As a loss is a loss, I'm glad...

that we choked in a Wild Card game that nobody remembers, than choke in this manner on the grandest stage of all and have to hear about it for the next 8 months.

Sure I'd prefer if we won it all, but compared to the Broncos today we merely coughed rather than choked!

that we choked in a Wild Card game that nobody remembers, than choke in this manner on the grandest stage of all and have to hear about it for the next 8 months.

Sure I'd prefer if we won it all, but compared to the Broncos today we merely coughed rather than choked!

hell no, I'll take being blown out in the Super Bowl over once again failing to get out of the 1st round.

People had long ago forgotten that Peyton Manning was once the guy "who can't win the big one".

Tonight, his legacy took a roundhouse to chin. I've said for years that Manning is the greatest quarterback to ever play in the NFL. I don't think I'll ever say it again.

The Broncos team lost this game. Every single one of them from Manning on down. I believe the Seahawks or 49ers would have embarrassed any AFC team this year. They are just very solid teams.

After the Harvin return I said out loud, "Man, this is embarassing for the AFC."  And made me think it sucked even worse that the best AFC team lost in the first round to the Chargers.

If anything the Seahawks proved that the Bengals have the recipe needed to win a Super Bowl, just need to work on limiting the mistakes to get over that hump.

don't have the running game Seattle has either.

That said, Russell Wilson I thought was very impressive last night for a young QB on the biggest of stages.  

Russell Who? He was about the 15th best player out there for the Seahawks. Russell Wilson is to the Seahawks what Jim McMahon was to the '85 Bears.

Russell Who? He was about the 15th best player out there for the Seahawks. Russell Wilson is to the Seahawks what Jim McMahon was to the '85 Bears.

Agreed.  Walked away from that game thinking he was able to limit his mistakes and that's about it.  His WRs made some great catches on a few of those 3rd downs in traffic against a pretty average secondary.  He wasn't even the MVP of the game when they basically hand every and any piece of hardware possible to the QB position when given the chance.

they don't ask him to do a lot, in fact throughout the season they asked him to do very little (Seattle was 31st in pass attempts this season), but I thought he handled the pressure of the stage very well. 

The Broncos aka Elway, invested a ton of money to build his entire offense around Manning.   Manning is one of the greatest QBs in history but he is what he is, a one dimensional QB  as the Saints proved a few years back.  If you can get consistent pressure on him you can beat him.   The guy is a pure pocket QB and can't even roll out to buy time unlike say a Montana or Brees.

Andy has more mobility than Peyton so I think he would have done a little better in that regard but I doubt we would have stood a chance against Seattle.  May have been closer but I doubt it would have been close.

they don't ask him to do a lot, in fact throughout the season they asked him to do very little (Seattle was 31st in pass attempts this season), but I thought he handled the pressure of the stage very well. 

A GREAT coaching staff does not ask their QB to do a lot if they don't need him to.   Wilson extended drives and converted plenty of 3rd downs by buying time with his legs and moving the chains.     He had a huge touchdown drive 2 weeks ago to take the lead against the 49ers.  Great teams do what they need to do to win games and certainly don't do things that can help lose them.

A Terrible coaching staff throws on first and goal from the one in a game they were in control of only to see it picked (Baltimore). A terrible coaching staff asks your QB to throw 51 times and abandon the run in a game when there is still plenty of time and the game is still within your grasp.

And both have rings. Seattle didn't design their team to need exceptional play from their QB week after week in order to be successful.   Denver did.

We don't have a qb like Seattle. He isn't getting the credit he deserves

actually our QB is similar to seattles, slightly less accurate and not nearly as fast, but russell wilson isnt asked to do shit. his defense and special teams scored twice as many points as the broncos. he could have stayed home and won this game. 

wilson has some of the few attempts and fewest yards per game in the league. 

he is 22nd in passing attempts, and 16th in yards. the seattle defense is by far the reason this team is successful. the Seahawks are the 2000 Ravens 100%. wilson is the fast young, trent dilfer.

A GREAT coaching staff does not ask their QB to do a lot if they don't need him to.   Wilson extended drives and converted plenty of 3rd downs by buying time with his legs and moving the chains.     He had a huge touchdown drive 2 weeks ago to take the lead against the 49ers.  Great teams do what they need to do to win games and certainly don't do things that can help lose them.

A Terrible coaching staff throws on first and goal from the one in a game they were in control of only to see it picked (Baltimore). A terrible coaching staff asks your QB to throw 51 times and abandon the run in a game when there is still plenty of time and the game is still within your grasp.

I wouldn't go "terrible" but certainly a coaching staff that tried to make football more complicated than it is...

Manning's stats surprising aren't that bad for as bad as his offensive line was.  69% completions and nearly 300yds against the best defense in the league.  Of course part of the yardage was because they were playing from behind.

he went andy dalton, they only threw the ball 3 yards down field, and his line wasnt too bad really, especially considering the front 7 they faced. but their DB's are out of this world good, i am curious to see who sticks around and who goes for a payday from seattle, they have about 20 free agents, 

lots of young talent who will want major bucks to stick around.

he went andy dalton, they only threw the ball 3 yards down field, and his line wasnt too bad really, especially considering the front 7 they faced. but their DB's are out of this world good, i am curious to see who sticks around and who goes for a payday from seattle, they have about 20 free agents, 

lots of young talent who will want major bucks to stick around.

Just out of curiosity, do you believe that if the Bengals had Carson Palmer and Bob Bratkowski, instead of Andy Dalton and Jay Gruden, but everything else was the same, that the Bengals would have achieved more success over the last 3 seasons? Not rhetorical, just an honest question.

actually our QB is similar to seattles, slightly less accurate and not nearly as fast, but russell wilson isnt asked to do shit. his defense and special teams scored twice as many points as the broncos. he could have stayed home and won this game. 

wilson has some of the few attempts and fewest yards per game in the league. 

he is 22nd in passing attempts, and 16th in yards. the seattle defense is by far the reason this team is successful. the Seahawks are the 2000 Ravens 100%. wilson is the fast young, trent dilfer.

Why is it Russell Wison's fault that Seattle and Pete Carroll decided to make the focus of their team the defense?  So in your world, Russell Wilson should have thrown way more because thats what great QBs do?   Well, great teams win Super Bowls by doing what they need to do to win and limiting their mistakes.

They were 13-3 this season and the other 3 teams in their division won 28 games while our other 3 won 20.  Their strength of schedule was 1.4 to our -2.5.  Wilson is part of a team that GETS IT.  We don't GET IT. We get humiliated by the fucking Chargers at home.

Wilson threw for 26tds and ONLY 9 ints. His QB rating was 101.2.  He also didn't have Harvin almost the entire season.  Sit AJ the entire season and see how Dalton performs.  Willson had 3896 TOTAL yards this year.  Leaving out the 500 plus yards he had rushing is disingenuous. 

Great teams and coaches are GREAT in game managers. The easiest way to lose a game is to have your QB start throwing picks or fumble the ball when you are winning or still in the game.  Wilson rarely does this. 

Archived