My Mock v.1.0

1. Do you mean Brad Roby?  Fuller goes to Va Tech and is a mid 2 prospect.

2. Who?  I don't see him on any prospect list.

3. Can he catch?  He has 10 career receptions and none this year.

4. Ok

5. He's a second round prospect on most boards.

6. ok

7. ok

Just looked into Marcus Smith.  I hadn't heard of him either but color me now completely intrigued.  Yet another one of these guys who look like they might be a nice hybrid LB rusher to give us some more pressure.  Looks like he's got good speed and agility.  NFLDraftscout has him at #81 overall right now but sounds like he's rising. 

1. Do you mean Brad Roby?  Fuller goes to Va Tech and is a mid 2 prospect.
2. Who?  I don't see him on any prospect list.
3. Can he catch?  He has 10 career receptions and none this year.
4. Ok
5. He's a second round prospect on most boards.
6. ok
7. ok

Skov is the 2014 version of Chase Daniels, he's going to run a slow 40 time and slide in the draft. As for Williams catching ability, he ran for over 2,000 yards so he didn't get many opportunities to catch the ball. How many times was he targeted is a better question.

Andre Williams doesn't have a whole lot to his game.  Huge yardage stats, and he's big, but that's about it.  I think he'll be going in rd 4-5 at best, and I could see him falling all the way to the bottom or even out.

I look at Williams as a replacement for BJGE, he would be the ideal compliment to Gio, imo.

Just looked into Marcus Smith.  I hadn't heard of him either but color me now completely intrigued.  Yet another one of these guys who look like they might be a nice hybrid LB rusher to give us some more pressure.  Looks like he's got good speed and agility.  NFLDraftscout has him at #81 overall right now but sounds like he's rising. 

Smith is going to be a beast in the NFL and he would be a steal in the 2nd round. He's one of those guys who is just scratching the surface on his potential, imo. In his 3rd year at DE he had 14.5 sacks, was named AAC DPOY, and 2nd team All-American. He played QB in high school and LB as a freshman before getting moved to DE as a sophomore. If can add 10-15 lbs he could be a 3 down DE or he could be a DE/OLB right now.  Either way with Geathers and Johnson probably gone from this team in 2014 we could use another DE and I think he is a great prospect.

1. Kyle Fuller - CB VT
2. Marcus Smith - DE Louisville
3. Andre Williams -RB BC
4. Corey Linsley - C OSU
5. Shayne Skov - MLB Stanford
6. Casey Pachall - QB TCU
7. Ryan Hewitt - H-Back/FB/TE Standford

That's really solid. I think Fuller has the best instincts of the CB's I've watched and Pro size to boot.

I'm with the others up thread in thinking that Williams probably doesn't have the same type of success playing against NFL players as he did in college. He's the compliment type back the Bengals need but they can get a guy in lower rounds that does, essentially, the same thing. He's not fast or quick or patient or a receiving threat, he's big and got the ball handed to him A LOT. The only advantage he has (size) will be neutralized when he gets to the NFL. I'd take him in the 5th, maybe.

My man crush on Skov dates back to last years draft, before he returned to school. He'll probably go way higher. Slow or not the guy's a football player in the purest sense.

• 2 weeks later...

That's really solid. I think Fuller has the best instincts of the CB's I've watched and Pro size to boot.

I'm with the others up thread in thinking that Williams probably doesn't have the same type of success playing against NFL players as he did in college. He's the compliment type back the Bengals need but they can get a guy in lower rounds that does, essentially, the same thing. He's not fast or quick or patient or a receiving threat, he's big and got the ball handed to him A LOT. The only advantage he has (size) will be neutralized when he gets to the NFL. I'd take him in the 5th, maybe.

My man crush on Skov dates back to last years draft, before he returned to school. He'll probably go way higher. Slow or not the guy's a football player in the purest sense.

Andre Williams is said to have 4.4/40 type of speed, if he runs a 4.4 in the 40 at the combine he will be drafted in the first 3 rounds.

As for Skov, there are plenty of uber productive LB's in college that just don't have the speed to play in the NFL and I think Skov fits that mold. Last year Chase Thomas, a LB/DE from Stanford,  was considered to be a early round draft pick but he showed he didn't have the speed that NFL teams covet in the combine and he wasn't drafted. I like Skov a lot too but I think a slow 40 time will hurt him in the draft process, every year productive but athletically challenged players fall in the draft. 

I really Fuller will be the best option for us at #24, if he last that long. 

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

1. Kyle Fuller CB - VT

2. Kareem Martin DE - UNC

3. Joel Bitonio OT/OG - Nevada

4. Andre Williams RB - BC

5. Kevin Pierre-Louis OLB - BC

6. Tahj Boyd QB - Clemson

7. Avery Williams MLB - Kentucky

revised for awesomeness!

1. Kyle Fuller CB VT

2, Kareem Martin DE UNC