2014 Draft Notes

NFL announces 98 players (mostly underclassman) have been granted special eligibility for 2014 NFL draft http://sbn.to/KltUvh 

I saw somewhere that the number is actually 102, the 98 underclassmen plus 4 players who had graduated but still had eligibility left. The league didn't want to put out a number over a hundred so they broke out the graduates.

• 1 month later...

Bg2qIFDCUAEhrm_.png

The problem with a table like this is he is assuming the WR is always in exactly the right spot, or that a DB didn't have an impact on a timing route.

Nor does it differentiate long throws which are harder to be accurate on.

• 1 month later...

Here's my guess at Alexander's project.  I'll say he's drafted with one of the compensatory picks we just got....

‘Pugs’ Pughsley of Akron could be project-type player in NFL

Posted: March 24th, 2014 | Gil Brandt | Tags: Akron, Jarrod "Pugs" Pughsley, Reggie Corner

There were four NFL teams represented at Akron’s pro day on March 21, whn an offensive line prospect who could be a project-type player in the NFL was among the athletes who worked out indoors on FieldTurf.

Jarrod “Pugs” Pughsley, OL (6-foot-4 1/2, 308 pounds) — Pughsley ran the 40-yard dash in 5.29 and 5.32 seconds. He had a 30-inch vertical jump and a 9-foot broad jump. He did the short shuttle in 4.69 seconds and the three-cone drill in 8.20 seconds. Pughsley, who has 33 1/2-inch arms, performed 34 lifts of 225 pounds on the bench press.

Akron has not had a player drafted since 2008, when defensive back Reggie Corner was a fourth-round pick of the Buffalo Bills.

long been a Jerome Smith fan and he's a bruiser back you can probably get as late as the 5th round. Also has some speed to him.

I'm a huge 'Cuse homer but even I don't see him going in round five. I think with the whole RB devaluation going on, he was probably worth a five a couple years ago but he's probably a 6/7/FA. He would be a good late pickup but I wonder what his ST value is. I don't remember him on ST much here so he might not be a fit. Would definitely be able to handle short yardage and goal line situations and take a pounding though.

Archived