Dalton is the man?

[quote name="Big Alice" post="1325153" timestamp
Of course, his numbers project about 24 picks, too. Lol[/quote]

I believe his picks go down a lot next season. I'd say at least a 3rd could be put on the offense being complicated and confusion between the QB and WR. A few were good balls that the WR didn't catch or didn't fight for. Stuff like that is fixable. Of course a lot of them were terrible and his mistakes.

The coaches need to take some pressure off of him. Look at how many pass attempts Kaep and Wilson have a game. Dalton is asked to do a lot here dispite having such a good defense.

Not sure id go that far, but definitely next year.

Unless some cant miss/cant pass opportunity comes up, but they rarely do for teams drafting in the 20s. And there are also rarely free agent QBs that are top 10 qbs.

They took him in the 2nd, Aaron Rodgers(I know its not typical) went late in the first.  Its not out of the question.  Certainly, far crazier things have happened in the draft. 

I believe his picks go down a lot next season. I'd say at least a 3rd could be put on the offense being complicated and confusion between the QB and WR. A few were good balls that the WR didn't catch or didn't fight for. Stuff like that is fixable. Of course a lot of them were terrible and his mistakes.

The coaches need to take some pressure off of him. Look at how many pass attempts Kaep and Wilson have a game. Dalton is asked to do a lot here dispite having such a good defense.

For me, it doesn't matter, how many picks weren't his fault during the regular season.  What happened in the postseason wasn't an accident.  Its been the story of Dalton and this offense all year long.  I have said, over the past month or so, I have softened my stance on hate for Dalton.  However, the display i witnessed yesterday from him is enough to push the needle back towards my orginial thought about him.  Say what you will about was it Dalton's fault Gio fumbled in the red zone.....blah blah blah.....bottom line is, the kid(Gio), made minimal mistakes all year and he is a rookie playing in his first real big game.  That doesn't excuse it, but it certainly is more tolerable than a third year quarterback making the same mistakes over and over again.  If the dude turned the ball over during the regular season a reasonable amount of times(12-14) or won some meaningful(playoff) games then he would have some equity built up just like, manning, who I believe was mentioned in some other threads about turning the ball over three times in last year's playoffs.  Guess what, he is Peyton Manning, he is allowed.  He has build the necessary equity in this league to do so.  Dalton has not.  They better think long and hard about some competition for him or the window of relevance for this franchise will drop twice as fast as it went up. 

All we hear all season long from Marvin n co is how there are no excuses. Well...

Good point; at the beginning of the season all we heard was we will go as far as Andy will take us. Andy has shown that he doesn't have what it takes to win a SuperBowl or even a playoff game. Zimmer's defense won't be around to bail Andy & Gruden out for too much longer.

Good point; at the beginning of the season all we heard was we will go as far as Andy will take us. Andy has shown that he doesn't have what it takes to win a SuperBowl or even a playoff game. Zimmer's defense won't be around to bail Andy & Gruden out for too much longer.

Some of you guys act like no qbs ever improve, or get better in big games after their first 3 seasons.

Manning sucked dick in the playoffs till his 5th year.

Does that mean dalton is manning? No. Does that mean we shouldnt consider a replacement if a good opportunity comes up? No.

But to say like it is certain that dalton will never win in the playoffs is kind of silly. Fans have said that in the past about both mannings, flacco, etc though. All guys that ended up winning a super bowl. 

"We'll continue to win big games," Lewis said. 

Really? How about STARTING by winning ONE fucking big game?

What's been bothering me about these recent articles and pressers with both Dalton and Marvin is the amount of hubris involved. It's as if they know there's no way they'd ever be replaced!

Hmmm....

:39:

Some of you guys act like no qbs ever improve, or get better in big games after their first 3 seasons.

Manning sucked dick in the playoffs till his 5th year.

In the early years of Manning's career he didn't have the supporting cast Andy Dalton has right now, especially on defense.

What's been bothering me about these recent articles and pressers with both Dalton and Marvin is the amount of hubris involved. It's as if they know there's no way they'd ever be replaced!

Hmmm....

Listen to the motherfuckers even on here defending them. They probably will be here for fucking life.

Hmmm....

Green Bay, Pittsburgh, New England, San Diego (must win at home for them at the time), Baltimore (must win for them to get into the playoffs) Detroit (hot team at home at the time), Indy weren't big time wins?

Green Bay, Pittsburgh, New England, San Diego (must win at home for them at the time), Baltimore (must win for them to get into the playoffs) Detroit (hot team at home at the time), Indy weren't big time wins?

Weren't we bitching last year that we couldn't beat a playoff caliber team or one with a winning record? This year we were 4-0 against playoff teams and 8-0 at home. Both improvements, right?

In the early years of Manning's career he didn't have the supporting cast Andy Dalton has right now, especially on defense.

So, what about last year? Is it okay he lost last year even though he had the number 2 defense? He made the same amount of turnovers with less attempts than Andy's playoff game this year. Also, Denver had a punt return for a TD and a kick return for a TD. One of his turnovers was also a pick 6. This is also with a team who won without him just a year before.

Obviously Andy didn't play well but I refuse to believe he's the only problem with this team in big games. They all looked like dog shit... except BJGE, but we didn't get to see him in the 2nd half. Marvin Jones played well too. The defense went from being a monster at home to looking weak. SD would have scored more but they were perfectly happy running all over the defense and controlling the clock, you know.. good playoff management.

Don't compare Dalton to P. Manning.  Just don't.

I'm not comparing them. They're completely different players. Manning is a one of a kind franchise QB. Just adding some perspective to the circle jerk.

Don't compare Dalton to P. Manning.  Just don't.

In how many seasons has Aaron Rodgers won a playoff game? 2.

The point that's being made is that the litmus test for "good quarterback" is fucking broken. Peyton Manning's reputation for being "unable to win big games" lasted for ten years - all the way back to his days at Tennessee.

One last thing to get off my chest...

Stop with the "3 horrible performances" crap. In '11, the Bengals could have played the Texans 10 times and not beaten them. The Bengals were average at best and rode a BS schedule into the playoffs. If memory serves, they didn't beat a single team that had a winning record. I can't name a Bengal that had a good game that day. Arian Foster ran all over them and it was J.J. Watt's coming out party.

Since it's obvious that there's no intention to scale back the offense, Andy Dalton has got to play more consistently. The idea of taking three steps back with a rookie or journeyman free agent is silly.

Stop with the 3 horrible performances because he was playing against a supposedly better team? Like that wipes away his shitty performance because it was a GOOD TEAM??? So whenever he plays a good team and loses, we can just fucking excuse it??? LOL. HOLY FUCK THAT IS STUPID

The Chargers hardly qualify as a good team.  And the Charger defense was criticized for not being able to produce any turnovers.  Yet, there was Dalton serving up turnovers on a silver platter for them.  If anything, the Chargers were far and away the worst playoff team...well, besides a Dalton led Bengals team.  This Chargers team struggled and needed a bad call to get past the KC reserves.  And in 2011, the Texans had a rookie 3rd string QB starting who had better numbers than Dalton.  Yet, somehow, that QB isn't even in the discussion as an option for a 2 win team.  Yet, Dalton is the Bengals franchise QB?  Don't even think of excusing Dalton's play with "those were tough teams".  Is that you, Marvin?

Even given his advanced age, is there a single Bengals fan that wouldn't trade Dalton for Peyton Manning right now?

Stop with the 3 horrible performances because he was playing against a supposedly better team? Like that wipes away his shitty performance because it was a GOOD TEAM??? So whenever he plays a good team and loses, we can just fucking excuse it??? LOL. HOLY FUCK THAT IS STUPID

Almost as stupid as throwing some red-assed fit and calling for his head whenever they lose

In how many seasons has Aaron Rodgers won a playoff game? 2.

The point that's being made is that the litmus test for "good quarterback" is fucking broken. Peyton Manning's reputation for being "unable to win big games" lasted for ten years - all the way back to his days at Tennessee.

One last thing to get off my chest...

Stop with the "3 horrible performances" crap. In '11, the Bengals could have played the Texans 10 times and not beaten them. The Bengals were average at best and rode a BS schedule into the playoffs. If memory serves, they didn't beat a single team that had a winning record. I can't name a Bengal that had a good game that day. Arian Foster ran all over them and it was J.J. Watt's coming out party.

Since it's obvious that there's no intention to scale back the offense, Andy Dalton has got to play more consistently. The idea of taking three steps back with a rookie or journeyman free agent is silly.

There is a bit of an eye test as well. I watch Andy Dalton he looks lost and rattled very often. These other guys, even when turning it over don't.

Archived