Wallmounting a TV

mongo

I want to wallmount my 65" LED, but I've never done it before. I'll also be mounting it to a brick wall, so I only want to do it once.

Any have tips for mounting to brick?

Thoughts on wallmounts? I'm thinking full motion, but am open to other opinions?

Anyone have a wallmount they recommend? The pricing is all over the place, but I'd prefer to avoid the uber expensive ones if possible.

I want to wallmount my 65" LED, but I've never done it before. I'll also be mounting it to a brick wall, so I only want to do it once.

Thoughts on wallmounts? I'm thinking full motion, but am open to other opinions?

Anyone have a wallmount they recommend? The pricing is all over the place, but I'd prefer to avoid the uber expensive ones if possible.

Watch the following on Youtube;

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcmPiEw4o8s[/media]

Ignore the fact he has a Vikings jersey on.  Note:  Drill into the brick and not the mortar.  If your tv ever comes out of the room is difficult to patch but not impossible if you drill into the brick itself.  Just requires a little more creativity on mixing your patch.  Also as the comments for this video state, use a hammer drill.  You'll be hating life if you use a regular drill.

there is no advantage to the expensive brackets. i just used an videosecu brand one from amazon to mount my new 58" LED, it was maybe $18 and was far better than the $39 one i got for another tv... 

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003GRW1KQ/ref=wms_ohs_product?ie=UTF8&psc=1  thats it actually..

the best one i have ever used i got from home depot, i dont recall the brand name though, it was like $50, but i had found it online for less later...like $15-20

i have done this 5-6 times, but never to brick..

I have mine mounted to a brick wall above a fireplace.  5 years strong with no issues (knock on wood).

If you can get it to line up right, drill into the mortar rather than the bricks.  That way if you ever choose to take it down, you can patch up the holes with cement easily.

Archived