'Jagged Little Pill' Is Headed to Broadway

Go Skins

http://www.hollywood.com/news/celebrities/55040897/you-oughta-know-that-jagged-little-pill-is-headed-to-broadway

It's official! That angsty (and awesome) music phase you went through in the 90's will now serve you well in any future small talk/pop culture discussions you have. Basically, this is my long-winded and overly-excited way of saying that Alanis Morissette's 1995 Grammy winning album, Jagged Little Pill, is now being developed for a Broadway musical!

According to the press release, the musical will feature the entire track list from Jagged Little Pill as well as other popular Morissette songs and a few original ones that are being created for the show. Morissette will be involved in the development of the as-of-now-untitled musical, and released a statement saying, "I look forward to taking the heart of Jagged Little Pill and expanding its story, fleshing it out into ever deeper layers of emotionality, specificity, humanity, power, physicality, spirit and fabulism."

Back in the day about when Jagged Little Pill had come out, I dumped my college girlfriend of four years and started dating the woman who was at-the-time my future ex-wife. 

My sisters (both younger) were bent out of shape mainly because old g/f was chubby (like them) and new g/f was slim.  I hadn't told them about old g/f cheating on me with my best friend since it wasn't any of their business.

Long story short, new g/f comes over to help move some stuff and my sisters play "you oughta know" on repeat long enough for me to realize what's going on and throw the fucking CD out the window. 

That is my fondest memory of Jagged Little Pill, watching it sail out the window into the neighbor's yard. 

One of my friends on summer break from college had the house to himself as his dad was seeing someone and spent most of the time at her place.  Basically, the house ended up being a place for people to hang out. 

This CD was played an awful lot all summer long.

I think it is one of the best albums of the last 20 years by anyone.

Archived