Finally ordered it... new macbook pro...(GOT IT!)

Each Android phone I get is better than the last.

Actually you are lucky. US carriers bog down the os with proprietary apps and software. And the general consumer maxes out the internal memory and crash them. But the biggest problem is the play store lets you download garbage.

Ordered it today. Went with the base high end machine, but maxed the GPUs. Reviews said RAM and CPU upgrades should be easy, but the GPU situation might be a little tricky.

I saw someone at CES was showcasing a 28" 4K monitor for $800. That could be very tempting.

Yes it tapes normal desktop ram. Which is amazing honestly with the way the mbpr has gone. And dell is doing a 28" 4k for $699. Made a thread. No one seemed to care but me. I was stoked tho. Comes out in two weeks.

The ram upgradeability almost makes the Mac Pro doable at some point. Now I just need to convince myself of some sort of "need"...

cool man.. enjoy

It's crazy how a computer can make us get excited, but they do.

Mine is going on 3 already and seeing this makes me want a new one.

Not in the budget though...The great thing about these is when I do decide, mine will still be worth a decent amount.

cool man.. enjoy

It's crazy how a computer can make us get excited, but they do.

Mine is going on 3 already and seeing this makes me want a new one.

Not in the budget though...The great thing about these is when I do decide, mine will still be worth a decent amount.

I can vouch for that. I bought a refurbished macbook pro, 5 years ago, paid $1579.00....and sold it for roughly half that...I did up the ram and HDD along the way, but i had planned that anyway from the beginning...

in 5 years i will be able to get a grand for this one if not more...

What I can tell you long before it even arrives is that it's not the most backward friendly machine ever. Looks like I'm going to need a portable SuperDrive for some DVDROM software Suites, a FireWire 800 to Thunderbolt cable for my storage drive, and an HDMI to MiniDisplay cable for my second monitor...

On a different note: I haven't paid attention to my TimeMachine backups as they relate to transferring to a new computer (since I haven't bought a new computer in years). Is there a setup for TimeMachine so it backs up all files and apps, but doesn't mess with backup up the operating system? I'd hate to taint the new machine's pristine Mavericks with years of updates, and new OS's that frankly have my current computer a little whacky.

this thing is wicked fast, I am going to dub some of the bengals games this evening, right now as a matter of fact. So i will know better then.

and i already love the airplay monitor mirroring with my tv.. showing the wife some things last night i tossed on the apple tv, hit mirror and was able to show her on the tv everything i was trying to explain..

it was awesome..

I charged the batter to full monday afternoon around 5... i have 62% left still... several hours of usage since then..

so nice..

• 2 weeks later...

I have to just share how happy I am with this machine.

the battery life is oustanding, and it charges just as fast as my iphone. it goes from 4% to 100% in about 50 minutes, and it lasts a full solid 6-7 hours (most of my work day) so i use it, the last hour im there i charge it and its 100% for at home..

and it loses virtually no power not being used.. i left it at 98% and didnt use it for over a day and it was still 98%..

i was scared dropping big money on the computer.. but i dont regret it a bit..

i am pondering some sort of coverage plan, but i dont know if i will pull the trigger or not..

I have to just share how happy I am with this machine.

the battery life is oustanding, and it charges just as fast as my iphone. it goes from 4% to 100% in about 50 minutes, and it lasts a full solid 6-7 hours (most of my work day) so i use it, the last hour im there i charge it and its 100% for at home..

and it loses virtually no power not being used.. i left it at 98% and didnt use it for over a day and it was still 98%..

i was scared dropping big money on the computer.. but i dont regret it a bit..

i am pondering some sort of coverage plan, but i dont know if i will pull the trigger or not..

I never buy an Apple computer without Apple Care.

Ever.

Or are you referring to some 3rd party insurance in case your kids destroy it?

I never buy an Apple computer without Apple Care.

Ever.

Or are you referring to some 3rd party insurance in case your kids destroy it?

I agree..

You're dropping $3000 on a laptop, I think $350 more  to be covered for 3 years isn't a bad deal.

If you never use it...great

But if you need it for something big, you will be happy you have it.

the computer sounds awesome though Go.

The battery life..I would kill for.

Mine is getting pretty bad. My battery health is down to like 60% and it will only last for 3 hours.

I can always plug in though, so I am waiting to shell out $130 for a battery.

i didnt do apple care, they are pretty lax about adding it later as long as you are within the 1 year range.. but i was pondering a 3rd party INSTEAD of apple care in case anything happens..

on the bright side, this thing will do GREAT looking for a new job when i likely get laid off in the next 60 days..(probably)

Archived