Are you buying the PS4 or Xbox One?

That TV has contrast ratio of 5000:1 which is pretty shitty.  And for an LED tv, that's REALLY shitty.   You should be in the millions:1 ratio.   Makes for a potentially "bad" picture with the whites and blacks not really appearing so, making it difficult to discern dark objects/clothing etc...   Spend the extra $100 or $150 and get something nice....that would be my advice. 

slickdeals.net usually has some good deals for TVs. 

Just curious here, willing to buy it new on that, but has anyone ever bought used? What was your experience? Looking at the used list wouldnt touch the ones with scratches, but there is one that isnt scratched...

I would have zero issue with it....especially the Amazon fullfillments as they are usually still covered by manufacturer's 1 yr warranty.  Even the ones that say scratch on front typically have a very small mark on the bezel/frame and that's it.  But in this case, you're saving all of $50 to get used vs a brand new one.   The Pakistani in me wants to congratulate you for thinking about the savings but IMO they're not enough to dissuade from buying the brand new version. 

And I just threw the link out there to give you an idea of what's available at your price point.....

other thought, amazon does store credit card, gives you no interest for 12, 18, 24 months depending what you spend... so you could get the card, which gives you $10 gift card right off the bat, and even if you paid it off in two months, no interest, and can maybe get what you want vs what you can afford in cash this second..  thats what I did with my 58" panasonic i just got, i didnt have $997... i had $200, so i paid $200, financed $797. paid $150 off within the first 4 weeks already... so i can pay $30/mo if money is tight, or lump sums whenever i want.. no interest for 24 months for me..

i know lots of folks dont do credit cards, but it was sillyfor me NOT to do it, as i got gift cards, cash back from amazon and my chase card and so on.. saved a bunch and got what i wanted..

Understandable. I think the 50" version of my Panasonic is only $700. It's super thin. 120hz. Smart tv with Hulu and Netflix and dozens of others. Wifi web browser. Etc

L50e60. Should be the 50" version. I get a discount at Panasonic.com as well. If u need it

I dont really care about the smarttv stuff as I can do all that stuff the the xbox, but one of the sales guys at BB told me that that is getting unavoidable. 

This the one your talking about? - http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-TC-L50E60-50-Inch-1080p-120Hz/dp/B00B59NX9A

I dont really care about the smarttv stuff as I can do all that stuff the the xbox, but one of the sales guys at BB told me that that is getting unavoidable. 

This the one your talking about? - http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-TC-L50E60-50-Inch-1080p-120Hz/dp/B00B59NX9A

thats the one, but amazon is out, so only resellers wanting millions, i think they have my 58" version for like $5k.

why would you want to purposely AVOID a smart tv? you wouldnt even know it was a smart tv..... unless you wanted to use the smart tv stuff, otherwise its just a normal tv...

*leers*

i cant seems to find it for legit retail sale anymore.....  hmmmm

Understandable. I think the 50" version of my Panasonic is only $700. It's super thin. 120hz. Smart tv with Hulu and Netflix and dozens of others. Wifi web browser. Etc

L50e60. Should be the 50" version. I get a discount at Panasonic.com as well. If u need it

Oh REEEAAAAALLLLLLY?   :39:

yep, sometimes its a nice discount, sometimes its their normal special. let me know if you need my login for the site.

I've got a few things I need to take care of first (a new car being first and foremost) but we've been eyeing the Panasonic Plasma sets... 

jesus christ shut the fuck up fanboi

LOL. Chill out, Go. We used to be buddies on this motherfucker. What happened? :ninja:

I want a Xbox One too(mainly so i can say XBOX ON! XBOX NETFLIX!) I'm just saying. MS fucked up out the gate at E3 last year.

Archived