2014 Opponents Thread

I'm reading that Harbaugh initially had the idea but eventually decided to turn down the deal. I wonder what really happened

LOL, Harbaugh is such a dick.  Here is what happened.   I guess SF wanted their draft for the biatch.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2014/2/24/5442024/jim-harbaugh-san-francisco-49ers-cleveland-browns-trade

Is there something wrong with him? I'd take him on the team a heartbeat- unless he is broken down or god is telling him to do things.

Well, he did play for the Browns for 7 years. It takes years of psychiatric help to fix that shit.

Two years ago, he was the best player on their defense.  Didn't really pay attention to him this past year.  I doubt they would take a flyer, but I hope he doesn't end up in Baltimore or Pittsburgh.

This is what happens when you don't manage the cap well.

If you're talking about the Browns, they have far more cap then us. Like $20 more...

I don't see this as a salary move unless they needed more than the $50m+ they already have to sign Haden, Ward abd Mack.

From nfl.com:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000329412/article/dqwell-jackson-released-by-cleveland-browns

The team released the linebacker Wednesday, soon after the two sides met and mutually agreed to part ways. Jackson had been due a $4.1 million roster bonus on March 15.

This was purely a football decision by the Browns, who have plenty of cap room and could've easily carried Jackson's salary on the books. Pro Football Focus ranked the 2006 second-round draft pick the 13th-best inside linebacker in football during the 2011 season. He dipped to 41st overall in 2012 and 42nd in 2013.

If you're talking about the Browns, they have far more cap then us. Like $20 more...

I don't see this as a salary move unless they needed more than the $50m+ they already have to sign Haden, Ward abd Mack.

They might need more now that those guys see that Cleveland will cut the deal in half at the drop of a hat.

From nfl.com:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000329412/article/dqwell-jackson-released-by-cleveland-browns

The team released the linebacker Wednesday, soon after the two sides met and mutually agreed to part ways. Jackson had been due a $4.1 million roster bonus on March 15.

This was purely a football decision by the Browns, who have plenty of cap room and could've easily carried Jackson's salary on the books. Pro Football Focus ranked the 2006 second-round draft pick the 13th-best inside linebacker in football during the 2011 season. He dipped to 41st overall in 2012 and 42nd in 2013.

I just hope he goes to the NFC. Why do I keep thinking he'll end up a a Rat?

Archived