Am I missing something about the streetcar?

Orange 'n Black

Looks like we're going to end up with a couple of blocks of track in the middle of the street.  Maybe they can put a stalled streetcar or two on the track and use them as homeless shelters or maybe fortify them and use them as bunker-like hard points in the next race riot.  That'd be tactical as fuck.

Not directly related to the Cincy situation, but a useful backgrounder (from a polemical perspective) on urban political struggles in general:

Democracy: Going Down For The Count in Detroit

Considering how bad Detroit used to be, I have a hard time understanding the need to file bankruptcy now.  They're going to screw a ton of people out of their pensions in order to do.. what? I think anyone eligible for retirement after working for the city of Detroit probably deserves every cent they've got coming.

There's a good documentary on the Detroit Fire Dept on Netflix right now called "Burn".  Really interesting considering all the arson committed at the Heidelberg Project.

Back on topic, though; Rev. Damon Lynch owns a large amount of property along the proposed streetcar route.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived