaming community. Check out Steam Box, Big Picture, etc. In a few years, XBox and PS will be going the way of Blockbuster, unless of course, they watch what Steam is doing and copy.

not exactly...

like bungholes assumption of how many pc owners are PC gamers(i said 3%), the amount of console users who would care about the steam machine is easily less than half.. there is a HUGE market of console users who simply dick around with madden and nba and mlb games now and then... who wouldnt buy the steam machine if it were $99....

im not saying it isnt fucking awesome and will be something a certain percentage of the gaming community will line up for days for...

IMO

On the Steam Machine, whether bought from them, or put together by someone, or just a PC they bought, they will be able to download said NFL, NBA or MLB game. Steam is kind of like the Netflix model. Once they get this up and rolling with big titles like Madden, I can see it doing a lot of damage, if they go that way. They do dive into many different kinds of games right now, from indy to RTS to shooters.

Maybe I'm overly optimistic. Only time will tell.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/07/14/pc-gaming-is-so-dead-that-63-of-american-gamers-game-on-pc-beating-smartphones-and-handhelds/

Not exactly the same question but if you eliminate business machines 3% still sounds way low

yea the context was of the whole population. we were discussing macs and PC gaming, and i was talking about how apple and most companies target is trying to target the vast majority of the worlds population, in talking about high end video cards, ram, and the ability to upgrade, i was saying apple gives no fucks about the PC gaming community in general, and my reasoning was the group of PC gamers who require and desire the high end and customizability and upgradability is like 3% where is a low end mac will last grandma or 5 yr old kid or college kid many years and is reasonable price, and high end mac is a dabolical media machine, especailly the new mac pro...  but in general it was referring to what % of the entire worlds computer using folks are hard core PC heavy gamers who need such customizability...

What I got from their numbers is that consoles aren't cutting into PC gaming nearly as much as people expected.   I like that the PC gaming community has become more vocal, it's shown there's a market for good indie games (Minecraft, KSP, etc) and I'm starting to see more "hardcore" stuff again like simulators & strategy games. Those almost disappeared for a while.

I'd also say the PC gaming community gives no fucks about Apple.  I do think they should be paying taxes, though.  Also, this wouldn't be complete without an added OMFG HIPSTERS CLEAN YOUR iBEARD.

What I got from their numbers is that consoles aren't cutting into PC gaming nearly as much as people expected.   I like that the PC gaming community has become more vocal, it's shown there's a market for good indie games (Minecraft, KSP, etc) and I'm starting to see more "hardcore" stuff again like simulators & strategy games. Those almost disappeared for a while.

I'd also say the PC gaming community gives no fucks about Apple.  I do think they should be paying taxes, though.  Also, this wouldn't be complete without an added OMFG HIPSTERS CLEAN YOUR iBEARD.

ironically as a read that i was pulling lint from my new awesome beard..

but i agree, pc gaming and macs arent pals and hate eachother, two different worlds kinda...

i think console and pc gaming is as well. 

sidenote i think hipsters like samsung now, not apple, all the hipsters i know think its super cool to mock the iSheep and rave about how awesome samsung android phones are... they still buy the computers though...

ironically as a read that i was pulling lint from my new awesome beard..

but i agree, pc gaming and macs arent pals and hate eachother, two different worlds kinda...

i think console and pc gaming is as well. 

sidenote i think hipsters like samsung now, not apple, all the hipsters i know think its super cool to mock the iSheep and rave about how awesome samsung android phones are... they still buy the computers though...

Apple must be too mainstream

Archived