Who are you watching? 2014

I'd have to watch more of him, but Charles Sims reminds me of Joseph Randle from last year.

Sims is a bigger and better version of Randle. Doesn't look as stiff in the hips and does't go down as easily on first contact. If you want to compare him with someone, look at Matt Forte of the Chicago Bears.

Also, check out a guy from Western Kentucky who impressed at the senior bowl, name is Antonio Andrews. He's a combination of BJGE brute strength and Gio versatility. We could have him in rounds 5-6. He's in my latest mock in the "way too early mock draft" thread.

Tre Mason, Auburn - best playmaker in the draft

Carlos Hyde, Ohio State - best power back in the draft

Lache Seastrunk, Baylor - Hyde's size and power gives him a slight edge over Seastrunk's smaller frame but greater speed

Bishop Sankey, Washington - neck and neck with Hyde, but Hyde's power gives him the edge

James Wilder Jr, Florida State - if he puts it together, could be the best of the group

Ka'Deem Carey, Arizona - IMO not quite the RB Bernard is, though a bit faster.

Marion Grice, Arizona State - a little overrated IMO, but still solid

Andre Williams, Boston College - top speed keeps him out of the top 2 or 3

Charles Sims, West Virginia - has starter tools

Jerome Smith, Syracuse - a nice power back for a committee, with some twitch of his own

LaDarius Perkins, Mississippi State - underused in college, maybe a dimanond in the rough

Tyler Gaffney, Stanford - power complement

Isaiah Crowell, Alabama State - committee back

Rajion Neal, Tennessee - not all that impressive.

Lache Seastrunk, Baylor - Hyde's size and power gives him a slight edge over Seastrunk's smaller frame but greater speed

Bishop Sankey, Washington - neck and neck with Hyde, but Hyde's power gives him the edge

James Wilder Jr, Florida State - if he puts it together, could be the best of the group

Ka'Deem Carey, Arizona - IMO not quite the RB Bernard is, though a bit faster.

Jerome Smith, Syracuse - a nice power back for a committee, with some twitch of his own

LaDarius Perkins, Mississippi State - underused in college, maybe a dimanond in the rough

Stay clear of Wilder Jr. Numerous off field issues and generally a loose canon.

• 2 weeks later...

CB

Justin Gilbert, Oklahoma State

Darqueze Dennard, Michigan State

Kyle Fuller, Virginia Tech

Jason Verrett, TCU

Louchiez Purifoy, Florida

Bradley Roby, Ohio State

Stanley Jean-Baptiste, Nebraska

Phillip Gaines, Rice

Keith McGill, Utah

Ross Cockrell, Duke

Victor Hampton, South Carolina

I think almost all of those guys could be top 100 picks.  Deep, deep class.

S Ha Ha Clinton-Dix - must be a bad safety class if sites have him listed as the top safety.  Reminds me of a lesser Taylor Mays.  Big physical presence that does nothing with it.

I think HCD shows better ball awareness and is a better athlete in space. Mays has the straight line speed but is a stiffer athlete, IMO.

I think HCD shows better ball awareness and is a better athlete in space. Mays has the straight line speed but is a stiffer athlete, IMO.

he's a guy I need to watch more of.  They showed some clips during the combine that looked far better than anything in the few games I watched.

he's not someone I'd expect the Bengals to take either way though.

RB

What's the deal with Hill form LSU?  Heard he had some off-field issues but liked what I saw at the combine.  Wasn't a speed demon but looked fast enough and showed good hands.  Is he totally red-flagged off our board?

Also, as a Syracuse fan I can say that Jerome Smith would be a good 7th round or FA pickup.  He was clutch at Syracuse, especially without a QB worth anything.  He's more of a big back but would fit the BJGE mold well.  His 40 time was terrible (he's faster than he will time).  See long runs against Clemson as proof.  

I'm not sure why he came out early, but would be a nice late round guy if we missed on the other above.

What's the deal with Hill form LSU?  Heard he had some off-field issues but liked what I saw at the combine.  Wasn't a speed demon but looked fast enough and showed good hands.  Is he totally red-flagged off our board?

Also, as a Syracuse fan I can say that Jerome Smith would be a good 7th round or FA pickup.  He was clutch at Syracuse, especially without a QB worth anything.  He's more of a big back but would fit the BJGE mold well.  His 40 time was terrible (he's faster than he will time).  See long runs against Clemson as proof.  

I'm not sure why he came out early, but would be a nice late round guy if we missed on the other above.

I haven't watched hill yet, so that's why he's not on the list.

I really like Smith.  He's one of the first guys I watched.  He moves very well for a bigger guy.

DE Michael Sam, Missouri

IMO he's a not quite as fast Wallace Gilberry.

He's definitely worth a flyer if he's still there in the 5th round.  He's got a non-stop motor and you know he'll have a chip on his shoulder.

IMO he should stick to DE and not try to make himself a LB.  He's not.

Hill was arrested a few times, and IIRC, was kicked off the team for a bit. Les Miles gave him a few extra chances (I think he had the team vote on him coming back, and - not surprisingly - they voted yes), and he came back and played well. 

He's a hard runner, has a little bit of wiggle to him and he can catch, too. 

DE Michael Sam, Missouri

IMO he's a not quite as fast Wallace Gilberry.

He's definitely worth a flyer if he's still there in the 5th round.  He's got a non-stop motor and you know he'll have a chip on his shoulder.

IMO he should stick to DE and not try to make himself a LB.  He's not.

He looked pretty bad in space, and wasn't very explosive - 26" vertical, for example, is pretty bad… you usually see big OL in that range. Part of the deal with Sam was, Kony Ealy had to take on a lot of double teams, so he had a lot of chances - to his credit, he made the most of them and made a lot of plays. 

I agree that he's likely a late-round guy who will have a chip on his shoulder. 

Hill was arrested a few times, and IIRC, was kicked off the team for a bit. Les Miles gave him a few extra chances (I think he had the team vote on him coming back, and - not surprisingly - they voted yes), and he came back and played well. 

He's a hard runner, has a little bit of wiggle to him and he can catch, too. 

Is he worth a late-round pick?  Or not worth the risk considering he may go around the same spot as a Sankey, Seastrunk/West/Sims? 

Hill is listen around 233 which intrigues me as I think we need a bigger back to compliment Gio.   Rex is 218 and I think we could use a bigger guy.  Hyde goes 230, West 225, Williams 230, Wilder 232...

While there's not a ton of top end RB talent, there sure are a lot of options that might be available in rounds 3-5. 

Is he worth a late-round pick?  Or not worth the risk considering he may go around the same spot as a Sankey, Seastrunk/West/Sims? 

Hill is listen around 233 which intrigues me as I think we need a bigger back to compliment Gio.   Rex is 218 and I think we could use a bigger guy.  Hyde goes 230, West 225, Williams 230, Wilder 232...

While there's not a ton of top end RB talent, there sure are a lot of options that might be available in rounds 3-5. 

yea, while last year's class had a strong 30-65 range RB class, this one seems like the heart of the class will be in that 50-100 range.

The Bengals pick in the 3rd, 88, should be right in the heart of this RB class.

DT Louis Nix - Another version of Brandon Thompson imo.  Maybe due to scheme he played in.  0 technique in a 3-4.  I think what we have in Thompson is already better than this guy.

DT Timmy Jernigan - Prefer him to Nix.  Has some suddeness to him but needs to get off the snap more quickly which is saying something considering how disruptive he is.  Wouldn't be a bad pick at 24.

DE Kony Ealy - Not overly impressed.  Seems like another version of Justin Smith (when he was playing for the Bengals), very god in run support but gets overwhelmed in the passing game too often.  Seems very inconsistent and lacks an array of pass rush moves.  Mostly gets to the QB a step too late and his only dangerous move is a one-trick speed rush off the edge round the outside of the defender.  I'd rather have Scott Crichton in round 2 than this guy.

S Calvin Pryor - Very impressed.  Fast, physical, seems very instinctive and always around the ball.  Bigger version of Bob Sanders.  Guy is is fucking monster in the true sense.  I would love him next to Reggie, and Burfict playing on the same D, which would really set the tone for years to come.  Don't rule out a safety pick at 24 either, because we need a difference maker at 24 and this guy is it.  The Bengals haven't exactly been predictable all of the time with first round picks.  No one really thought we'd take a TE last year but it happened, so why not Calvin Pryor (if he lasts to us that is).

S Calvin Pryor - Very impressed.  Fast, physical, seems very instinctive and always around the ball.  Bigger version of Bob Sanders.  Guy is is fucking monster in the true sense.  I would love him next to Reggie, and Burfict playing on the same D, which would really set the tone for years to come.  Don't rule out a safety pick at 24 either, because we need a difference maker at 24 and this guy is it.  The Bengals haven't exactly been predictable all of the time with first round picks.  No one really thought we'd take a TE last year but it happened, so why not Calvin Pryor (if he lasts to us that is).

Can u post the videos? Been struggling to find tape on him.

Archived