Are you buying the PS4 or Xbox One?

I am curious to what route most are going with the new consoles! I had a Xbox 360 and gave to my son but I still have my PS3 which is immaculate shape. I am leaning towards the Xbox One this time but I am still not 100%. I won't be buying it anytime soon but in the next couple of months or spring hell maybe even summer time. I hear Xbox will have way more apps and the biggest one for me is the NFL Ticket. Thought?

I'm going with the Xbox One, but likely will wait till after the semester with grad school

Nice. Yea, I think I want to wait to see after both consoles are out and see which one is better first hand rather than speculations and shit talk from both consoles lovers and see for myself.

I'm going with the XBox One.

Several reasons went in to my decision, including that more of my friends game on the XBox platform and I prefer some of their XBox-only titles vs. Playstation-only titles.

Both appear to be quality systems and have their pros and cons.

My girlfriend actually purchased one for me as a birthday gift, so it should arrive at my house on the day of release. Can't wait.

I have always bought my consoles on the used market, so we'll see what happens.

One bad thing, I'm finding that as I get older (30 now), even being unemployed currently (shoot me in the face), when I get my three year old to bed, and my 9 months pregnant wife goes to bed shortly after, I no longer feel that I mentally have it in me to concentrate on a game, so I always end up watching shitty TV until I fall asleep on the couch (I snore, and my extremely pregnant wife wakes up when she hears a drip of water in the bathroom, or something like that, so I am relegated to the couch).

I have always bought my consoles on the used market, so we'll see what happens.

One bad thing, I'm finding that as I get older (30 now), even being unemployed currently (shoot me in the face), when I get my three year old to bed, and my 9 months pregnant wife goes to bed shortly after, I no longer feel that I mentally have it in me to concentrate on a game, so I always end up watching shitty TV until I fall asleep on the couch (I snore, and my extremely pregnant wife wakes up when she hears a drip of water in the bathroom, or something like that, so I am relegated to the couch).

I've kind of become the same way with games. I rarely play them anymore, and I can't figure out why. If I'm not on here or another MB I frequent, reading and commenting, I read books until I fall asleep. I've always been a big reader but I'm reading even more now. Hopefully the job thing turns around for you soon, man. Being unemployed sucks.

I have a PS4 and Fifa14.   It's awesome.   I pre-ordered a LOONG time ago, forgot about it, then remembered when everybody started making a big deal out of it.  Now that I think about it, I should have pre-ordered like 5 of them and sold the others and gotten mine for free.   Sorry, that's the Pakistani in me.  

I have a PS4 and Fifa14.   It's awesome.   I pre-ordered a LOONG time ago, forgot about it, then remembered when everybody started making a big deal out of it.  Now that I think about it, I should have pre-ordered like 5 of them and sold the others and gotten mine for free.   Sorry, that's the Pakistani in me.  

That's called the foreigner in us trying to make a buck lol

was able to pre order an xbox one from amazon this morning at 6am... got an email yesterday about a small quantity being available to pre order at that time.. set my alarm.. took like 30 tries ordering but it finally went through...

day one edition ships in the morning with next day delivery...

that sure was easy...

chase freedom card 5% amazon kick back, + no sales tax and free shipping = saved $75 on getting it from a store...

was able to pre order an xbox one from amazon this morning at 6am... got an email yesterday about a small quantity being available to pre order at that time.. set my alarm.. took like 30 tries ordering but it finally went through...

day one edition ships in the morning with next day delivery...

that sure was easy...

chase freedom card 5% amazon kick back, + no sales tax and free shipping = saved $75 on getting it from a store...

Nice.  I saw you post that this morning and was curious to know if it went through. 

I'm hearing crappy reviews on the Xbox games. That the graphics sucks and this aint no next generation but another Xbox with more apps and all they had to do was just another update to keep the same shit.

It's tough to judge any system on release games. They are rushed and the developers don't fully know how to tap into the potential of the systems yet.

I think Microsoft is trying to do a little bit of what Nintendo did with the Wii, which is make their system appeal to more than just gamers. They want the Xbox One to be the ultimate multimedia device, not necessarily the best pure gaming system.

I'm hearing crappy reviews on the Xbox games. That the graphics sucks and this aint no next generation but another Xbox with more apps and all they had to do was just another update to keep the same shit.

sounds like a bunch of ps4 fanbois opinions. especially since both machines are essentially identical, literally identical in capability, AND only major studios have produced games for both units, so the games, should literally be the same on both consoles at this point...

i have heard the opposite and only good things, especially about nba2k14.....

Archived