TWC wi-fi issues.

Jason

I have Time Warner Cable internet service, Extreme tier.  I am using a Motorola modem from Best Buy, the top level modem recommended for that level of service.

The computer I have connected by ethernet to the modem never has issues.  But my phone, pad and laptop, connecting by wi-fi always have issues.  I need to reset the modem usually at least once a day.  I also have an extender that I use to boost the signal.  The modem is up stairs at one end of the house, and the wi-fi users are most often downstairs at the other end of the house.  But I don't think that is the issue.  After I reset the modem everything works fine.  All the equipment is Apple (iPhone, iPad and Mac Book Pro, and Mac Pro).

Does anyone else have wi-fi issues where they need to re-boot their modem daily to get it to work properly?

How old is that modem?

The only time I have that kind of issue is if the modem or the router is going south.  Just recently had my Netgear take a dump with very similar behavior... 

A couple of months.

I've had this problem in two scenarios.  One when a modem/router was going bad...in that case it was an older unit anyway so I just replaced it, no problem.  Two, I seem to have this occassionally with TWC and just manually reset it.  Scenario 2 is pretty rare so I haven't been any more proactive.

However, I have talked to others that seem to have this problem a bit more recurring, and they've simply setup their device to reboot/reset itself on a daily basis overnight.  Might be a bandaid, might do some good anyway since it always seems faster when it's freshly reset anyway.

I've had this problem in two scenarios.  One when a modem/router was going bad...in that case it was an older unit anyway so I just replaced it, no problem.  Two, I seem to have this occassionally with TWC and just manually reset it.  Scenario 2 is pretty rare so I haven't been any more proactive.

However, I have talked to others that seem to have this problem a bit more recurring, and they've simply setup their device to reboot/reset itself on a daily basis overnight.  Might be a bandaid, might do some good anyway since it always seems faster when it's freshly reset anyway.

I should not have to do that though.  I am wondering if there is an issue with my service from TWC.  I did not have the issue this frequently when I had Century Link DSL, but I switched to TWC because of the greater speed they offer.

How many wifi devices do u have. I decided to hard wire my house for similar issues. But there would be 15-20 devices on wifi at once. And it caused issues.

That was another possibility, but as Go said you'd need 15+ devices connected at the same time for it to really be an issue.

Archived