Anybody from Columbus? Value City Arena question.

Hooky

I'm taking the boy to the Buckeyes-Purdue game in February. Does anybody have advice on a place to stay. I'd like to stay somewhere walking distance if there's a safe, reasonable place. If not, I would like to stay by 71 so we can jump right on the highway in the morning. Thanks in advance.   

There is a Red Roof Inn at Ackerman and Olentangy River Road. That would be the closest to the Schott. Still a decent walk though...but not too bad. And you can park there if you are staying. Red Roofs aren't the Ritz by any means. Up Olentangy River Road a bit farther north is a Hilton Garden Inn, and the Varsity Inn North. Nicer places, but also about a mile further away from the Schott.

Those are the closest places I can think of.

There is a Red Roof Inn at Ackerman and Olentangy River Road. That would be the closest to the Schott. Still a decent walk though...but not too bad. And you can park there if you are staying. Red Roofs aren't the Ritz by any means. Up Olentangy River Road a bit farther north is a Hilton Garden Inn, and the Varsity Inn North. Nicer places, but also about a mile further away from the Schott.

Those are the closest places I can think of.

Thanks a lot. I will consider that, but I think I'm leaning toward staying on Stringtown in Grove City (Popular Cincinnatians stop) and driving to the game. We can drive to the campus early to maybe get a good parking spot and walk around the campus and grab dinner before the game. Drive back to Grove City after the game and jump right on 71 the next morning. 

I haven't been to the campus in a really long time, any ideas for places to go for dinner and just stuff to look at in general that's fairly kid friendly? He's 10.

Archived