Anyone have any good Apple discounts?

GoBengals

Preparing to get a new 15" MacBook Pro. I will be getting the one that's $2599 regular price.

Quad core i7. 512gb pcie flash hd. 16gb ram. Retina display. Etc.

Work and school discount make it 2399$. But then tax is $125 so it's back over $2500. Amazon has it for $2469 free shipping and no tax. I checked macmall. Etc.

My friend that works for apple used all his discounts or just doesn't want to give me one.

I would PROBABLY be buying Jan 6th If anyone has a friend at apple or knows some way to get a better discount it would be very helpful!

Trying to save all I can.

Thanks!

When I bought my Macbook last year it was sitting right next to the new, at the time, retina display model. I put them side by side and opened the exact same pictures and videos on both. There was nothing so  spectacular about the retina display that warranted paying the extra money for it. Not to mention that the retina model doesn't have a CD/DVD drive. Anyone that says that they can tell a huge difference between the displays is on a placebo high. I may be 45 years old, but I still have 20/20 vision AND I'm an ex printer that is trained in finding mistakes in print, pin holes, frayed lines etc... The retina display really isn't anything to write home about, definitely not worth the extra money. Mine was the top of the line non-retina model (all the bells and whistles) vs the lowest version of the retina, and they were the same price. Not to mention 3 times the HD space. Again, in my opinion, not worth the extra cash for that display.

MULLY

They no longer make a non retina, as el flocks mentioned, and if you can't tell the difference I can assure you you do not have 20/20 vision. I do agree though. I was poised to buy the regular one. Until they stopped it. I'm not going to buy an old version of a computer I plan to keep for six or seven years now. So my mind is made up on the machine. But since you opened pictures and videos I can see why you saw no difference. The pixel blending on a non retina is good. You won't see a difference much. But open word, exel, web pages. This forum. Etc. Huge difference.

I also have no need for a CD-ROM drive. And if I do I can grab a USB for $30-80. But I haven't used one in forever. If ever.

I do appreciate the input though, I was hung up on the storage aspect before. If I dump my iTunes to synology I am only using 160gb of my HD.

I didn't say I couldn't tell a difference, what I said was that the difference was nothing to write home about. But, as you said, the non-retina isn't even a choice anymore so it's a moot point.

MULLY

ah i misread... 

my bad

I am excited to get something new, ole faithful is ready to find a new home.

That's the biggest problem with these damn Macs, they work so well, and are so dependable, that it's a long, long time before you need a new one. haha!! I always enjoy buying a new computer but it's going to be years before I need one now. :good3:

MULLY :rock:

Archived