Any Jeep Wrangler fans in the house?

Oh boo-friggin-hoo  wah.gif

My truck is nearly 10 years old FFS...

:265:

lol. I actually want to keep the next car I get for a long time. 

I must admit, I enjoy the flair that Numbers brings to many of these threads. 

Rumble, I'll buy the Lexus from you.  I'll give you $3999 less than bluebook :ninja:

Riiiiiight ;lol:

Nice! I'd totally do something like that for my Cherokee, but my spare tire is in the vehicle.

A few options to get rid of the Cherokee tire in the back blind spot.  Mount on roof rack or get an older model Cherokee like the chief model and swipe its tire mount system for the rear.

I can't figure out who to give this one to but somebody might claim it...

Has-better-ground-clearance-than-previou

i have had 3 cars in my life.

Given a '87 station wagon when i was 16.

Given a new '99 Civic for graduating high school put 190k miles on it

Given a '04 Accord in '09 that was my moms.. got it with 56k up to 140k on it now. runs amazing, i need ti change an o2 sensor and the serpintine belt though..

so i started with a 10 yr old car, then i drove a new car to 10 years, and I currently have a 10 yr old accord.

in 18-24 months i plan to buy my first new car for myself(sadly also my first car payment, my wife has bought 2 new cars since we have been together, hope to pay hers off first.)... looking like either the new Accord hybrid EX-L, or the new Avalon, both are $31k. and I know both will last me 10 years if needed...

Wranglers are awesome. I always wanted one, but I'm into boating and they don't tow very well, so I bought a new F-150. My last boat weighed over 6k loaded out, would've killed a Wrangler.

The current offerings for Wranglers will cause a person to really stress out towing a boat.  Maybe a small canoe but anything larger is asking for disaster.  I wish Jeep would actually build some of those concept Jeeps they came up with.  The J12 concept Jeep is stretched a total of 18 inches and has a full six-foot bed, five-speed automatic transmission, and a pair of ARB air-locker-equipped Dynatrac axles (D-44 front, D-60 rear).  Now that thing would tow.

Here is the article on the J-12 Concept...

http://www.caranddriver.com/photo-gallery/jeep-j-12-concept-prototype-drive-review

jeep-j-12-concept-photo-454660-s-520x318

Note:  I would buy one of those in a minute.

Yes that would work.  They increased the frame on that one too.  Here is some more info;

The picture you showed was a 2005 (?) Jeep Concept but looks and is extremely similar to what is called the J8 which is being built as a complete vehicle on Chrysler assembly lines (Just NOT in the US but Egypt and Israel).  Apparently there is a company which can assemble one to the same specs but will meet emission control requirements.  ...and the best thing is you can get a choice between two HEMI's !!!

http://leesfreeriff.blogspot.com/2011_02_01_archive.html

2005 Jeep Gladiator Concept

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeep_J8

The Jeep J8 is a military vehicle based on the Jeep Wrangler platform. The model was introduced at the Defence Systems & Equipment International (DSEi) trade show on September 13, 2007.

Targeted for use by the militaries in overseas markets, the J8 is not designed to meet U.S. emission standards. The J8 is assembled in Egypt and in Israel. AIL markets the vehicle to sectors of the government as the AIL Storm.

Recently, the J8 has been submitted as a replacement for the Toyota Tacoma, Toyota Hilux and HMMWV for US Special Forces.

The J8 was first planned for assembly at a Chrysler joint-venture facility in Cairo, Egypt.[1][2] On July 2, 2008, the production version of the Jeep J8 was unveiled at Euro Camp Jeep 2008, a customer event in Mecklenburg-Vorpommern, Germany.[3]

On November 13, 2008, Chrysler LLC and the Arab American Vehicles Company (AAV) officially announced the manufacturing launch of the Jeep J8 at AAV's assembly plan in Cairo.[4]

Jeep J8 is also assembled in Israel, by Automotive Industries Ltd. (AIL) of Nazareth. It is locally badged Storm 3, and will be supplied as a command vehicle to the Israeli Defence Force (IDF). A pair of production J8s was tested by Israeli web magazine Jeepolog.com journalists in April 2009. It was dubbed "probably best Jeep ever". A civilian version was apparently considered for the local Israeli market, but the idea was abandoned.[5]

American Expedition Vehicles, a Montana based Jeep aftermarket parts producer, has struck a deal with Chrysler to sell 120 J8 "component chassis" in the US. These chassis are sold fully assembled but without an engine or transmission. This allows the customer to install or have installed either a 2.8L VM Turbodiesel with 339 lb.-ft. of torque (460 N • m) or a 5.7-liter V-8 Chrysler HEMI. The vehicle can then be legally registered as a "component vehicle".

http://www.aev-conversions.com//

Offers options all the way up to 6.4L Hemi, offer similar axle setups as one I posted above.  Believe that the one I posted above can be assembled from a kit also.  However, I can't find who sells the front hood and grill.  I would prefer something not called a "component vehicle" that was rolling off the assembly line at Chrysler.  Especially with optional accessories like the 44 and 60 axles.

...or you could have done what I did a while back and get a 1970 6x6 M35A2 which was made by Kaiser Jeep...  (see my gallery) 

Government Surplus back in 2009 had a huge lot of them on the base.  Ended up paying about $1056 (after taxes) for a truck that had 4779 miles on it since a complete overhaul by Army Depot.  You could probably put a boat in the bed of that truck.  No longer have it.  Someone wanted it bad enough and I was moving into a new home with new bills, so I sold it (and the Saleen).  Almost turned it into a tailgate vehicle but its hard to resist when someone offers the right amount.

Archived