Any Jeep Wrangler fans in the house?

I think orange is the obvious choice here.

Drove the hell out of my fam's '86 Cherokee, 'twas a tank. Daily commuter for years with about 10-15 miles each way on washboarded AZ desert dirt road. Almost think it'd still be kicking if some jackass FOTF hadn't blown the engine trying to pull a camper.  Also had an old CJ for a good while that was also a tank & could just about climb a tree.

Much more skeptical of the newer models, however.  Have not heard good things and frankly think they might've gone the H3 Suburban Warrior route, getting 2 gallons per mile and likely to crack in two if forced to do more offroading than jumping the occasional curb in the Trader Joe's parking lot.  My apologies if you actually partake in activities or live in an area that calls for such a vehicle but otherwise I think they are douchebag beacons.  In that case be sure to get those ultra-bright Nighthawk-type LED headlamps to really complete the oblivious dickweed package ;)

The orange is too "look at me". Get something more natural, more sutle in the tan. Then when you step out of that bitch with your orange shirt on... then they'll be like damn, that dude looks good, look at him

I like your thinking. I'm going to look at 2012 models cause I'm not going to pay a brand new price tag. 2012 going in the 20k range with low miles which is in my alley.

I have two Jeeps now.

A 2000 Wrangler with almost 200,000 miles and ragged out interior... not great for expressways (none of them are, really... too high and light) but it will climb trees in 4WD.  First year the windshield wipers lay flat and don't stick up in the windshield and the radio speakers are in the padded roll bar.

And a 1985 Scrambler with Ohio Vintage tags Jeep85.  Top and doors still off of it from summer and its in the garage until spring.

I have had three Jeeps, these two and a 1981 Scrambler.

Love the things.  Actually fun to drive in snow... except for morons in other cars.

Don't care as much for the 4 door things.  The smaller two doors are more Jeep like and fit better in the garage.

My Sunday Go to Meetin' car is pictured in another thread.

I have two Jeeps now.

A 2000 Wrangler with almost 200,000 miles and ragged out interior... not great for expressways (none of them are, really... too high and light) but it will climb trees in 4WD.  First year the windshield wipers lay flat and don't stick up in the windshield and the radio speakers are in the padded roll bar.

And a 1985 Scrambler with Ohio Vintage tags Jeep85.  Top and doors still off of it from summer and its in the garage until spring.

I have had three Jeeps, these two and a 1981 Scrambler.

Love the things.  Actually fun to drive in snow... except for morons in other cars.

Don't care as much for the 4 door things.  The smaller two doors are more Jeep like and fit better in the garage.

My Sunday Go to Meetin' car is pictured in another thread.

Thanks for the info bro. I like the 4 door personally cause I want wife and kids to get on as well. I get the best of both worlds. Family and fun. 

Not a fan of the Jeep V-6s they have been putting in the Wranglers.  Was a fan when they had the Inline 6s.  Every Inline 6 I had went for 200,000 plus before anything went wrong.  As long as maintenance was kept up everything went fine.  Plenty of power to get up to highway speeds and plenty of grunt for the hills and roads.  When those V-6s start hitting 200,000 plus on a regular basis I'll think about it.  Otherwise, I'd agree with Elf on the Toyota FJ.  You might not get the traditional four doors on it but you get a great motor and excellent consistent service with Toyota.  The FJs do have a decent sized backseat with ample leg room.  The FJs (not all of them) do have rear doors but they open in the "suicide" manner. 

Toyota FJ back seat

toyota-fj-cruiser-18-m.jpg

Jeep Wrangler 4 door back seat

2013-Jeep-Wrangler-Four-Door-Back-Seat-D

Note that the Jeep back seats come out a little further into the entry way and other than that the difference is minimal.

Not having the transmission fall out at 60,000 miles?  :mellow:

1/2 :ninja:

60,000 miles ?  That's being generous.  no ninja.

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/american-cars/story?id=13801165

Made in America: Most and Least American Cars:  June 9, 2011

2011's Most American Cars Per Percentage of Parts:

15. Jeep - Wrangler 4 Door: 79% Made in US

2011's Least American Cars Per Percentage of Parts:

10. Toyota - 4Runner, FJ Cruiser, Highlander HV, Scion iQ, Land Cruiser, Prius, Yaris H/B, Yaris S/D: 0% Made in US

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_FJ_Cruiser

Toyota FJ Cruiser

Assembly
Japan: Hamura, Tokyo, (Hino)
China: Guangzhou (GAC)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeep_Wrangler

Jeep Wrangler

Assembly
Toledo, Ohio, United States
Brampton, Ontario, Canada (Brampton Assembly)
Beijing, China (Beijing Benz)
Tehran, Iran (Pars Khodro)

Consumer Reports 2013 Annual Car Brand Report Cards

Consumer-Reports-2013-Annual-Car-Brand-R

JD Powers and Associates 2103 US Vehicle Dependability Study (VDS)

jdpowers-2013.jpg

Misleading because it is lumping all the Jeep models into one.

The Jeep Liberty was a disaster from the git-go... the Jeep Vega of sorts.

The Cherokees have more to go wrong with them and are not as good as comparable models in

other makes.

One of the beauties of the Wrangler is it is based on the original WWII Jeep.

Not much to go wrong, easy to fix (just open the hood and look) when it does.

Ex had an Audi when I was driving the Scrambler.

Cost her $600 to repair a broken power window motor.

I laughed at her, took the entire canvas and wire frame door off the Scrambler

and said "this is how I open the window".

But the Liberty was a bad car from the start and everyone I know with a Cherokee

has had problems.

The simplicity of the Wrangler is its beauty.

Archived