Best place to watch if the game is blacked out

I cant swing the price for the tickets - sorry, just cant - so if there is a blackout I would like to drive someplace beyond the backout range to watch the game

Anyone got a favored public place (bar, bowling alley, restaurant, whatever) in mind for use in such a case? 

I live in Cincinnati. 

Looking at the blackout map, I am thinking Lousville or Columbus

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=0&msid=215781638106713847494.00000112b598d0083c2d4

Ok I'm curious, a single ticket is what slightly over 100? You going to go to a bar, you gonna eat? Drink? Think between gas to drive there and back, food, and drink that wont come close to 100?

I go to a bar on game days when the Browns are on and its about 30-40 bucks at most. That's with minimal gas. You also have to add in parking at the game and eating there.

Ok I'm curious, a single ticket is what slightly over 100? You going to go to a bar, you gonna eat? Drink? Think between gas to drive there and back, food, and drink that wont come close to 100?

Kinda my logic when I decided to get Sunday ticket a while back. I was going to a bar or BW3 and spending $$ every week. Saved money, more comfy and actually hear and record the game at home. Plus for a few bucks more get shortcuts which is fantastic !

Kinda my logic when I decided to get Sunday ticket a while back. I was going to a bar or BW3 and spending $$ every week. Saved money, more comfy and actually hear and record the game at home. Plus for a few bucks more get shortcuts which is fantastic !

Yeah that's exactly why I got Sunday Ticket as well, was spending waaay too much at the bar each week.

Yep...nothing else like it.

Since I live in Columbus, but will be driving to Cincinnati, I might recommend for those driving to Columbus from Cincinnati: The Crazee Mule Saloon. It is the home of Columbus Bengal Nation. Good inexpensive grub and suds, and numerous tellys.

This is ridiculous, It's just Tuesday. The freaking Green Bay Packers have just as many playoff tickets left as we do, and the Colts aren't too far back. The games will sell out. Chill the fuck out.

I dunno, 10,000 by tomorrow at 1pm is a lot to move.

It's going to take a business stepping up and buying a whole lot of publicity.

The only way I was able to afford tickets was some Christmas money. $190 for the pair, $35 for parking, $50-60 for tailgating food and alcohol, and probably add another $30 in the stadium.
I'm lucky that my oldest step-son isn't old enough to come with us or we are looking at $400+.

I can see why they are having some trouble selling out.

The nfl needs to change the blackout rule or tweak it somehow. Maybe a $5 charge for games that aren't sold out?

The nfl needs to change the blackout rule or tweak it somehow. Maybe a $5 charge for games that aren't sold out?

legally people can't be charged for local tv coverage.  CBS/Fox/ABC/NBC are "free television" that the FCC requires them not to charge for.  

Something certainly needs to change, but that isn't gonna happen.

As I mentioned earlier, I think a big issue is that public tickets didn't go on sale until 4 days before Christmas, and even then you couldn't buy tickets for JUST ONE playoff game until Christmas Day.  From 12/21-12/25 you had to buy two games worth of tickets, the second game of which likely won't be played in PBS.  

It's just a flawed system based on not only the timetable, but the requirements.

Archived