Bengals control their own Destiny

Nothing can be better than being in control. I think We win out personally and the Patriots will drop one more game. IMO, if we are going to win a game in the Playoffs we're going to have to get the Home Field Advantage cause I don't like our odds on the road. So let's beat the crap outta the next 2 teams and hope the Ravens beat the Patriots at home. Booooom there it is.

The problem is, I'm feeling it a little but myself, that we went from potential #2 seed (which is amazing) to possible elimination in a few hours. I think everyone is giving us the MN game but the Ravens game is something I'm a little worried about. Given how we're playing at home and how we're on the road, not grasping that #2 seed hurts the soul. I personally was imagining home games throughout, traveling to Denver for the upset, then playing in the SB in NY. Now I'm worried about Miami and Baltimore jumping us. Ahhh, the life of a fan.

Good news:

If the bengals beat Minn, they will either go into week 17 as the division champion (if NE beats Baltimore) or go into week 17 with a win getting them a bye (if NE loses to Baltimore).

Nothing would be better to beat the ravens and knock them out of the playoffs and take the number two seed.

Nothing would be better to beat the ravens and knock them out of the playoffs and take the number two seed.

I would have a nervous breakdown, a heart-attack, an ulcer, a stroke and an aneurysm.

And probably a hemorrhoids before it was all over. 

But it would all be well worth it 

Never mind, I found the answer.  CBS and FOX cannot protect games in Week 17.  I have NO faith in the Bengals ability to win a Sunday night game at this point.

Someone in another thread talked about a "worst case scenario" and it seemed unlikely, but it's now a lot more possible than we may want to accept.  If Baltimore (NE, @Cin) and Miami (@Buf, NYJ) each win their last two games, the Bengals are out of the playoffs.  What's ironic about it is, that yesterday we rooted for the Dolphins to beat the Patriots, and now that win may be the one that keeps the Bengals out.

Before tonight, I wasn't too worried about the Bengals beating the Rats, but now I'm plenty concerned.

This is really starting to feel like 2006 all over again.

My god that season was just a straight punch to the gut.

Yeah, in a way I see what you are saying, but the long snapper in that year killed us. We don't miss that FG against Denver that year and we were in it. Or even if we had beaten the Stealers in OT in the last game, which we should have won in regulation had not Marvin had his ridiculously bad clock management skills on display at the end of that game..

I think this team is stronger than that. We are undefeated at home and our last two games are there. All we need to do is win the next two and it doesn't matter.

I'm more pissed about squandering a chance at the #2 seed last night that anything. I still think we make the playoffs but grabbing that seeding would have been a huge boost given we are a Jekyll and Hyde team at home versus away.

Yeah, in a way I see what you are saying, but the long snapper in that year killed us. We don't miss that FG against Denver that year and we were in it. Or even if we had beaten the Stealers in OT in the last game, which we should have won in regulation had not Marvin had his ridiculously bad clock management skills on display at the end of that game..

I think this team is stronger than that. We are undefeated at home and our last two games are there. All we need to do is win the next two and it doesn't matter.

I'm more pissed about squandering a chance at the #2 seed last night that anything. I still think we make the playoffs but grabbing that seeding would have been a huge boost given we are a Jekyll and Hyde team at home versus away.

I think the Rats are going to be New England Sunday, so the #2 will be there for the taking with two wins.  Unfortunately, if the Rats do beat New England, a devastating end to the season will be there for the taking, as well.  I have a feeling we're going to be in for a do-or-die showdown one week from Sunday night, and I don't like the sound of that.....at all.

I think the Rats are going to be New England Sunday, so the #2 will be there for the taking with two wins.  Unfortunately, if the Rats do beat New England, a devastating end to the season will be there for the taking, as well.

I know we are just assuming Miami sweeps Buffalo and the Jets but I wouldn't be a bit surprised to see them lose one of them. Rivalry games are a bitch and it would make their season to knock off the Dolphins.

I think the Rats are going to be New England Sunday, so the #2 will be there for the taking with two wins.  Unfortunately, if the Rats do beat New England, a devastating end to the season will be there for the taking, as well.  I have a feeling we're going to be in for a do-or-die showdown one week from Sunday night, and I don't like the sound of that.....at all.

Well, if we can't beat Baltimore in our house, then maybe we don't deserve to go to the playoffs. Personally, I think if it comes to that, we will come out and beat their asses, but hey, that's just me!

Archived