Bengals control their own Destiny

Well, if we can't beat Baltimore in our house, then maybe we don't deserve to go to the playoffs. Personally, I think if it comes to that, we will come out and beat their asses, but hey, that's just me!

Would have felt more certain of that before the wave of injuries that has decimated the defense. If Newman isn't back and healthy in two weeks, I don't like our chances, frankly. Baltimore likes to toss the ball long and beg for flags. I think an inexperienced guy like Dre is prime to get picked on and suckered into BS interference calls, which, frankly, seems to be 100% of Baltimore's offense at this point.

Well, if we can't beat Baltimore in our house, then maybe we don't deserve to go to the playoffs. Personally, I think if it comes to that, we will come out and beat their asses, but hey, that's just me!

This is my line of thinking also.At some point you have to break the "mentally tough" roadblock...This would be a great start..Start the playoffs early with the game against the rats..Kick their ass! Get in and this would be a great lift to starting the actual playoffs!

If we are afraid of or can't beat the Vikings at home then we have much larger issues than just making the playoffs. In order to be a champion you have to play your best football in December and beyond. Pit and Balt do it. For as far as this team has come in the last decade, the playoff losses and performances like the one Sunday night are very troublesome. This team has to take that next step, win the last 2 games and then beat somebody in the playoffs.

This is arguably the most talented team in the NFL according to many "experts"! Being nervous as a fan is quite normal anytime...but not believing this team can"t beat anyone at anytime now is just plain crazYY!

It WAS the most talented team before the wave of injuries decimated our defense.  Zimmer has done a great job masking the holes, but I think Offensive Coordinators have caught  on to what he's doing...

If we are afraid of or can't beat the Vikings at home then we have much larger issues than just making the playoffs. In order to be a champion you have to play your best football in December and beyond. Pit and Balt do it. For as far as this team has come in the last decade, the playoff losses and performances like the one Sunday night are very troublesome. This team has to take that next step, win the last 2 games and then beat somebody in the playoffs.

It seems its the fans that are concerned, not the players. 

It WAS the most talented team before the wave of injuries decimated our defense.  Zimmer has done a great job masking the holes, but I think Offensive Coordinators have caught  on to what he's doing...

Very true , but many of the recent SB champions have ended the season with having double digit players on ir..

Agree 100%

I agree too. Have you guys watched Baltimore all year? They were bailed out two weeks ago by the refs, lucky as shit anyway even with the refs in their pocket. Last night I saw multiple bad calls before I gave up and quit watching. They didn't score a touchdown and Detroit did what they do... found a way to lose.Their o-line is near the bottom of the NFL in sacks given up and they are dead last in ypc.

I say the Bengals get straight at home this week by pounding the shit out of Minnesota. And if they Rats do manage to get past the Pats(which I doubt), we end their season next week.

One bad week against the stealers doesn't make me totally panic and think this team has no chance.

WHO-DEY!!!

We're not talking about Seattle or Denver coming here for a do or die game...

we're talking about Baltimore and a putrid offense.  They're 2-5 on the road this year... they got bailed out by the refs last week, and had to have a gift from Stafford last night along with a 61 yard fg to pull it out (which BARELY went through)... with a few poor calls (the PI that wasn't called in the endzone on Balt) that took away a TD and relegated Det to having to kick a fg...

Put me firmly in the camp that roots for Baltimore this weekend, gives us the #2 seed, and sets up a game the following week, where we're playing to keep the #2 seed and knock Baltimore out of the playoffs.  AT OUR HOUSE...

I'll take it.  If this team can't accomplish that we don't need to go to the playoffs.  Gets us a first round bye, and then a home game to go to the AFC Championship...

we're talking about Baltimore and a putrid offense.  They're 2-5 on the road this year... they got bailed out by the refs last week, and had to have a gift from Stafford last night along with a 61 yard fg to pull it out (which BARELY went through)... with a few poor calls (the PI that wasn't called in the endzone on Balt) that took away a TD and relegated Det to having to kick a fg...

Put me firmly in the camp that roots for Baltimore this weekend, gives us the #2 seed, and sets up a game the following week, where we're playing to keep the #2 seed and knock Baltimore out of the playoffs.  AT OUR HOUSE...

I'll take it.  If this team can't accomplish that we don't need to go to the playoffs.  Gets us a first round bye, and then a home game to go to the AFC Championship...

This is Marvin's moment. Blow this opportunity and it's hard for anyone to defend him anymore.

yeah, but we are very likely talking about Baltimore coming here with a do or die game.

Trying to reign in my skepticism but after seeing them shit the bed in Pittsburgh and

now the "what if game" that I had so hoped to avoid this late in the season...

What If:

Chicago

Cleveland

Miami

Baltimore the first time.

And thinking that in losses to Miami and Pittsburg Marv walked off the field

at half time with possession of the ball and time outs left... one in Pittsbugh

and all three in Miami.  At least TRY to get into field goal range and don't quit,

give up and walk off.  Perhaps/probably would have given us the win vs Miami

without the overtime... and safety.  For all the Carson (same record) the Quitter

stuff around here (deserved or not), that's Marvin quitting and is unconscionable 

as far as I'm concerned.

So what I am saying is that if my nightmare comes true and it does come down to

the final game of the season with something on the line for both teams... my faith

in Marvin to motivate is not the best.

Pretty sure our chance at a bye week is gone and do not want to see it get

any worse than that.

P.S.  Our injury situation is hitting at the exact wrong time.

yeah, but we are very likely talking about Baltimore coming here with a do or die game.

Trying to reign in my skepticism but after seeing them shit the bed in Pittsburgh and

now the "what if game" that I had so hoped to avoid this late in the season...

What If:

Chicago

Cleveland

Miami

Baltimore the first time.

And thinking that in losses to Miami and Pittsburg Marv walked off the field

at half time with possession of the ball and time outs left... one in Pittsbugh

and all three in Miami.  At least TRY to get into field goal range and don't quit,

give up and walk off.  Perhaps/probably would have given us the win vs Miami

without the overtime... and safety.  For all the Carson (same record) the Quitter

stuff around here (deserved or not), that's Marvin quitting and is unconscionable 

as far as I'm concerned.

So what I am saying is that if my nightmare comes true and it does come down to

the final game of the season with something on the line for both teams... my faith

in Marvin to motivate is not the best.

Pretty sure our chance at a bye week is gone and do not want to see it get

any worse than that.

P.S.  Our injury situation is hitting at the exact wrong time.

The Bengals and their fans should be relishing the opportunity to play a do or die game for the division and 2 seed in week 17.  Big time game on a big time stage. At home.  We are 6-0 at home and if it comes down to week 17 w/ the 2 seed up for grabs that will mean we are 7-0 at home.  Maybe that is part of the problem.  There are fans in this board, the radio etc that want to shy away from the big game and opportunity when we should be embracing it. 

The Bengals and their fans should be relishing the opportunity to play a do or die game for the division and 2 seed in week 17.  Big time game on a big time stage. At home.  We are 6-0 at home and if it comes down to week 17 w/ the 2 seed up for grabs that will mean we are 7-0 at home.  Maybe that is part of the problem.  There are fans in this board, the radio etc that want to shy away from the big game and opportunity when we should be embracing it. 

Anyone know if that game could get flexed to a 4pm kickoff?

i'm right there with you, and couldn't agree more or said it any better than that.

This.

But I'm guessing the boo birds will be out early after first incompletion.

Archived