The Bengals will pick at #24

Jason

Barring a trade.

Also I think we will get 2 comp picks in the round 5 to 6 range.

We need a LT if Collins is not re-signed, a cb because we are old here, a defensive end if MJ goes, a better #3 wr, a better more complete power back and someone who can return kicks.

We need a LT if Collins is not re-signed, a cb because we are old here, a defensive end if MJ goes, a better #3 wr, a better more complete power back and someone who can return kicks.

LT: If we lose AC, I think the line goes back to Whit-Bolling next year.  I'm not saying that's the best option, I just think it's most likely.  If we lose AC I think it is more likely that we go LG early than LT.

CB: Agree 100%

DE: Agree 100%

WR: I think we are ok at #3 between Hawkins and Sanu.  I want more Hawkins next year though.

RB: Agree 100%

KR: Agree, but unless Tate is a free agent I think he is back.

LT: If we lose AC, I think the line goes back to Whit-Bolling next year.  I'm not saying that's the best option, I just think it's most likely.  If we lose AC I think it is more likely that we go LG early than LT.
CB: Agree 100%
DE: Agree 100%
WR: I think we are ok at #3 between Hawkins and Sanu.  I want more Hawkins next year though.
RB: Agree 100%
KR: Agree, but unless Tate is a free agent I think he is back.

If we lose Collins I could see them keeping Whit at Lt and drafting his future replacement to sit and learn a year. Taking Collins' spot essentially.

I saw we were picking at #24 today.  It almost certainly has to be a CB.  My top 3 CB's are:

Darqueze Dennard, Michigan State.  5'11" 197 Lbs.  59 Tackles, 10 passes defended and 4 Int's.

(I think he'll be long gone by the time we pick!)

Justin Gilbert, Oklahoma State.  6'0" 200 Lbs.  40 Tackles, 7 passes defended and 6 Int's.

(If we're lucky, he's still there!)  If so, he's my pick for the Bengals!  

Jason Verrett, TCU.  5'10" 176 Lbs.  38 Tackles, 14 passes defended and 2 Int's.  

(I know his number of Int's seem low @2 but he had a few more defended and if he were

better at actually "Catching them, instead of knocking them down, he'd be a WR  :25: )

I work in management at Amazon.com so needless to say along with my daily 3 hour commute

to and from work, all I've been doing since the week before Thanksgiving up until this past 

weekend is Sleeping, driving, working, driving then Sleeping again but I've been trying to put

together somewhat of a 4 round mock draft for the Bengals.  I'll try to post it later tonight!  :)

I saw we were picking at #24 today.  It almost certainly has to be a CB.  My top 3 CB's are:

Darqueze Dennard, Michigan State.  5'11" 197 Lbs.  59 Tackles, 10 passes defended and 4 Int's.

(I think he'll be long gone by the time we pick!)

Justin Gilbert, Oklahoma State.  6'0" 200 Lbs.  40 Tackles, 7 passes defended and 6 Int's.

(If we're lucky, he's still there!)  If so, he's my pick for the Bengals!  

Jason Verrett, TCU.  5'10" 176 Lbs.  38 Tackles, 14 passes defended and 2 Int's.  

(I know his number of Int's seem low @2 but he had a few more defended and if he were

better at actually "Catching them, instead of knocking them down, he'd be a WR  :25: )

I work in management at Amazon.com so needless to say along with my daily 3 hour commute

to and from work, all I've been doing since the week before Thanksgiving up until this past 

weekend is Sleeping, driving, working, driving then Sleeping again but I've been trying to put

together somewhat of a 4 round mock draft for the Bengals.  I'll try to post it later tonight!   :)

While I think we would take CB if there is a guy in round 1 available that we like, I'm not convinced it is a real "need" and it could be more of a "want."

There is a great chance that Leon Hall is back as the #1 guy. Pacman, Newman and Dre K. is a really solid group of #2 through #4 CBs.

Newman will be gone before 2015...ok, so what? Draft a CB round 1 in the 2015 draft to replace him.

We don't HAVE to have 5 good CBs in 2014.  We don't HAVE to have a replacement lined up a year early just because one of our top 4 CBs will possibly retire. 

Everyone acting like we absolutely MUST take a CB in round 1. Are you guys assuming that Leon Hall is just finished? 

While I think we would take CB if there is a guy in round 1 available that we like, I'm not convinced it is a real "need" and it could be more of a "want."

There is a great chance that Leon Hall is back as the #1 guy. Pacman, Newman and Dre K. is a really solid group of #2 through #4 CBs.

Newman will be gone before 2015...ok, so what? Draft a CB round 1 in the 2015 draft to replace him.

We don't HAVE to have 5 good CBs in 2014.  We don't HAVE to have a replacement lined up a year early just because one of our top 4 CBs will possibly retire. 

Everyone acting like we absolutely MUST take a CB in round 1. Are you guys assuming that Leon Hall is just finished? 

Hopefully Hall will be back to form.  But that's not guaranteed.  Adam will turn 31 early next year, and Dre is still inconsistent.

Newman will be 36 sometime around week 1 next year.  As Nate Clemments demonstrated last year CBs can age really fast.  

I liked both guys as possible Bengals. Ifo in round 1. Hill somewhere in the 3 to 5 range. 

Ditto.

Too much uncertainty at a position that is just too important.

Archived