Would you be upset if....

Yeah.  Aaron Murray poops down his legs in big games.  We already have that.

Ok... Insert the name of the QB you would take in the second round to develop just in case Andy shits his pants again...

I have been an Andy supporter, but this team needs to make a decision.... If you keep Andy clean he plays great if you don't he shits his pants...

The either need to get the offensive line to play near perfect or get a QB that can improvise...

Zach Mettenberger sounds the best to me at the moment.  I just saw he was arrested back in the day, though.

Andy won't have to poop his pants if we get Hyde though.  Just give the ball to Gio and him 30 times a game.

Yes. I would not be upset with Hyde but would be with Murray. I like him as a QB but he should not be consider at any point before the 4th round.

I think if you are going to get anyone worth anything to develop in case bad Andy shows up you will have to get them before the fourth round.... And if Andy does turn it around what's wrong with having a solid backup that can step in if Andy gets hurt?

I think if you are going to get anyone worth anything to develop in case bad Andy shows up you will have to get them before the fourth round.... And if Andy does turn it around what's wrong with having a solid backup that can step in if Andy gets hurt?

While I don't think a QB should be drafted in the first couple rounds, that's not why I would be against Murray. I just don't think Murray is worth a second or third round pick. I would be perfectly fine with taking him in the forth or fifth. If they do go QB early, I just think there is better options.

This exactly.

Yeah. I don't see RB as anywhere near a first round need. Gio is going to get young Ray Rice type touches which will only leave about 10 carries a game for another RB. You don't spend a 1st (and probably not a 2nd either) on a backup RB. That is what the mid rounds are for and this is a deep RB draft so I see no reason to reach.

I wouldn't mind a 2nd round QB, but I would be pretty surprised if that is what the Bengals do. If the bengals do go QB early, I don't like the idea of a lower upside guy like Murray who is limited physically at least as much as Andy is. I would consider somebody like Mettenberger or maybe one of the small school guys like Garopolo.

Murray would be an okay 4th or 5th rounder as a cheap backup option but I don't really see him as a long term answer as a franchise QB in the NFL. His upside seems to be Jon Kitna, but just my opinion.

Hyde is a 2nd round pick, at best and Murray is a backup QB in the NFL. I don't think those would be two good first round picks. Either a CB or DE in the first two rounds, preferably CB in the first and DE in the second round. Even if Collins isn't re-signed we can move Whit back to OT and let either Pollack or Boling play OG. 

Archived