Playoff Tickets

I already bought mine as a season ticket holder, but I can't imagine there will be a huge amount of people that have the money to tie up in an extra ticket per seat on the chance that we would have both games.  I may buy a couple more to sell just for game one once they sell them seperate.

What is the the reg price of playoff tix?

A couple of things first:

#1 - The prices are set by the NFL, and regular prices league-wide for seats are more expensive than what we pay in Cincinnati, so the playoff prices WILL seem high.

#2 - The price is for TWO games, and it's based on us hosting a Divisional game and the Championship.  If we don't play the Championship at PBS, that ticket is refunded.  Also, if we play the Wild Card and NOT the Divisional game, the difference (about $10) is also refunded.

One seat for two games is $245 for the 300-level seats, or $267 for everything else OTHER than the 200-level club seats.  Those are significantly more expensive.

I think it works out to about $90-100 for the Divisional and $140-160 for the Championship.

Does the NFL have a set of rules for how it schedules the games? Like does #3 seeds automatically have the Sunday games and #4 the Saturday? Or do they just pick randomly

I think it's done with TV ratings in mind.  The time zones of the cities that have teams playing in the game factor into it, as well.  Also, there is always one AFC and one NFC game per day in the wildcard and division rounds.

I did some digging, and in each of the past two seasons, the two 3-6 games were on Saturday and the two 4-5 games were on Sunday.  In 2007, 2009 and 2010, however, there was one of each on both Saturday and Sunday.  In 2008, the two 4-5 games were on Saturday and the two 3-6 games were on Sunday.  Bottom line:  there is certainly no pattern as to which match-ups are on which day.

Does the NFL have a set of rules for how it schedules the games? Like does #3 seeds automatically have the Sunday games and #4 the Saturday? Or do they just pick randomly

Don't know about the specific rules but here is a link for further info;

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1898934-nfl-playoff-schedule-2014-important-dates-and-updated-matchup-predictions

They have the Bengals in the AFC Championship game.   :o

I heard it on the internet so it must be true... 

We can hope.  It certainly wouldn't hurt for the Patriots to lose this weekend.  Although the likelihood of that happening is about 12 percent or so.  Good chances we win against the Ravens but expecting the Bills to beat the Patriots might be asking too much.

I heard it on the internet so it must be true... 

We can hope.  It certainly wouldn't hurt for the Patriots to lose this weekend.  Although the likelihood of that happening is about 12 percent or so.  Good chances we win against the Ravens but expecting the Bills to beat the Patriots might be asking too much.

Hopefully the weather is bad. Sloppy and high winds. The Bills have the better D so that kind of game would be ideal

I just bought 2 tickets to the home playoff game (hopefully the divisional game) .. I couldn't believe the kind of seats that were still available.

9th row corner of the endzone. Ended up paying $235 total for both so not bad at all.

I'll be quite upset if their debating a sellout or not for a playoff game although I doubt that happens.

Either way, I'm so damn pumped!! 

I just bought 2 tickets to the home playoff game (hopefully the divisional game) .. I couldn't believe the kind of seats that were still available.

9th row corner of the endzone. Ended up paying $235 total for both so not bad at all.

I'll be quite upset if their debating a sellout or not for a playoff game although I doubt that happens.

Either way, I'm so damn pumped!! 

I thought the same. $ 117 in section 132 for a playoff game. I'm beyond pumped !

I just got the 2nd row upper deck in the seats right behind mine. I think the reason there a significant number left is that there wasn't a period where season ticket holders were given a head start on single game tix. We were only given the buy two games option and then they were open to everyone. Probably a bunch of people who just assumed their seats would be gone because they couldn't afford 200+ per seat. Also seems like the sale date wasn't really that hyped especially with Christmas as a reason to buy.

Archived