Tell me again the NFL doesn't favor some teams....

New England Patriots TV update: Week 17 game against Buffalo Bills moved to 4:25 p.m.

By Nick Underhill, MassLive.com
Follow on Twitter
on December 22, 2013 at 10:22 PM, updated December 23, 2013 at 10:46 AM

The New England Patriots' regular-season finale against the Buffalo has been flexed to a later time.

Originally scheduled to take place at 1 p.m., the game will now instead kickoff at 4:25 p.m. Depending on the outcome of earlier games, the contest may determine if New England will be the AFC's No. 2 seed.

The Denver Broncos also play against the Oakland Raiders at 4:25. If Denver loses that game and the Patriots win, New England would claim the No. 1 seed.

Same time as Denver, so there is no possible way they can rest starters, nor can Denver.  Denver game has to be at 4:25 because its on the west coast.

Keeps us at the same time as Indy, so we neither of our teams can rest starters.

Same time as Denver, so there is no possible way they can rest starters, nor can Denver.  Denver game has to be at 4:25 because its on the west coast.

Keeps us at the same time as Indy, so we neither of our teams can rest starters.

Exactly, this means both teams have to play to win as they have the one seed at stake.

Posted 26 minutes ago

Rumble In the Jungle, on 24 Dec 2013 - 2:05 PM, said:snapback.png

lol

or the Bills beating the Patriots in NE. Our only chance came and we didn't take care of it when Miami handed us an early Christmas gift and we threw it away.

Bills defense looked awesome last week. You never know. 

And the Browns had them dead to rights in New England. Being a division opponent, I think the Bills have just a good a shot as anyone to pull off a win. Do I think it will happen? No. But it's certainly possible.

Posted 26 minutes ago

Rumble In the Jungle, on 24 Dec 2013 - 2:05 PM, said:snapback.png

Bills defense looked awesome last week. You never know. 

And the Browns had them dead to rights in New England. Being a division opponent, I think the Bills have just a good a shot as anyone to pull off a win. Do I think it will happen? No. But it's certainly possible.

If the Bills have a chance because it is a division game then so does the Raiders. It is a division game after all. Am I right?

New England Patriots TV update: Week 17 game against Buffalo Bills moved to 4:25 p.m.

By Nick Underhill, MassLive.com
Follow on Twitter
on December 22, 2013 at 10:22 PM, updated December 23, 2013 at 10:46 AM

The New England Patriots' regular-season finale against the Buffalo has been flexed to a later time.

Originally scheduled to take place at 1 p.m., the game will now instead kickoff at 4:25 p.m. Depending on the outcome of earlier games, the contest may determine if New England will be the AFC's No. 2 seed.

The Denver Broncos also play against the Oakland Raiders at 4:25. If Denver loses that game and the Patriots win, New England would claim the No. 1 seed.

Thanks for posting this.  Maybe there are some "Amish Mafia" reruns on at the same time that I can watch instead.

Been really slow around here and I was up and bored so I stooped to the desperate level of visiting the bengals.com boards - and of course found a really interesting link.

http://www.nflpenalties.com/

According to this site, our opponents are penalized less than any other team in the league when we play them.  We are dead last in this category with 63 "Beneficiary Penalties" called.

Who's the first?  Baltimore Ravens, with 116, or nearly 2X.

You'd think that, given that we play the same teams...

Moreover, the author of the site creates another interesting metric further down, whereby he suggests that teams with better offenses and defenses should have higher beneficiary penalties (a killer D means their offense holds more, etc.).  Despite that we have a top 10 offense, we are 31st there, and our top 5 defense gets us rated... dead last.  The exact opposite of what it should be.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, foil hat and all of that, but it's hard to ignore all of the perennial NFL favorites that are the top beneficiaries of these calls...

Just goes to show, whether there is intention or not, if you want to beat the best, you have to do more than play good enough to win.  You also have to play good enough to account for bias, however conscious or not it is.

Despite that we have a top 10 offense, we are 31st there, and our top 5 defense gets us rated... dead last.  The exact opposite of what it should be.

I don't see how simple bias can account for that, not unless the entirety of NFL officiating somehow thinks the Bengals are the worst team in the league.

Archived