Slightly Way Too Early Mock Draft

yea I can't believe Skov is rated so low.  Can't all be injuries.  Healthy, he's a borderline first round guy to me.

I also really like Huff.  He's this year's Hamilton.  A potential future #2 who falls through the cracks.  Like Marvin Jones as well.  He reminds me of Golden Tate, minus the douchieness.

From what I understand Skov is kind of stiff and slow.

After the first day, getting our CB and no trade down, here's what I've got for a quick mock:

1. Darqueze Dennard, CB Michigan St.

2. Jack Mewhort, OT Ohio St.

3. Scott Crichton, DE Oregon St.

4. Terrance West, RB Towson

5. Aaron Murray, QB Georgia

Those round 3 and 5 picks are maybe some wishful thinking as both guys could go quite a bit earlier. 

I feel pretty good about the positions though as I think OL and DL are the spots we hit on Day 2 and then we start hitting the skill positions on offense hard on Day 3.

From what I understand Skov is kind of stiff and slow.

he looked a little stiff in 2013, but it sounds like he was playing injured.

He looks plenty fast in 2012 and early 2013.

This time last year I thought moselely looked stiff.  He pleasantly surprised me in pass coverage though in 2013.

After the first day, getting our CB and no trade down, here's what I've got for a quick mock:

1. Darqueze Dennard, CB Michigan St.

2. Jack Mewhort, OT Ohio St.

3. Scott Crichton, DE Oregon St.

4. Terrance West, RB Towson

5. Aaron Murray, QB Georgia

Those round 3 and 5 picks are maybe some wishful thinking as both guys could go quite a bit earlier. 

I feel pretty good about the positions though as I think OL and DL are the spots we hit on Day 2 and then we start hitting the skill positions on offense hard on Day 3.

I just don't think Mewhort is a LT in this league, which is what I'd want to go after.  Crichton will probably come off the board fast tonight.  He's the best DE left of a bad class.

I just don't think Mewhort is a LT in this league, which is what I'd want to go after.  Crichton will probably come off the board fast tonight.  He's the best DE left of a bad class.

I think you could say the same of any of the OTs who are likely to be available at 55. If any of them were high probability good LTs, they wouldn't be available at the end of round 2. Mewhort is a technician and reminds me a lot of Whitworth coming out of LSU. I think he is good enough to be a nice starter at LG as a rookie (if Boling is still out). He can also be the swing tackle, backing up both LT and RT. He's definitely not a guarantee to eventually develop into a LT, but I think he's a pretty sure bet to be a good starter somewhere on the line and give you a lot of versatility. 

In general, I think we are likely to take an OL in round 2 (at latest, round 3) and I would be a little surprised if its a guy who can't play some OT in a pinch. Because I don't think we want to go into the season with Newhouse as the only backup OT. 

Probably agree with you on Crichton. 3rd round is wishful thinking. He is the type of guy who sometimes falls a little since he isn't a physical freak and there are still a ton of talented DE and DTs left. But he's really good and I would be happy with him in round 2 (if he even makes it that far). It will be interested to see where he slots in vs. Ealy, Hageman, Tuitt, and guys like that. He has way more of a motor than those guys, but not quite the physical traits.

I think you could say the same of any of the OTs who are likely to be available at 55. If any of them were high probability good LTs, they wouldn't be available at the end of round 2. Mewhort is a technician and reminds me a lot of Whitworth coming out of LSU. I think he is good enough to be a nice starter at LG as a rookie (if Boling is still out). He can also be the swing tackle, backing up both LT and RT. He's definitely not a guarantee to eventually develop into a LT, but I think he's a pretty sure bet to be a good starter somewhere on the line and give you a lot of versatility. 

In general, I think we are likely to take an OL in round 2 (at latest, round 3) and I would be a little surprised if its a guy who can't play some OT in a pinch. Because I don't think we want to go into the season with Newhouse as the only backup OT. 

Probably agree with you on Crichton. 3rd round is wishful thinking. He is the type of guy who sometimes falls a little since he isn't a physical freak and there are still a ton of talented DE and DTs left. But he's really good and I would be happy with him in round 2 (if he even makes it that far). 

I think Whit played better against better competition.

I just look at the Clemson game for the ohio state linemen.  Dominant oline all year, but when they went up against the speed of clemson, they all struggled in pass pro.

DeMarcus Lawrence might go faster, and Ealy, but Crichton is up there. I like Clarke a lot - likely 3rd round.

yea I can't believe Skov is rated so low.  Can't all be injuries.  Healthy, he's a borderline first round guy to me.

I also really like Huff.  He's this year's Hamilton.  A potential future #2 who falls through the cracks.  Like Marvin Jones as well.  He reminds me of Golden Tate, minus the douchieness.

I don't think Skov is that high... I'm guessing mid-rounds.

I like his game quite a bit, but he's got an injury history and he had one or more off-field issues, too.

well I had Clarke, McCarron, Bodine, and Wilder at various points, and would have had Dennard if I thought he'd get that far.

But I guess that's bound to happen over the course of 14 mocks. :)  At least there seems to be a good sense of the type of guys the Bengals like.  

Archived