Thank you Carson Palmer

I'm wearing a Palmer PJ jersey right now...and have a signed and framed Palmer picture hanging in my house. My thing is this: he left under less than ideal circumstances, he got what he wanted (out of Cincinnati) and the Bengals were wildly overcompensated for his departure. Win/win.

You are a wise man Bunghole.

At last a Go sighting.. After clinching the division with the only team in the NFL with a top 10 defense AND offense.  The only "fan" you need to be embarrassed of is yourself.

That dude has seriously been bitter and hateful as fuck since Brat got fired. I'm glad he doesn't post.

Ill always cheer for Carson unless he is in our way. Not his fault that it took him leaving for Brown to step back and make the right changes to make the team better, just wish he would have done it earlier so that Carson didnt have to leave, so in THAT regard yes thank you Carson.

oh good bitter ass fans...

because apparently palmer was what was making us have a bottom ranked defense the whole time he was here.. and HE made TO and OCHO jokes of WR's and laughed out of the league..

how many QB's get to throw 4 picks and win by almost 20? because the defense held the ravens to field goals on all 3 of the first picks AND scored a TD, making it 6 TD's in the last five weeks.. for the DEFENSE.. 

this is a bitter pathetic thread. and its embarrassing. 

yea fuck that guy who redid his deal twice to sign other guys and give them extensions, fuck the guy who wanted to leave because his home and wife and kids were being harassed by white trash...

fuck that dude...

palmer never in his life had this defense and this group of offensive weapons.. never...ever... not even close...

there are some super shitty fans of this football team...

i dont care if you dont like palmer and dont want him here and are happy with dalton.. but this bullshit is just childish bitter garbage...

pitiful.

this is the type of fans that make players leave for better markets, this is the type of fans that we have 10,000 empty seats for a home playoff game...

what a joke.

i am ashamed to be a part of this right now...

What happened to you? I remember when you used to love this team. You used to bash anyone that bashed on them.

Now, that seems like all you do is bash on the team and the fans that aren't still Carson Palmer fans. 

The only reason I ever became a Carson Palmer fan was because he was drafted by and played for the Bengals.

I have been a fan of players and watched them go without being "bitter". Hell I was a Carson fan until the bitter end.

But he quit. He took his money, pissed on his contract and just fucking quit. You talk about him leaving because 

of "White Trash". He left because he is trash. Period. 

Anyway. The Bengals had numerous Pro Bowl caliber players on Offense while Carson was here. 

They had a Defense that was ranked #4 in 2009. In 2009, Cedric Benson rushed for 169 yards in their

Playoff game. Palmer? 18-36 for 110 yards, 1 TD 1 INT and a QB rating of 58.3 So you're wrong. 

He wasn't some victim. 

The majority of the people that want to "Thank" Carson (by the way Jason, I think you spelled fuck wrong) are Bengals

fans that were Carson Palmer fans and felt very betrayed. You seem like a Carson Palmer fan more than

a Bengals fan anymore. And that has been going on for years now. That might be something you want to 

work on for the new year. 

Oh well. HappY New Year! 

I feel more disappointment than hatred. Before his injuries, (no matter what anybody says) he was on his way to a HOF career and he was our QB. He was the face of the franchise and bridged the gap from the failure of the '90's. I heard Marc Amazon a few weeks ago running his ignorant head, saying while Carson was here, he didn't care about winning, only thing he cared about was collecting a paycheck and going home to count his money. What a crock of shit. I guess that's why he busted his ass rehabbing the knee and was back for preseason. I guess that's why he ran all over the country after the elbow injury, trying to find a Dr that would clear him to play. The way Carson's career as a Bengal ended left a shitty taste in everyones mouth, but idiots like Amazon need not act like Palmer didn't want to succeed here at one point, because I remember otherwise.

Yep. He did bengals fans a huge favor.

Many say he quit. I don't think do. I think he stood up to Mike Brown and told him that he was done listening to Mike's empty promises at the time.

We then find out that he wasn't the first but he was the only one that saw it through as we then find out that many others had previously done the same thing. The difference was, they accepted Mike Brown's offer of "give me one more year and I'll let you walk". By accepting those offers, the previous practices were able to continue over and over again. Those are players that quit because they caved in and agreed to accept a paycheck to maintain the status quo.

If reports were true, even during that period there was a point that Mike Brown cared more about making a point than making his team better. If not for the relationship of Hue Jackson to Mike Brown, a deal, no matter how good wasn't going to happen. Thankfully the relationship with Hue was what it is and the deal did happen. Mike even had the chance to move Chad at one point for two #1's and refused. No matter how good CJ was at the time, that was a no brainer as CJ was middle aged by that point and had begun lashing out. At the time it was painfully clear to all that the oline was terrible due to age, injury and talent.

At the end of the day, CP holding his ground along with a mass exit of season ticket holders and possibly a very direct Marvin Lewis being very forthcoming in the media that we needed to get back to things that were important when he had first arrived led to positive change.

It is obvious that it is not business as usual at PBS but it was also obvious between 2003-2005. However, what was being done between 2003-2005 was undone very quickly. Most want to take the easy route and blame the personalities at the time but it was those very same personalities that took them from worst to first.

Moving forward, this franchise must take another step in winning a playoff game or more. Also, the next few off seasons will be key.

Can this historically poorly run franchise make the key decisions like a NE or a Baltimore to continue to sustain success for a significant period of time?

I for one hope so.

because apparently palmer was what was making us have a bottom ranked defense the whole time he was here.. and HE made TO and OCHO jokes of WR's and laughed out of the league..

how many QB's get to throw 4 picks and win by almost 20? because the defense held the ravens to field goals on all 3 of the first picks AND scored a TD, making it 6 TD's in the last five weeks.. for the DEFENSE.. 

yea fuck that guy who redid his deal twice to sign other guys and give them extensions, fuck the guy who wanted to leave because his home and wife and kids were being harassed by white trash...

fuck that dude...

palmer never in his life had this defense and this group of offensive weapons.. never...ever... not even close...

i dont care if you dont like palmer and dont want him here and are happy with dalton.. but this bullshit is just childish bitter garbage...

pitiful.

this is the type of fans that make players leave for better markets, this is the type of fans that we have 10,000 empty seats for a home playoff game...

what a joke.

Palmer threw 4 INTs and beat the Seahawks. Your boner for Carson is gay.

Not sure what happened to Ryan. Had season tickets with him for 2 Years. He was great to watch a football game with. His hate for Cincinnati and their fans is sad. His love for all things brat I understand because he benefited.

Go/Ryan won't respond to any of this, he never does. He will come by, make some sort of comment saying how stupid everyone but himself is, how embarrassed he is to be a fan, and throw around some logic that only makes sense to him in an attempt to support his cause....then go away and ignore all of the responses. He trolls his own forum. It's sad and pathetic.

I used to give money to this site to help keep it going, but those days are over.

Palmer threw 4 INTs and beat the Seahawks. Your boner for Carson is gay.

This is the greatest retort in the history of this forum.

Palmer was never close to the same after the elbow problem. He became a pick machine, and he still is to this day. He just isn't the same qb he was in 2005. It worked out really well for the Bengals as I have a feeling Andy Dalton can and will become the greatest qb in franchise history.

Remember, even when Paul Brown was the head coach and/or GM the Bengals never went to the playoffs three years in a row. If you cannot enjoy this era of the Bengals than you have a big dump in your pants.

Meh. I like Carson and I still root for the ole pick machine. Still a cool dude, and the deal worked out in both of our favors. Don't really see what the problem is. If you walk away from a 100 mil contract, I'm assuming you have pretty legitimate reasons lol. Get over it people. Fuck.

Go/Ryan won't respond to any of this, he never does. He will come by, make some sort of comment saying how stupid everyone but himself is, how embarrassed he is to be a fan, and throw around some logic that only makes sense to him in an attempt to support his cause....then go away and ignore all of the responses. He trolls his own forum. It's sad and pathetic.

I used to give money to this site to help keep it going, but those days are over.

Lol. Maybe he just trolls the site under that account and acts normal under another. Dude has been crazy since Carson left...and we kept winning.

fuck that dude...

pitiful.

what a joke.

You have written entire novellas dedicated to your hatred of Andy Dalton. THATS the type of behavior that would drive a player to sign elsewhere. 

Yeah, I'm bitter. The fucker quit on the owner who made him the highest paid player in the game, his coaches, his teammates, the city, the fans, on you and on me. I hope he never wins another game. Fuck him ™.

this.

How anyone could take the quitters side on the way this folded out is beyond me.

The only thing better that happened in the history of this franchise than Carson Palmer QUITTING was Bob Bratowski getting fired. Those two cock-suckers were made for each other. 

I'm sure Go would love to join them to make it a threesome.  I'm just trying to figure out which one would be taking and which one giving, as they all seem like takers.  At least Go would finally be be happy.

And for those still rooting for Carson, in any situation?  Are you serious?  I receive everyone of his misfortunes with utter glee, and no misfortune could befall him that would warrant my pity. 

Entitled little spineless rich boy that doesn't get his way. wah wah wah. Go choke on a dick.

Archived