Banners, iOS, and the App Store

mongo

Over the last couple of weeks, I have increasingly come in contact with banners that will switch me from Mobile Safari to a specific app in the App Store without ever having clicked on a link. It happens all the time over on PFT, and it just happened here... Is there any way to disable this in iOS settings?

I can't tell you how much it annoys me that I'll be in the middle of reading a post, and suddenly have Safari switch to the App Store.

you are not alone, googling it many folks are seeing this, however i do not run any true mobile banner ads through my networks, so it is likely something picked p from PFT ads or somewhere else thats doing it randomly. if you can find out anything at all about the ad network doing it, let me know and I can make sure its blocked through my networks. its possible some of the networks got clever and mix mobile ads in and auto feeds them, so you are only seeing desktop banner ads from me(as far as i am aware).

strange thing is im not seeing many resolutions to the problem in apple or ios forums... i will keep looking, you can delete histoyr and cookies and come back to my site directly, see if it happens at all, if not, try PFT, and if it happens youll at least know the source 100%.

i will keep looking around.. is it taking you to candy crush in the app store?

looks like there are many bulk ad networks sending out this stuff, most of it seems to target safari, maybe give chrome a try in the meantime? from what I am reading this is rather common and not likely to stop all together. I know its not coming from google adsense, which leaves pulsepoint as my other ad network, and they are a bulk buy/sell network, so if anything is sliding by on my site, its from those guys.. if you can gather anything about the ad network link or anything let me know so I can block it from those guys.. sadly there isnt a "stop shady links from sneaking into the ad network" button in their account settings..

definitely dont want that crap on the site here..

Archived