6 Oklahoma State (Big XII)
11 Arizona State (At-Large)

3 Auburn (SEC)
14 Fresno State (Mountain West)

7 Stanford (Pac-12)
10 Michigan State (At-Large)

2 Ohio State (B1G)
15 Rice (Conference USA)

I like the idea of a playoff, but dont think you need to go 16. I think 8 would be sufficient.

Id make 5 automatic bids from the top 5 conferences (ACC, Big 10, Big 12, SEC, and Pac 12), with 3 at larges. Also if you finish as a league champion in one of the other leagues (mac, moutain west, american, conference usa, etc) and finish in the top 12, you are guaranteed a birth as well.

It would make the championship games this weekend even more exciting. MSU OSU winner guaranteed to get in, loser might not (probably OSU would still have a shot but MSU wouldnt). Missouri Auburn loser also likely gets knocked out.

Lets say FSU, OSU, Auburn and Stanford win this weekend, it would probably look something like this...

1. FSU (ACC winner)

vs

8. Either Northern Ill (if they finish in the top 12 of the rankings) or Baylor (if NI doesnt finish in top 12)

4. Alabama (At large 1)

vs

5. Ok State (Big 12 winner)

3. Auburn (sec winner)

vs 

6. Stanford (pac 12 winner)

2. OSU (Big 10 winner)

vs

7. South Carolina (at large 2)

Rose Bowl you'd still have Michigan State vs Oregon which would be a good game.

Orange bowl you'd have something like Clemson vs UCF

Sugar Bowl youd have like Missouri vs Oklahoma

Fiesta Bowl youd have ASU vs Baylor or NI

Something like that.

I like the idea of a playoff, but dont think you need to go 16. I think 8 would be sufficient.

Id make 5 automatic bids from the top 5 conferences (ACC, Big 10, Big 12, SEC, and Pac 12), with 3 at larges. Also if you finish as a league champion in one of the other leagues (mac, moutain west, american, conference usa, etc) and finish in the top 12, you are guaranteed a birth as well.

It would make the championship games this weekend even more exciting. MSU OSU winner guaranteed to get in, loser might not (probably OSU would still have a shot but MSU wouldnt). Missouri Auburn loser also likely gets knocked out.

Lets say FSU, OSU, Auburn and Stanford win this weekend, it would probably look something like this...

1. FSU (ACC winner)

vs

8. Either Northern Ill (if they finish in the top 12 of the rankings) or Baylor (if NI doesnt finish in top 12)

4. Alabama (At large 1)

vs

5. Ok State (Big 12 winner)

3. Auburn (sec winner)

vs 

6. Stanford (pac 12 winner)

2. OSU (Big 10 winner)

vs

7. South Carolina (at large 2)

Rose Bowl you'd still have Michigan State vs Oregon which would be a good game.

Orange bowl you'd have something like Clemson vs UCF

Sugar Bowl youd have like Missouri vs Oklahoma

Fiesta Bowl youd have ASU vs Baylor or NI

Something like that.

There isn't another sport on any level anywhere that leaves conference champions out of the tournament.

Every single team starts the season with a chance to play in the tournament. Sounds good to me.

There isn't another sport on any level anywhere that leaves conference champions out of the tournament.

Every single team starts the season with a chance to play in the tournament. Sounds good to me.

Every signle team that starts in my format would still have a chance. Just would have to finish in the top 12. If you go undefeated in the MAC you have a pretty good shot most years to finish in the top 12. 

I just dont see the need to have a playoff that involves teams like Rice this year.

Every signle team that starts in my format would still have a chance. Just would have to finish in the top 12. If you go undefeated in the MAC you have a pretty good shot most years to finish in the top 12. 

I just dont see the need to have a playoff that involves teams like Rice this year.

They won their conference. What would you say if OSU won the Big Ten but happened to be ranked 13th?

They won their conference. What would you say if OSU won the Big Ten but happened to be ranked 13th?

For that to happen, theyd probably have to have at least 2 losses. If they had 2 losses, yes I dont think they would deserve to play for a national championship.

I dont think the 13th best NFL team should play for the Super bowl (which they dont) and I dont think the 13th best NCAA football team should either.

Theres no way that you can argue that these two teams playing tonight wouldn't belong in a 16 team tournament.

Bowling green should belong in a 16 team tourney??? Seriously???

And Northern, while a good team, doesnt either. They just got doubled up by bowling green.

Bowling green lost to IU by 32. Yes, IU.

You lose credibility by saying things like this FYI. Goes back to what I mentioned the other day about you saying crazy things.

Bowling green should belong in a 16 team tourney??? Seriously???

And Northern, while a good team, doesnt either. They just got doubled up by bowling green.

Bowling green lost to IU by 32. Yes, IU.

You lose credibility by saying things like this FYI. Goes back to what I mentioned the other day about you saying crazy things.

Thankfully I have you on ignore now but I decided to read this. If you wrote that I am 99% certain you didn't watch the game Friday night. You are just in here to try to get negative reactions out of people. You are the type of person that has a strong opinion about Obamacare but doesn't really know anything about it. They won their conference. They get in. That's how it is in every other level. That is how it should be here.

1 Florida State (ACC)
16 Louisiana Lafayette (Sun Belt)

8 Missouri (At-Large)
9 South Carolina (At-Large)

5 Stanford (Pac-12)
12 Central Florida (American)

4 Michigan State (B1G)
13 Fresno State (Mt. West)

6 Baylor (Big XII)
11 Oklahoma (At-Large)

3 Alabama (At-Large)
14 Bowling Green (MAC)