Incognito, holy shit

BengalBacker

Incognito is a world-class moron, lunkhead idiot. But what it looks like is that Martin couldn't handle it. Its a double edged sword here, especially if Miami coaches encouraged Incognito with his bullshit. Nobody wins here. Martin looks like a soft faggot, Incognito looks like he was correct about Martin even though his behavior was utterly reprehensible, and the Miami coaches are left holding the bag. This team is going to implode. And WE LOST TO THESE DOUCHEBAGS!

Ugh. Okay, better now. Beat The Ratbirds, everything will be okay...

I don't think it was all about race.

Rather, I think the root of all of this stems from Martin's reputation as being too soft, too intellectual, and by some accounts....a homosexual. Ugly racists remarks were just one of disgusting tools Ingognito used in an attempt to either toughen up Martin or failing that....break him. And there's the rub because if Incognito's ultimate goal was to toughen up Martin then I can very easily imagine Incognito's actions being unofficially sanctioned by the coaching staff and the front office, both of whom were made aware of Martin's complaints during his rookie season. The fact that neither did anything to stop Incognito's actions lends credence to claims that this type of bullying of young players who are deemed too soft is not only tolerated by some coaching staffs, but sometimes seen as a sign of player based lockerroom leadership....thereby helping to explain why black teammates not only did nothing to stop Incognito, but actually supported him during the lunchroom prank that proved to be Martin's breaking point. Further, it's no longer difficult to understand why that type of prank might have broken Martin since it's now clear that he had been isolated, abused, and had no place to take his complaints.

Bumpity bumpity bump.

Because sometimes it feels good to say I told ya' so.

Bumpity bumpity bump.

Because sometimes it feels good to say I told ya' so.

you were absolutely correct +1

now instead of saying fuck incognito(even though he is a total piece of shit, always has been).. I say fuck him and everyone else involved with that shit...

It looks like at least one player shares my view on this.  The first thing I thought before Incognito came into play was what a pussy Martin is. Now that I know more, i'm thinking that Incognito is a dick, but still what a big pussy Martin is.  He's a very large grown man acting like a big fucking baby. Is anybody going to want this guy if he plays again?  All of this nanny state bully control can be helpful to an extent, but the bully-ee needs to be tought how to deal with it. There's not always going to be a principal, a teacher, an organization to report the bully to.  It's tricky that when a person fights back, he's usually the one that gets in trouble for retaliating. If somebody pulls an asshole move, cuts you off on the road, does something uinconsiderate, the person that responds is the asshole, he needs to lighten up. But that shouldn't stop you from defending yourself. The person being bullied isn't always going to have somebody help them when they are bullied ranging from subtle bullying where somebody goes behind your back to fuck you over to somebody physically getting in your face. The bully is wrong, but the victim is responsible for figuring out a way to stop that shit. Rolle is spot on here IMHO:

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/9931466/antrel-rolle-new-york-giants-says-jonathan-martin-stood-in-miami-dolphins-harassment-case

Seems to me the options were to beat Incognito with a baseball bat or walk away. Dude was being a relentless punk, the rest of the position group had his back, and the coaching staff was orchestrating the whole thing. If no one would blame Martin for beating Incognito into a bloody pulp, I think it's weird that people would blame him for walking away.

Seems to me the options were to beat Incognito with a baseball bat or walk away. Dude was being a relentless punk, the rest of the position group had his back, and the coaching staff was orchestrating the whole thing. If no one would blame Martin for beating Incognito into a bloody pulp, I think it's weird that people would blame him for walking away.

That post doesn't make any sense. 

All of this nanny state bully control can be helpful to an extent, but the bully-ee needs to be tought how to deal with it. There's not always going to be a principal, a teacher, an organization to report the bully to. 

Totally. So we should definitely let kids have guns in school so that they can stand up for themselves.

Hell, while we're at it, why don't we even write a law that allows that kid to go pick a fight with the bully, and then shoot him dead the moment the bully tries to retaliate. 

We won't be nannies then! We'll be tough guys...

Wow, you guys go to extremes much? That's exactly what I meant by dealing with bullies is killing them. Is that really how you think? Do violent thoughts really pour out like that? Your response is parallel to people thinking that whomever yells the loudest wins the argument. At least you didn't call me a racist yet since the bullied in this case is black. Or was that next?  I know I struck a nerve with the flavor of the month cause, but you guys are amazing.

That post doesn't make any sense. 

yes it does.

It seems you are being internet tough guy..but what is wrong with him walking away?

He had nobody to go to and had a roid raged, crazy insane, racist asshole in his shit all the time.. And it seems the coaches sicked the animal on to him...

I would like to see Rolle "be a man" and stand up to that dude, that's laughable.... Ingognito would beat his head in...

They are in Florida though...stand your ground Martin

yes it does.

It seems you are being internet tough guy..but what is wrong with him walking away?

He had nobody to go to and had a roid raged, crazy insane, racist asshole in his shit all the time.. And it seems the coaches sicked the animal on to him...

I would like to see Rolle "be a man" and stand up to that dude, that's laughable.... Ingognito would beat his head in...

They are in Florida though...stand your ground Martin

It's not just Rolle. There's a bunch of players questioning Martin's decision. He could've gone to the Dolphins organization and talked about it. Then went to the League.  If this was the Bengals, you guys would've probably been on Martin for walking away and not figuring out a way to keep it in house.

It would make a ton of sense, if you had any.

Based on your post history, you really don't want to get in an argument over who has any sense. I'm not sure why I don't have you on ignore like a bunch of the other members. Now that doesn't make any sense.

But thanks for your valuable input. You make a strong argument.

It's not just Rolle. There's a bunch of players questioning Martin's decision. He could've gone to the Dolphins organization and talked about it. Then went to the League.  If this was the Bengals, you guys would've probably been on Martin for walking away and not figuring out a way to keep it in house.

Well since the coaches sicked Incognito on to him, he probably thought the Dolphins organization wasn't a good place to go to, He is a young man and probably really didn't know what to do. It's too bad that  he didn't have someone he could go to though. 

And to the last part... only if we find out that Incognito threw trash on his lawn....

How so? I'm just echoing what a lot of players are saying. 

Sorry.. just the whole "he should just kick Incognitos ass" thing really gets on my nerves. That dude is an insane monster, I would like to see what all of these NFL players saying they would kick his ass really be in that situation.

Sorry.. just the whole "he should just kick Incognitos ass" thing really gets on my nerves. That dude is an insane monster, I would like to see what all of these NFL players saying they would kick his ass really be in that situation.

I'm not saying that he should do that or hit him with a bat or shoot him. He could just stand up to him. Everybody's making Incognito out to be this huge, invincible beast. If that's the case, the Bengals should get him. Since all of a sudden, he's a bad ass that nobody wants to fuck with.

And as far as your other post about him not knowing where to go with a problem, he should know. They went to orientation to learn that. What is the Players Union for? He had a couple options. And I think as far as the whole organization out to get him, i think you've seen too many Oliver Stone movies.

I'm not saying that he should do that or hit him with a bat or shoot him. He could just stand up to him. Everybody's making Incognito out to be this huge, invincible beast. If that's the case, the Bengals should get him. Since all of a sudden, he's a bad ass that nobody wants to fuck with.

And as far as your other post about him not knowing where to go with a problem, he should know. They went to orientation to learn that. What is the Players Union for? He had a couple options. And I think as far as the whole organization out to get him, i think you've seen too many Oliver Stone movies.

I really don't know how the Players Union works. Apparently you do, so I will say let's agree to disagree.

You opinion on the matter probably isn't changing and unless more things come out about this...mine probably isn't either.

I like Oliver Stone movies..

I really don't know how the Players Union works. Apparently you do, so I will say let's agree to disagree.

You opinion on the matter probably isn't changing and unless more things come out about this...mine probably isn't either.

I like Oliver Stone movies..

Fair enough. But I don't think that I implied that I know anything about the union, just was wondering if that's an option.

Incognito is or was being prescribed Paxil, an anti-depressant and anti-anxiety drug.  Incognito received life lessons from Rickie Williams.  Incognito was bullied himself when he first moved to Arizona. 

Incognito's father was a mean SOB in his day and apparently has not lost any of his charm in recent days.  Incognito's father was the one who encouraged him to beat the shit out of the bully who bullied Incognito in school.

Incognito did in fact play defense in High School ( This is not implying he can play DT....  )

All of the above does not excuse what he did or what his father did but there usually is another side to every story.

Based on your post history, you really don't want to get in an argument over who has any sense. I'm not sure why I don't have you on ignore like a bunch of the other members. Now that doesn't make any sense.

But thanks for your valuable input. You make a strong argument.

My guess is that we are on opposite sides of that argument, as well.  You should probably have me on ignore, and I think I will put you back on ignore. 

Archived