!!!THE CHARGERS @ BENGALS WILDCARD GAME THREAD!!!

Shayne may have scored 14 points last weekend but this weekend he missed two FG's from 45 & 48.  I'm starting to think that the Bengals curse extends to him also...  By the way he did have a very nice onside kick.  Those two missed FGs may not have been the only problem the Saints were experiencing on that day but it certainly didn't help any way a person wants to cut it.  At least it wasn't a 28 or 35 yard FG attempt...

In all fairness...

http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2014/01/new_orleans_saints_vs_seattle_11.html

THE WEATHER

It was said all along this would be a factor. And most pundits believed the strong winds and rain favored the run-first Seahawks.  Looks like they were right.

The Saints were playing into the wind during the first quarter, and they didn't seem to be having much success. First, Thomas Morstead badly shanked a punt as he bobbled the snap, resulting in a 16-yarder (the wind would affect the Seahawks' punter too in the second quarter).

Then kicker Shayne Graham missed a 45-yard field goal into the wind, just barely pushing it wide. Graham also missed a 48-yarder into swirling winds late in the fourth quarter.

"With the wind, they definitely weren't easy kicks to make," said a somber Graham after the game. "But that's my job. I'll never make an excuse for that. It hurts to not make those when we could definitely use the points in that situation. It's just one of those you've got to buck up and do your best. ...

"If you're out there, you know that it gusted at different times, so it was always kind of different and blowing in different directions. But you know, I could lay all these excuses out there, but I'll never be one to let that be my defining moment, that I gave an excuse on something I didn't perform on."

It looked like the Saints would get a reprieve when they played with the wind in the second quarter. But instead it just seemed to affect Drew Brees' passes.

Brees attempted a pass to Lance Moore that sailed over Moore's head. His next pass to Josh Hill floated in and out of Hill's hands. His third pass of the series was dropped.

Saints coach Sean Payton said the Saints, who were down by eight points with 3:56 left, didn't think about going for it on fourth down when Graham attempted his second field goal. Payton said because the Saints were facing fourth-and-15, he didn't consider it.

Shayne may have scored 14 points last weekend but this weekend he missed two FG's from 45 & 48.  I'm starting to think that the Bengals curse extends to him also...  By the way he did have a very nice onside kick.  Those two missed FGs may not have been the only problem the Saints were experiencing on that day but it certainly didn't help any way a person wants to cut it.  At least it wasn't a 28 or 35 yard FG attempt...

The problem with the Saints is they played a better team on the road.  Shayne's FGs didn't help but the Seahawks basically gave up that late TD to burn the clock which they did.   

• 2 weeks later...

OFFENSE

QUARTERBACK

Snaps Pct.

Andy Dalton 81 100%

Josh Johnson DNP  

RUNNING BACK

Snaps Pct.

Giovani Bernard 67 83%

BenJarvus Green-Ellis 14 17%

Domata Peko 3 4%

Cedric Peerman 0 0%

TIGHT END

Snaps Pct.

Jermaine Gresham 78 96%

Tyler Eifert 3 4%

Alex Smith DNP  

Orson Charles 7 9%

WIDE RECEIVER

Snaps Pct.

A.J. Green 77 95%

Mohamed Sanu 31 77%

Marvin Jones 62 38%

Andrew Hawkins 51 63%

Brandon Tate 0 0%

Dane Sanzenbacher DNP  

Ryan Whalen DNP  

OFFENSIVE LINE

Snaps Pct.

Kyle Cook 81 100%

Andre Smith 81 100%

Andrew Whitworth 81 100%

Anthony Collins 81 100%

Mike Pollak 30 37%

Kevin Zeitler 51 63%

Trevor Robinson 0 0%

Dennis Roland 12 15%

Tanner Hawkinson DNP  

DEFENSE

DEFENSIVE END

Snaps Pct.

Michael Johnson 52 91%

Carlos Dunlap 49 86%

Wallace Gilberry 27 47%

Margus Hunt 4 7%

DEFENSIVE TACKLE

Snaps Pct.

Domata Peko 49 86%

Brandon Thompson 43 75%

Christo Bilukidi 1 2%

LINEBACKER

Snaps Pct.

Vontaze Burfict 56 98%

Rey Maualuga 47 82%

James Harrison 24 42%

Vinnie Rey 3 5%

Jayson DiManche 0 0%

Michael Boley 11 19%

J.K Schaffer 0 0%

CORNERBACK

Snaps Pct.

Terence Newman DNP  

Adam Jones 56 98%

Dre Kirkpatrick 54 95%

Brandon Ghee 0 0%

SAFETY

Snaps Pct. Reggie Nelson 55 96%

George Iloka 55 96%

Chris Crocker 41 72%

Shawn Williams 0 0%

http://www.cincyjungle.com/chargers-bengals-2013-playoffs/2014/1/6/5279454/bengals-vs-chargers-bengals-snap-distribution

Archived