Any Jeep Wrangler fans in the house?

Misleading because it is lumping all the Jeep models into one.

The Jeep Liberty was a disaster from the git-go... the Jeep Vega of sorts.

The Cherokees have more to go wrong with them and are not as good as comparable models in

other makes.

One of the beauties of the Wrangler is it is based on the original WWII Jeep.

Not much to go wrong, easy to fix (just open the hood and look) when it does.

Ex had an Audi when I was driving the Scrambler.

Cost her $600 to repair a broken power window motor.

I laughed at her, took the entire canvas and wire frame door off the Scrambler

and said "this is how I open the window".

But the Liberty was a bad car from the start and everyone I know with a Cherokee

has had problems.

The simplicity of the Wrangler is its beauty.

IMHO it is a fair assessment.  Transmissions and in some cases engines are not different between a Liberty and a Wrangler.  http://www.jeep4x4center.com/jeep-transmission-parts/nsg370-transmission.htm

Yes, even the electrical components are similar. 

In regards to Jeep Cherokee the inline 6 was a carry over from the good ole AMC days.  Chrysler ended up after a period of time putting a V6 in them and from then on started having more and more problems.  I'm guessing that happened around the time of Daimler AG shift.  There was even problems existing from the year swap over from Renault (around 1987-1988) in which the transmissions were never updated (5 speed manuals that separated in the center and always had a throw-out bearing issue and leakage from the front seal).

Comparing a World War 2 Jeep to a new age Wrangler is not a fair assessment.  A WW2 Jeep was made by multiple manufacturers and as a result doesn't even compare to a modern Jeep in the fact, nobody can repair anything under the hood with all the computer controls without a fair amount of electronic repair tools on hand that are normally outside the range of a shade tree mechanic.

Considering you had a Scrambler (81-85) and that is what formed your opinions on the Jeep I understand.  During that time they were owned by AMC (not Chrysler, Fiat, Daimler, etc...).  Current Jeeps have all the infamous electronics in the doors as does other makes and models within other Jeep models.  The current manufacturers of Jeep are for instance not making different door electronics for each model but are simply making them as universal as possible.  Gotta say, I kind of miss the days of canvas doors and the simplicity of the older Jeeps.  Except during winter driving or attempts to forge deep water.  However, in that case, we'd just pop the drains on the floor boards and away we went.

My 2000 Wrangler is a 4 cyl 5 Speed manuel and never had a problem with it going on 200,000 miles.

Last and only electrical problem I remember was the windshield wipers would not work once, of course in a rainstorm.

Stopped at AutoZone, bought a fuse and replaced it in the parking lot.  Worked fine.  Fuse box is behind the glove

compartment that has a nylon strap to prevent it from dropping all the way down.  Unhook the strap (loop on a peg),

drop the glove compartment and there is the fuse box complete with a printed guide to what fuse does what and it

amp.  Like I said, ease of maintenance.

And it is pre Liberty.  Not sure about the Patriot.

The beauty of the Wrangler and Scrambler(s) is their simplicity although I thing the newer ones are becoming more

complex and my thinking is the more complex, the more things to go wrong.

However, do like the old joke about the difference between a 2WD car and a 4WD car is the 4WD car goes farther off

the road to get stuck.

Some of you are worrying me. I never owned an American car for the reason is that they break down. I figured the newer American cars are better built.

It all depends on who is building the car in America; it all comes down to the engineering and design...

Misleading because it is lumping all the Jeep models into one.
The Jeep Liberty was a disaster from the git-go... the Jeep Vega of sorts.
The Cherokees have more to go wrong with them and are not as good as comparable models in
other makes.

One of the beauties of the Wrangler is it is based on the original WWII Jeep.
Not much to go wrong, easy to fix (just open the hood and look) when it does.

Ex had an Audi when I was driving the Scrambler.
Cost her $600 to repair a broken power window motor.
I laughed at her, took the entire canvas and wire frame door off the Scrambler
and said "this is how I open the window".

But the Liberty was a bad car from the start and everyone I know with a Cherokee
has had problems.

The simplicity of the Wrangler is its beauty.

I think part of the skewing is a result of the use of the vehicles. Jeep owners take their vehicles to Moab to attempt the impossible. Breaking shit is called a fun Saturday. Lexus owners keep their cars in climate controlled environments, and take up four parking spots in the Mall garage.

Those are the extremes, but the real world examples are still telling. My father drives his Wrangler through the dune mazes to get to the best beach for grilling at sunset. That's four wheeling, sand, salt, ocean, etc... My stepmother drives her Mercedes convertible from the garage at their condo to the beach club, where she has it valeted.

Not sure what you're trying to say here....but I think I agree.   The white one looks badass with the black wheels. 

lol... drunk posting..

yes.. White one with the black wheels is what I was trying to say....

Brain and fingers weren't working together very well on that one.

Rumble decides to go with the Jeep Wrangler...

maxresdefault.jpg

Army Bengal and Big Alice decide to get a wrangler too...

IMG_1.jpg

Its called a NuKiser 715 built upon the Wrangler frame.

Here's one for USN Bengal and Homer...

pc-1987-jeep-yj-wrangler-pool.jpg

Note:  The above image was after Fluhartz took it for a ride...

lol at pics. And as Go was saying I only keep them for no more than 18 months. I kept my Lexus now for 3 yrs. It is killing me lol. But the reason I kept this one for a long time is cause I owe more on it that what the Kelly book says it's worth. Only by 4k but I am not going to take that hit. I'd rather sell it out right. Reason is because I drove it MN from OH a shit load of times so I racked up mileage but it's all HWY. 

lol at pics. And as Go was saying I only keep them for no more than 18 months. I kept my Lexus now for 3 yrs. It is killing me lol. But the reason I kept this one for a long time is cause I owe more on it that what the Kelly book says it's worth. Only by 4k but I am not going to take that hit. I'd rather sell it out right. Reason is because I drove it MN from OH a shit load of times so I racked up mileage but it's all HWY. 

Oh boo-friggin-hoo  wah.gif

My truck is nearly 10 years old FFS...

:265:

Archived