Dalton is the man?

Bullshit. They got tired of Farve saying he was thinking about retiring every year, and trying to hold the team hostage. But, you like making your own history, so continue on.

You're wrong. Their GM and Farve did not see eye to eye, it was well known.

Actually, it was both of these. Farve was playing a game and they knew what they had on Rogers and it was time to stop his game play.

So your answer to Andy sux is that Christian Ponder may have faired better throwing it 51 times yesterday? Game management starts at the gameplan and the play calls. With the laundry list of shitty QBs we've had through the years and we've seen neaeby with the browns, Youd think we wouldn't be so anxious to run this guy out of town, but rather to get more out of him.

There is nothing more to get out of Andy "Disappointing" Dalton. After three seasons we know what we have, a guy who is good enough to get you to the playoffs but shrinks in the spotlight.

This!!

And that is what we have, There will be a time when they come against a team that is going to score on this defense, a game manager isn't going to win that game. This teams offense has improved every year, now in the top 10.  Let us not forget the WRs are all 3yrs or less experience.

Maybe. But I would contend that Trent Difer in his heyday would have had a chance to win the SB with this team.

Nothing personal, but you've obviously never been an effective leader of men. There's a time to break shit down and deconstruct what went wrong. 10 minutes after a season ending loss is probably THE worst time to berate a guy. Like it or not, the Bengals are stuck with Andy Dalton as their quarterback. Breaking his confidence is not a great idea. He's heard that he can't get it done in the playoffs a million times and will probably hear it a million more before training camp starts. Knowing that the coaching staff still believes in him is a big deal.
I guarantee you that as bad as you feel about Andy Dalton's performance Sunday, he feels worse. What could POSSIBLY be good about Marvin Lewis shitting on the guy right now?

A leader of men knows when to kick someone in the tail or when to hold their hand. None of us know what would be the best path for Andy. Sometimes you must do both.

There is nothing more to get out of Andy "Disappointing" Dalton. After three seasons we know what we have, a guy who is good enough to get you to the playoffs but shrinks in the spotlight.

For the record Peytons first three playoff games he had ratings of 62, 82, and 31. Didnt have a game in the 90s till his 4th game in his 5th season. Flacco 59,89,18, 10, 48. No game over 90 until his 6th playoff game. 

This does not mean that dalton is going to follow in those guys footsteps, but his playoff career will likely still have an opportunity to be redefined. Hopeufully he improves like several others have in the past. For the record, doesnt mean I think he will, just that its definitely a possibility.

QBs are rarely defined by what they do in their first three seasons.

Now if we can get an upgrade, id be all for it, but its going to be tough to do.

For the record Peytons first three playoff games he had ratings of 62, 82, and 31. Didnt have a game in the 90s till his 4th game in his 5th season. Flacco 59,89,18, 10, 48. No game over 90 until his 6th playoff game. 

This does not mean that dalton is going to follow in those guys footsteps, but his playoff career will likely still have an opportunity to be redefined. Hopeufully he improves like several others have in the past. For the record, doesnt mean I think he will, just that its definitely a possibility.

QBs are rarely defined by what they do in their first three seasons.

Now if we can get an upgrade, id be all for it, but its going to be tough to do.

how about AJ McCarron in round 2 or 3

Maybe, but i dont see these coaches benching dalton unless they have another guy that they are pretty damn confident can take his place and be better than him. A second or third round qb likely isnt guaranteed to be better.

Only way I see dalton not starting next year is if a top notch QB falls to them at 24, or wherever they are drafting, or if a better guy comes available via FA or trade. Neither all that likely.

Maybe, but i dont see these coaches benching dalton unless they have another guy that they are pretty damn confident can take his place and be better than him. A second or third round qb likely isnt guaranteed to be better.

Only way I see dalton not starting next year is if a top notch QB falls to them at 24, or wherever they are drafting, or if a better guy comes available via FA or trade. Neither all that likely.

totally agree with you here but they need someone to push Dalton and someone like McCarron is from a winning program with a very good arm...let Dalton play next year and if he stinks it up dump him...

totally agree with you here but they need someone to push Dalton and someone like McCarron is from a winning program with a very good arm...let Dalton play next year and if he stinks it up dump him...

Im not against that, but I think a lot of people want him replaced now.

Chances are once the anger from this game subsides, and we start to see potential options, something like you said above is going to be the best option.

Maybe. But I would contend that Trent Difer in his heyday would have had a chance to win the SB with this team.

Because he did it so many times? He won a Super Bowl with one of the greatest defenses of all time AND a 2000 yard running back.

These Bengals are good, but they aren't the 2000 Ravens.

If you take away Dilfer's 7-1 year with the Ravens, he had a career record of 51-54. How much did the Ravens love him? They replaced his ass with Elvis Grbac the next season. Color me "un-sold".

A leader of men knows when to kick someone in the tail or when to hold their hand. None of us know what would be the best path for Andy. Sometimes you must do both.

Agreed. Again, though, the aftermath of a crushing loss would never be the time to destroy your team leader.

Perfect.

A.J. McCarron is a great candidate to come in and backup. Yes, if Dalton were to 'stink it up' maybe McCarron could become the guy. Understand, though, that if Dalton's trend of improvement continues, he'll throw for around 4600 yards next year with 39 touchdowns.

Of course, his numbers project about 24 picks, too. Lol

Jamie, you know I like you. But your insistence on playing the " the Dense One" does occasionally get irritating.

Regardless of history and who is right or wrong on it, what does any of that have to do with where Rodgers was taken?

Perfect.

A.J. McCarron is a great candidate to come in and backup. Yes, if Dalton were to 'stink it up' maybe McCarron could become the guy. Understand, though, that if Dalton's trend of improvement continues, he'll throw for around 4600 yards next year with 39 touchdowns.

Of course, his numbers project about 24 picks, too. Lol

Really all Dalton needs to do to become elite is stop turning the ball over as much. Too bad it is easier said than done!

I just read on ESPN that Dalton stated he was told that he is the man.

Thoughts/feelings?

My first thought: We don't have enough Dalton threads already?  :)

My second thought: Regardless of what we think, the coaches think he is the man, so is there any point in debating it anymore?

Bengals Fanatic, first of all, I can almost guarantee I've led more men (and women) than you have in my lifetime given my career.  But let's not make this personal.  It's one thing to not kick a guy when he's down.  It's quite another to tell him his choke job of a performance has absolutely no consequences and ensure him that no matter how poorly he does his job there will be zero consequences.  It's the same thing Lewis gets from Brown:  no matter how bad you screw up, we will continue to support you.  That's not going to move this team forward.  Only the Bengals and their beaten down fans would put up with this year after year failure.  And it's not just failure, it's repeating the same mistakes over and over.  Dalton needs to be told in no uncertain terms that his performance was unsatisfactory and that he is not guaranteed to be the franchise QB of the future.  When I read that Dalton actually said "that's what I wanted to hear", I about threw up in my mouth.  Dalton should NOT want to hear that.  He shouldn't need a shoulder to cry on.  He should want to be told he did a poor job and to get better.  And everything else put aside, that attitude will never make him a better QB.  People need to be told that they are in need of improvement or they get complacent.  You don't need to berate the guy, but to praise and reassure him after that abomination is just stupid.

With the talent on this team, those guys may be better than you give them credit for. All the Bengals really need a game manager.

Disagree. Dalton could be a game manager. Him throwing 50 passes is a coaching issue. Rivers only threw 16 and the game wasnt out of hand until the end. Rivers is a really good QB and yet his coaches asked him to game manage. His oline protected him and let the RBs destroy our dline.

Also note that Dalton always refers to Lewis as "Marvin", never coach or Coach Lewis.  This relationship is too friendly...

...Regular season numbers are great.  But if you can't even come close to winning a playoff game in the NFL, you're just a distraction and a detriment.  

The current situation with the Bengals is remarkably similar to how the situation with the Reds had become this past season:  a team that seemed to be in good shape at every position and that was picked by some to win a championship, a manager that was reportedly too much of a "players' manager", and following up excellent regular seasons with post-season collapses.

Archived