Michael Sam, a College Football Standout, Says He Is Gay

Harley

Josh Johnson has 5 TD's and 20 INT's and fumbles in his career. I'm going to go out on a limb and say you had never seen Josh Johnson play a down of NFL football before this season. Somehow though, you are confident he's infinitely better than a QB who led his team to a division title and playoff win in his only season as a starter. Seeing as how this makes absolutely zero sense, can I infer that there is perhaps a racial element to this type of nonsensical argument you are making? I don't know, I just can't think of any other way that you can rationalize your argument.

No, dickhead, Josh Johnson can throw the ball. Tebow can not. He has the worst mechanics in a sport since we saw Barkley trying to hit a fucking golf ball. He is a football player, and if he would decide to play another position, he might have a chance, but as a QB he's got about as much a chance as you do to be a nuclear physicist.

Here is the deal. My wife and I are skinny. We don't feel that fat people should be able to get married or have sex.  Its not that I dislike fat people. I like them. It's just that the bible says we shouldn't be glutenous.

Proverbs 25:16 ESV / 176 helpful votes

If you have found honey, eat only enough for you, lest you have your fill of it and vomit it.

Proverbs 23:21 ESV / 9 helpful votes

For the drunkard and the glutton will come to poverty, and slumber will clothe them with rags.

Besides, the point of marriage is to have kids and fat people shouldn't have kids because they will just have more fat people.

No, dickhead, Josh Johnson can throw the ball. Tebow can not. He has the worst mechanics in a sport since we saw Barkley trying to hit a fucking golf ball. He is a football player, and if he would decide to play another position, he might have a chance, but as a QB he's got about as much a chance as you do to be a nuclear physicist.

Yes, he throws the ball so well that he's thrown it accurately to the wrong team twice as many times as he's thrown TD passes. Don't forget his 10 fumbles on top of that. I mean really, we are now getting absurd here. I'm now being told a guy with 5 TD's and 20 INT's and fumbles is a good thrower of the football. That's great, his plus arms has led to a lot of success for him. Once again, 4th quarter, who are you more afraid to face, Josh Johnson or Tim Tebow?

I don't care what the guy likes to do off the field.

I feel like we MAYBE have one spot open for defensive line. Personally I'd like that spot to be filled with a potential game changer in round one or two (if we go DLine at all). I think I read this guy actually only had three really good games, against incredibly inferior opponents- and that's where 9 of his sacks came. So he only had 2.5 sacks in all the rest of the games. He's a late round pick already.

Now, if he is projected to be a lb, I'd still be hesitant because then he would just be another project, and I'm not sure who he would displace anyway (assuming Lamur and Mays are resigned).

HA! What a laugh. I'm just catching up to this tebow hilarity now.

Tim Tebow has a wind-up and release that you can time with an hour glass.  And that might even get overlooked if he could hit the broad side of a barn, but he can't.  Teboy should have taken the not-so-subtle urging he got from teams to change position, to FB or TE or H-back.  He didn't, because he had an agenda, and apparently he could only spread his Jesus love to the world from the QB position.  After all, let's admit it: Jesus would have been the QB.

Nope, if Tebow could play - or was willing to play the position that teams encouraged him to give a shot - he would be playing.  Distraction?  He brought adoration from legions of fans convinced he would be there new Messiah.  I guess now they can all tune in to ESPN to get his deep spiritual football analysis.

And these issues aren't even close to related.  Sam is trying to put his identity behind him by putting an end to the whispers.  Will he become an advocate for gay people?  I hope so.  But what he won't do is thank his boyfriend for the great rim job he got to inspire him for the game, the way Tebow brought Jesus into every interview.  But that said, I still didn't hold that against Tebow, and he's certainly no rarity among players who thank JC and the Boys before doing an interview.

Because, you know, people should be allow to be who they want to be, and do what they want to do.  I would no more begrudge Tebow the ability to thump his bible than I would Sam to thump his boyfriend.  To each his own. 

It's you that has an issue with Sam doing his thumping, and yet are trying to turn it into some kind of Christian persecution narrative.  That would almost be laughable if you weren't following a script as old as fascism itself.  Because, after all, fascism has always used Christianity as the bedrock of it's ideology and legitimacy.  Those ____________ (you can fill in the blanks but popular choices have included Jews, Gypsies, Communists, Gays, etc.) are destroying the fabric of our society by their un-christian behavior.  Let us cleanse ourselves of them!

Fundamentalism, whether its Islamic or Christian or Zoastrian, is based on fear, but it uses that fear to fuel further ignorance and hate.  I understand and sympathize with the fear that the fabric of society is coming unraveled, and surely there must some ways we can slow it (I'm a big believer in Family Values, for example (although I'm pretty sure you and I would have VERY different definitions of what "family" can be), but begrudging people of their ability to be who they are and to express that however they may is simply not the way.

He's white, not black....and he's not some faggoty DE, he's a QB! And he beat the Steelers in the playoffs!

Yes, he throws the ball so well that he's thrown it accurately to the wrong team twice as many times as he's thrown TD passes. Don't forget his 10 fumbles on top of that. I mean really, we are now getting absurd here. I'm now being told a guy with 5 TD's and 20 INT's and fumbles is a good thrower of the football. That's great, his plus arms has led to a lot of success for him. Once again, 4th quarter, who are you more afraid to face, Josh Johnson or Tim Tebow?

You want to use Johnson's stats to describe him, and Tebow's wins. Bullshit. Tebow is a career 48 percent passer! That's like saying Shaq's free throw shooting skills are why the Lakers won championships. If Tebow could throw, he'd be in the league. He can't, so he's not. This Sams kid will be judged on how well he can rush and tackle, not on whether he has a boyfriend or husband. It's a performance league. If he can do those things, he'll play, if he can't he won't. It will be a media circus for a while, but Americans memories are so short that they'll be on to the next thing in three months, unless he does or some idiot does something stupid.

You want to use Johnson's stats to describe him, and Tebow's wins. Bullshit. Tebow is a career 48 percent passer! That's like saying Shaq's free throw shooting skills are why the Lakers won championships. If Tebow could throw, he'd be in the league. He can't, so he's not. This Sams kid will be judged on how well he can rush and tackle, not on whether he has a boyfriend or husband. It's a performance league. If he can do those things, he'll play, if he can't he won't. It will be a media circus for a while, but Americans memories are so short that they'll be on to the next thing in three months, unless he does or some idiot does something stupid.

Well, for the record, Josh Johnson is also 0-5 in his career. Tebow does have a lower completion percentage, yet his passer rating is still nearly 20 points higher. No matter what way you look at it, Josh Johnson, and other QB's of his ilk are far inferior to Tebow's production. You don't have to like Tebow, but to actually compare Josh Johnson and other assorted bums to him is silly. Tebow may not be good, but he is much deserving of a back-up job in this league. His potential distraction is what causes teams to shy away from him. The same way teams will shy away from Michael Sam. Their production is not worth the headache that comes with it. The only difference is that in Sam's case, the media will make sure to play the name game on anyone it perceives to be treating Sam unfairly. 

Wow, a kid's sexual preference is worth a 6 page thread?

It happens when a kid makes a choice to go on national television to talk about it. 

I'm pretty sure he went on espn, didn't he? I haven't followed it but thought I read that in the whit worth article

espn has certainly been covering it non stop, but from what I've seen MIchael Sam has only spoken to www.outsports.com, and that's the only time he plans to speak about it publicly.  

Doing some digging, it does look like he did indeed do  interviews with ESPN and the New York Times.  I hadn't seen the tv interviews.

again, he did not go on national television, or even to a national media outlet to talk about it.

He did interviews with ESPN and NYT. This is no different than Jason Collins and I don;t respect someone using their sexuality as  possible means to extract notoriety. I'm assuming he'll be at next year's SOTU. Good for him, but I don't have to respect the way he went about it. 

He did interviews with ESPN and NYT. This is no different than Jason Collins and I don;t respect someone using their sexuality as  possible means to extract notoriety. I'm assuming he'll be at next year's SOTU. Good for him, but I don't have to respect the way he went about it. 

perhaps you've yet to grasp why he did it.

Well, for the record, Josh Johnson is also 0-5 in his career. Tebow does have a lower completion percentage, yet his passer rating is still nearly 20 points higher. No matter what way you look at it, Josh Johnson, and other QB's of his ilk are far inferior to Tebow's production. You don't have to like Tebow, but to actually compare Josh Johnson and other assorted bums to him is silly. Tebow may not be good, but he is much deserving of a back-up job in this league. His potential distraction is what causes teams to shy away from him. The same way teams will shy away from Michael Sam. Their production is not worth the headache that comes with it. The only difference is that in Sam's case, the media will make sure to play the name game on anyone it perceives to be treating Sam unfairly. 
It happens when a kid makes a choice to go on national television to talk about it.

Tebow, in his limited playing time, played on a good team, with a very good D. Johnson has not. It always amazes me that when we discuss our QB, it's the D and skill players that make him good, but any other QB is judged by his record. Accept the fact that if Tebow COULD PLAY QB at a level that was just average, someone would put up with the media circus. He CANNOT, therefore, he's out of the league. All you other miscellaneous bullshit, is simply that, bullshit!

So what the fuck if he did national interviews?  The way you then turn this onto him, as if somehow he is grandstanding is just sad and pathetic.  Each year,  information that could adversely affect players' draft stock comes out and they almost ALWAYS try to get in front of it ASAP, and that involves publicizing the letters that they wrote to the 32 teams, and yes, interviews.

Why are your panties in such a bunch over the guy doing interviews?

But let's just say for a moment that he also saw another opportunity here.

You want to know something?  Rosa Parks wasn't just some old lady on a bus.  She was hand selected by Dr. King and his insiders, and that little incident on the back of the bus was carefully prepared for and choreographed by the leaders of the civil rights movement for MONTHS.  They were looking for a face to put to their cause and they knew that a harmless little old lady would drive the point home.  And now she's an American Hero.

Similarly, Sam had a group of advisers around him, including Victor Ayanbadejo and other sports and gay rights activists counseling and encouraging him in the days before he came out.  But it's not like he wasn't already out on campus (a process which, if you had bothered to read the NYTimes piece, you would have seen was very difficult for him to do).  This guy was about to step onto the national stage as a scrutinized NFL player.  He was already openly gay on campus.  And whispers were starting to emerge.  People were talking.  Was his draft stock slipping?  What would you do in that situation, just let the talk go on and watch your stock continue to plummet?

No, Sam was courageous enough to allow himself to be the one who crossed the barrier.  And like Rosa Parks, he was a perfect candidate,  this time not because of how harmless he was, but because of how celebrated he had already been - because of his accomplishments on the football field. If some kid from McNeese State announced he was gay, we wouldn't even be talking right now.  But this was the Defensive Player of the Year in the SEC, an All-American, a player beloved by his fans and voted MVP and roundly loved by his teammates.

And make no mistake about it, Sam is a lot more Jackie Robinson and a lot less Chad Ocholoco.  The fact that you'd rather not be confronted with a gay man's sexuality is nothing more than a testament to your own discomfort and intolerance, not Sam's character. If anything, you can rely on the statements of some of the best personnel men in the NFL (John Elway, Robert Kraft, Ozzie Newsome) for those assessments, who all think that his move took a lot of guts and character.  He's courageous.

Which they all knew is what it would take for someone to come out, because they'd have to withstand the withering whines from homophobes like yourself who veil your distaste for his identity in some bullshit about your team and protecting it from distractions.

Well, your distractions could very easily be a team's inspiration.  With a guy like Sam, I could very easily see him becoming just that.

this is the main reason he came out publicly:

one person Thamel and Evans spoke to said that 90 percent of teams already knew and had dropped Sam on their draft boards as a result. 

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/02/10/predicitions-of-draft-day-drop-for-michael-sam/

now the public knows too, and teams will be hesitant to take on the public criticism if they pass him up farther than his talent warrants.

It was coming out regardless.  He just chose to be the one to control the story and prevent it from hurting his career.

So what the fuck if he did national interviews?  The way you then turn this onto him, as if somehow he is grandstanding is just sad and pathetic.  Each year,  information that could adversely affect players' draft stock comes out and they almost ALWAYS try to get in front of it ASAP, and that involves publicizing the letters that they wrote to the 32 teams, and yes, interviews.

Why are your panties in such a bunch over the guy doing interviews?

But let's just say for a moment that he also saw another opportunity here.

You want to know something?  Rosa Parks wasn't just some old lady on a bus.  She was hand selected by Dr. King and his insiders, and that little incident on the back of the bus was carefully prepared for and choreographed by the leaders of the civil rights movement for MONTHS.  They were looking for a face to put to their cause and they knew that a harmless little old lady would drive the point home.  And now she's an American Hero.

Similarly, Sam had a group of advisers around him, including Victor Ayanbadejo and other sports and gay rights activists counseling and encouraging him in the days before he came out.  But it's not like he wasn't already out on campus (a process which, if you had bothered to read the NYTimes piece, you would have seen was very difficult for him to do).  This guy was about to step onto the national stage as a scrutinized NFL player.  He was already openly gay on campus.  And whispers were starting to emerge.  People were talking.  Was his draft stock slipping?  What would you do in that situation, just let the talk go on and watch your stock continue to plummet?

No, Sam was courageous enough to allow himself to be the one who crossed the barrier.  And like Rosa Parks, he was a perfect candidate,  this time not because of how harmless he was, but because of how celebrated he had already been - because of his accomplishments on the football field. If some kid from McNeese State announced he was gay, we wouldn't even be talking right now.  But this was the Defensive Player of the Year in the SEC, an All-American, a player beloved by his fans and voted MVP and roundly loved by his teammates.

And make no mistake about it, Sam is a lot more Jackie Robinson and a lot less Chad Ocholoco.  The fact that you'd rather not be confronted with a gay man's sexuality is nothing more than a testament to your own discomfort and intolerance, not Sam's character. If anything, you can rely on the statements of some of the best personnel men in the NFL (John Elway, Robert Kraft, Ozzie Newsome) for those assessments, who all think that his move took a lot of guts and character.  He's courageous.

Which they all knew is what it would take for someone to come out, because they'd have to withstand the withering whines from homophobes like yourself who veil your distaste for his identity in some bullshit about your team and protecting it from distractions.

Well, your distractions could very easily be a team's inspiration.  With a guy like Sam, I could very easily him becoming just that.

If I could plus you 100 times, I would. Great fucking post!!

Saying Jesus would have to be the QB demeans an entire faith. Intolerance is fine with you as long as its used against those for which you don't agree with. Calling Tim Tebow names is cute, but would you feel the same way if a bigot decided to use a few choice words for Mr. Sam? I never said Tim Tebow was the messiah, I said he was black-listed out of the league for being a distraction. I implore you to find any mention in any of my posts where I said gays should stay in the closet. Making things up seems to be your major. You have absolutely no idea what I believe in because I don't spew it on a football message board. I simply stated my reasons for not wanting him on the Bengals and gave a critique on how I think Sam could have handled this better. I'm glad demeaning anyone who doesn't goose-step along with whatever you believe in helps you sleep at night. You're a very intolerant and ignorant human being. You may be carrying around some type of guilt that causes you to overcompensate when it comes to articulating what you believe to be right and wrong. Good luck with that. I hope you are able to receive whatever help you may need. For future reference, when you come across someone who disagrees with you, it's probably not wise to immediately call them names. It might eventually get you in professional/personal trouble. I wish you all the best, while you carry around a perceived badge of tolerance and understanding, all while demeaning anything and everything that intersects with that.

+1.  And may I add that I couldn't have put it any better. 

Well I worship at the altar of comedy and humor and your inability to detect either offends me deeply. How dare you slight my religion?!

But seriously. Jesus was (defined by guys who wrote about him several hundred years later as) the son of god.  What position do you think he would play, Punter?  C'mon, man!

You lack the comedy gene. Or perhaps that gene doesn't exist at all and it's merely a choice on your part. Either way, you seem very comfortable mocking a religion. I don't actually mind because I mock anything and everything. It just seems bizarre coming from someone seemingly so protective of an individual's "rights". Mock the Christians, defend the homosexuals to the death. I get it.

Like Sammy? Because that would be as about offensive as Teboy - unless of course you thought the person about whom I was speaking had some kind of quasi-religious quality, versus being just another athlete about whom we are free to discuss.  In fact, your consistent need to interject Tebow into the Sam discussion really starts to make me wonder how long you've been Butthurt over this whole Tebow thing.  What are you going to do with yourself when HE comes out of the closet?   :lmao:

I hope you run out and get your Teboys for Jesus Tee right quick!

I don't recall mentioning Tebow had some sort of "quasi-religious quality". I recall being amused by the fact that you have no problem making fun of the caricature that you believe Tim Tebow to be, all while defending Michael Sam's rights as a human being. Once again, I didn't interject Tebow into Michael Sam coming out, I merely compared the potential distraction of Sam to what happened to the teams Tebow was on. And I'll reiterate, I don't want that distraction on the Bengals. I don't care if he considers his orientation to be licking the toes of tan midgets. if there is the potential for a distraction, I don't want him. Have fun making light of others' faith, it looks well on you. You're not a hypocrite in the least. 

And that's some denial, conspiracy-theory shit on the level of the birthers or those 9/11 truther crap.  Tebow sucked metaphorical donkey balls as a QB.  Entire red states would have clamored to have their QB their teams so they would only have to go one place to worship on Sundays.  Distraction? It would have been the motherlode to any team in one of those markets. But alas, they knew the same thing that anyone else who knew anything about the QB position in football knew.  They boy couldn't throw.  And as I mentioned, they went so far as to try to get him other opps, but he simply balked. Teboy refused to change (sound familiar).  He spent his whole life fighting his doubters, and that got him far.  But eventually reality (you could call it science here) caught up with him.  And no amount of effort or wishful thinking or prayer was going to make that go away. Want proof?  Where is he now?  Doing exactly what we could expect him to do, which is find the cameras. It won't be long before he runs for public office (and eventually the presidency (and of course, ultimately, for Messiahship).

I've already dealt with this with Kenneth and others on here. I don't want Tebow on my team because of the distraction that he brings. I also would never want to play against him. If TJ Yates could mount a game-winning drive against us, I'm pretty sure Tebow would figure out a way to pull one out of his ass. I implore you to go look at Tebow's numbers, compared to other back-ups currently in he NFL. Like I told Kenneth, if you actually believe that Josh Johnson is a better back-up QB than Tebow, have fun with that thought, but understand that crack kills. He's not in the league because he's a distraction. Terrell Owens was out of the league after a fine season in Cincinnati because he was a distraction. Team's do not want distractions. That's precisely why many teams will not want Michael Sam. 

Your direct quote, which kicked off this discussion, was "Don't Ask Don't Tell was Perfect."  Don't ask don't tell codified, into law, the requirement that gay stay in the closet.  I hope you know what the law actually was, because if you didn't, that would mean that you are saying and quoting things that you don't really understand.  Now that's not uncommon for folks who, say, still think the world is flat or was created 4000 years ago, but it's going to get you in some pretty deep water when you try to have a debate with someone who doesn't believe in the Easter Bunny.

Not to get too far off the subject, but perhaps a brief history lesson is in order. To say DADT was some sort of fascistic human-rights malpractice is hyperbole. A law that allowed gays into the military without fear of persecution and outright rejection doesn't seem all that fascistic to me. A law that allowed those, who previously may have never considered joining the armed forces, a potential veil to be able to do what they want to do seems like a positive step. Do you realize what was going on in the armed forces before DADT? There was a witch-hunt for gays in the military, with many being outed and court-martial-ed. Also do not forget, the "don't pursue, don't harass" angle which further protected the personal lives of homosexuals in the military. DADT proved to be a great compromise for both sides of the equation. The soldiers, who up until a few years ago were largely against having gays in the military, could continue to feel comfortable serving our country, and the gays who wished to join the armed forces could feel comfortable in knowing that their personal life would remain their personal life, without any repercussions. It amazes me that you would actually take offense to the notion of DADT, which has proved to be one of the biggest victories for gay rights in our nation's history. I do believe that DADT was perfect. I believe that compromises far exceed the zero-sum game. if you find that reprehensible, that's your business. 

No. You didn't stop there.  You said a lot of dumb shit today, but I didn't waste my time on you until you wrote this:

So says the creature mocking Christianity.

At some point, you weren't really making your point, but what you REALLY think eventually came out.  You characterize a guy who had to out himself (which is already a terrible fucking indignity he would be spared of if we were beyond this point) as making a spectacle of himself.  How, exactly, is he making a spectacle?  Is he also a spectacle for the gay kids all over America who are bullied or deeply ashamed of who they are, maybe even considering suicide? Or is he a hero?  Is he someone who has something to gain from this?  Really??!!!  His draft stock will only be adversely affected.  You think he wants this?  You think he'd rather have to go through this whole circus than just be another SEC Defensive Player of the Year who has the undersized label and gets to go the NFL to bust his ass and maybe provide for himself and his family for the rest of his life.

And then the Don't ask line that really set me off, and on that I've already given you a sound drubbing so let's move on, shall we?

No one needs to know the details of anyone's private life?  Then why do you think scouts were asking Michael Sam's agent and coaches about whether or not he had a girlfriend, or any of the other leading questions that were being pushed their way in the build up of this.  Doesn't sound like Michael Sam has the same (impression of) privacy that you and I have because we're straight.  Forget the violation of law, Michael Sam did the only thing he could do in this situation, and that was take control of his private life before he completely lost control - and turned into another Manti Teo.  And now he has to contend with people like you who accuse him of grandstanding or attention-grabbing or baiting or whatever else you want to call this to make it sufficiently offensive to you.

Please spare me the highfalutin double-talk. There is no indignity in living your life the way you want to live. No one on here wants to burn Michael Sam at the stake, but I also don't think anyone feels all that sorry for him. People like you turn it into a big deal by making his sexuality out to be some noble saving grace for all of mankind. People living their lives everyday don't care all that much whether Michael Sam is straight, gay, or jacks off rabbits in his spare time. People get annoyed when those, like you, make it into some sort of history defining moment. He's gay, so what? So is my cousin, he's a flight attendant. Who broke that barrier? Don't know, don't care. Michael Sam is not a deity, he's not courageous, and he's not a historical landmark. Returning war veterans are courageous. A woman who lifts a car to save her kid pinned underneath is a hero. Michael Sam is another guy who, for some reason, decided to tell the whole world that he prefers men. He's elevated by those looking to push a cause, in the same way Trayvon Martin was elevated by Al Sharpton. I also don't understand why this has to be a story any more than reading in the Cincinnati Enquirer that Andy Dalton is expecting a kid. Why do their personal lives matter to me? I just assume not know anything about them, good or bad.

Call me a bigot or call me the only honest man on this board, but I honestly could care less about all the gay kids in the world, supposedly elevated by a nondescript jock believing that humanity should know who he sleeps with. I'd tell those kids to live your life the way you want to live it. Don't apologize to anyone for how you live it, but also don't look to alienate anyone for how you live it. Live it the same way everyone else lives it and screw anyone who has a problem with it. I'd also tell that kid not to schedule an assembly in the gym to announce it. It will make you look like a self-righteous jackass. 

I think Michael Sam knew exactly what he was doing, much the same way Jason Collins knew what he was doing. Jason Collins is a washed-up basketball player who no one should ever remember. Jason Collins is instead singled out by the POTUS at the SOTU because of who he prefers to sleep with. Jason Collins stands to make a lot of money giving speeches, writing books, etc. telling his story. If we were truly beyond it, no one would care about his story. I know I don't. The odds say Michael Sam will be out of football within a few years. The odds now also say that Michael Sam's name will not being going away with his career. He is now some sort of Jackie Robinson figure. He could have told the media if it ever eventually came up  He could have gone to the combine and and disclosed it to anyone who dared to ask about his family/personal life. He could have said his personal life is no one's business but his own and he's comfortable in his own skin. He could have said he won't hide it in the locker room, but won't artificially bring attention to it either. He could have said he will live his life how he lives it. He won't hide it, won't apologize for it, but also won't seek to make himself a special figure, separate from the team. In other words, he could have done it in the exact same manner he did it at Mizzou. I would have respected the hell out of Michael Sam for that. Instead, he chose the shallow, narcissistic route Jason Collins chose. It's his right, but its transparent to anyone willing to see it.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/02/10/predicitions-of-draft-day-drop-for-michael-sam/

now the public knows too, and teams will be hesitant to take on the public criticism if they pass him up farther than his talent warrants.

It was coming out regardless.  He just chose to be the one to control the story and prevent it from hurting his career.

That's nonsense. In those interview with teams, they are going to ask about his family, his upbringing and his home life. That is a perfect way to casually bring up your orientation if you feel the need to. Instead, he decided to make himself a deity for the gay community.

No team is under obligation to draft anyone regardless of talent.  Of all people 1181 you should be well aware of this.  This is no different than Burfict not getting drafted.  His talent was evident on film,  but because of other distractions teams took him off their board.  I don't give a damn how all this plays out really.  To me he looks like a mid rounder.   If his talent says mid round why would teams be chastised if they don't take him in those rounds.  Alot of guys move down or don't get drafted at all for a myriad of reasons.  His is unique and it will be a media circus whereever he lands.

Archived