2014 Opponents Thread

He's overpaid and I think they want him to take a paycut. Greg Little will be lucky to get a decent offer from anyone.

They are like a zillion dollars under the cap.  You'd think with all these new deals to sign they wouldn't screw over the one veteran left who actually resigned with the team once.  But it is the Browns, so I guess not.   

Hey Mack,  Hayden - sign with us, you will actually get all the money in the deal!

They are like a zillion dollars under the cap.  You'd think with all these new deals to sign they wouldn't screw over the one veteran left who actually resigned with the team once.  But it is the Browns, so I guess not.   

Hey Mack,  Hayden - sign with us, you will actually get all the money in the deal!

There's no rush for them to deal with Jackson. But he's not worth 8 mil per year. 

ESPN - Ravens sign Terrell Suggs to 4-year extension; LB says "fans really spoke, and they wanted me to stay"

Any details?  Can't imagine it was cheap.  I guess I would laugh but Ozzie Newsome always seems to have the last laugh.  Fucker.

Any details?  Can't imagine it was cheap.  I guess I would laugh but Ozzie Newsome always seems to have the last laugh.  Fucker.

4 years $28.5M with $16M guaranteed.

$21M over the first 3 years with an $11M signing bonus

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/ravens-insider/bal-ravens-terrell-suggs-new-contract-20140217,0,4411116.story

4 years $28.5M with $16M guaranteed.

$21M over the first 3 years with an $11M signing bonus

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/ravens-insider/bal-ravens-terrell-suggs-new-contract-20140217,0,4411116.story

Honestly, that's not a bad deal for either side. About $7M a year for a former defensive player of the year who is still pretty productive.  I wonder how this impacts MJ's asking price.

Also, while we're on the Ravens...

Ravens RB Ray Rice arrested  http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10467981/ray-rice-baltimore-ravens-arrested-alleged-altercation-woman

It'll have zero impact on the season I'm sure, but still news.

I hate hearing positives about the Brownies.... but they seem to have made a couple positive moves recently (after several 180's).

Kuharich with Browns team at combine

February, 20, 2014
By Pat McManamon | ESPN.com

Bill Kuharich hasn't been announced as a Cleveland Browns hire, but the former Saints general manager has joined the Browns and is with the team at the scouting combine. Kuharich will be a consultant with the Browns, helping new (and first-time) GM Ray Farmer, according to ESPN's Adam Schefter.

Kuharich is widely respected for his work in several front office jobs with the Saints. He also worked in Kansas City from 2000-08, where he met Farmer. His experienced voice will be welcome with the Browns.

I hate hearing positives about the Brownies.... but they seem to have made a couple positive moves recently (after several 180's).

Kuharich with Browns team at combine

February, 20, 2014
By Pat McManamon | ESPN.com

Bill Kuharich hasn't been announced as a Cleveland Browns hire, but the former Saints general manager has joined the Browns and is with the team at the scouting combine. Kuharich will be a consultant with the Browns, helping new (and first-time) GM Ray Farmer, according to ESPN's Adam Schefter.

Kuharich is widely respected for his work in several front office jobs with the Saints. He also worked in Kansas City from 2000-08, where he met Farmer. His experienced voice will be welcome with the Browns.

Nobody said that Lombardi and co would suck...or the group before that...or the one before that (the Ozzie clone, was it?

So PFT is reporting the Browns almost traded for Jim Harbaugh.  LOL.  

Wonder what that would have netted.  They may learn that they can be successful if they build through the draft.

The Niners could have gotten him back after the team fired him at the end of the year.

This story just seems fishy to me, though.

So PFT is reporting the Browns almost traded for Jim Harbaugh.  LOL.  

Wonder what that would have netted.  They may learn that they can be successful if they build through the draft.

Wow, odd. Here's the link-
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/02/21/sources-browns-nearly-traded-for-jim-harbaugh/

Archived